Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*gets keys, unlocks do- oops, it's still open!* Heh, I never "closed" last week's Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Cirashala
Tol Eressea

Sun, 7:22pm

Post #26 of 33 (293 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I had to, unfortunately they needed my help. We got the north side of the roof done yesterday before we ran out of light. I have very good balance even when sick and our roof isn't that steep (6:12 pitch). The problem is that this isn't simply a re-roof covered by insurance-this is brand new construction and if the roof rotted out I can't afford to rebuild the entire roof assembly. Plus, the water intrusion would completely ruin the interior as well, which is not finished yet either.

In short, if our roof does not get covered with something (right now a tarp nailed down for the rest of it) then I will have to fork over another $15,000 I don't have out of pocket to replace and rebuild the entire thing. This house isn't finished, so it can't be insured yet, and our construction is cash-flowed, not a loan (because banks won't give construction loans to owner-builders unless they work in the industry and we don't even though I know how to do it). If we have any water damage whatsoever, then I can't afford to redo it and we'll be screwed and won't have a house to live in (we're living in rv trailer while we build but county won't let us do that permanently and it would not be good for our family to do so either).

So we had no choice. It was either that or throw away a house to live in that we've been working on for four months and start over from foundation up, and we can't afford to do that Unsure Winter's barely beginning here, so we NEED our roof covered before the whole project is ruined. We focused on the north side because that's where the bulk of the cold winds come from, and because it's in the shade and won't thaw or melt as quickly (if at all).

At least we got that side done. We will tarp and nail it in under the eaves to protect the other half, and wait until the next clear day to wrap it up. Hopefully it won't be forever before we do (but in the immediate future it's all rain/snow/ice in the forecast).

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

sparrowruth
Rivendell

Sun, 10:33pm

Post #27 of 33 (278 views)
Shortcut
glad to hear you were able to make some decent progress [In reply to] Can't Post

and I will definitely be praying that you get a good weather day soon!

Cirashala
Tol Eressea

Sun, 10:39pm

Post #28 of 33 (274 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope so too Smile

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mon, 4:25pm

Post #29 of 33 (214 views)
Shortcut
Makio Inou, R.I.P. [In reply to] Can't Post

Japanese voice actor Makio Inoue, voice of my avatar Captain Harlock, has passed away at the age of 80 years. Condolences to his family, friends, colleagues and fans. May Makio Inouse find his rest in the sea of stars.

#FidelityToTolkien

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Mon, 4:31pm)

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Tue, 2:56pm

Post #30 of 33 (130 views)
Shortcut
Would that be Luby's? [In reply to] Can't Post

I love Luby's. Growing up south of San Antonio, all our family celebrations like birthdays and anniversaries happened at Luby's. I even own both their cookbooks and as a new wife 21 years ago, they saved me! Smile Love the chocolate pie!

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

ElanorTX
Grey Havens

Wed, 4:19am

Post #31 of 33 (92 views)
Shortcut
Sure thing, ma'am [In reply to] Can't Post

Luby's offers a three-vegetable plate with roll that satisfies this vegetarian quite nicely. And DF loves the chocolate pie. I didn't know they had cookbooks; will have to check Half-Price Books.

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

ElanorTX
Grey Havens

Wed, 4:22am

Post #32 of 33 (86 views)
Shortcut
Piled Higher and Deeper // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Wed, 11:13am

Post #33 of 33 (56 views)
Shortcut
No leftovers... [In reply to] Can't Post

But there's no CLEAN UP, EITHER! :D Now that is not such a bad thing ;) I'm so glad you had such a lovely day. *big hug*

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.