The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Need help finding LotR replicas

stormcrow20
Gondor

May 8 2008, 4:03am

Post #1 of 10 (1242 views)
Shortcut
Need help finding LotR replicas Can't Post

A few years back, I remember seeing three light-up replicas from the films. Sting, the staff of Gandalf the White, and the Phial of Galadriel.

I've been looking for these recently, on Google and eBay, with no results whatsoever on the staff or phial. Sting was made by Master Replicas, so I would assume the others were as well.

Does anyone else remember these, and know where they might be found online? Or did I dream it all up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~~~~~~
Círdan saw further and deeper than any other in Middle-earth, and he welcomed Mithrandir at the Grey Havens, knowing whence he came and whither he would return.
'Take this ring, master,' he said, 'for your labours will be heavy; but it will support you in the weariness you have taken upon yourself. For this is the Ring of Fire, and with it you may rekindle hearts in a world that grows chill.'

(This post was edited by stormcrow20 on May 8 2008, 4:12am)

BuckyUnderbelly
Lorien

May 8 2008, 3:24pm

Post #2 of 10 (1193 views)
Shortcut
There is a Phial ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... made by The Nobel Collection. http://www.noblecollection.com/...=NN9045&catid=17 Don't remember if it lights up though. The website doesn't say ...

I own a Gandalf the White staff, but it's the United Cutlery version and doesn't have any light-up feature. I didn't realize somebody made one like that. That would be a pretty spectacular feature, though, especially if the light was bright enough. Good luck!

"In Hollywood the screenplay is a fire hydrant. And there's a line of dogs around the block." -- Frank Miller

CAhobbit
Rohan

May 9 2008, 3:58am

Post #3 of 10 (1044 views)
Shortcut
Well.... [In reply to] Can't Post

As Bucky said, The Noble Collection does sell a Phial of Galadriel replica. I actually own it. It does not light up and is actually made out of plastic (much to my dismay when I got it). It's still a pretty piece but for the price I would have expected something made out of better quality products.

Sting was a Master Replicas piece and ebay is probably your best place to get one. They weren't big sellers so you could find them for super cheap prices a couple of years ago.

I've never seen or heard of a light of Gandalf the White staff every being out in the market though.

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

greendragon
Sr. Staff

May 9 2008, 7:08pm

Post #4 of 10 (996 views)
Shortcut
I too have never heard of a light up Gandalf staff [In reply to] Can't Post

although the Noble Collection do sell candle holders in the shape of the TOP of the staff - both Gandalf the Grey and White. I have the G the Grey one - it's about eight inches tall and holds a tealight candle, and looks great lit up. Beyond that I don't know there there ever was a light up staff.

There certainly WAS a light up phial of Galadriel - I think Noble Collection may have had one very briefly (I seem to recall at one time they had more than one phial, and one was I think light up). But they certainly don't sell this any more. I think there may also have been one on sale at Tolkien Town at one time - maybe made by Applause? (Who also made various light up 'rings of power', which I have.) I did at one time consider buying a phial but never did, so I'm afraid I can't help you track one down for sure. But I'm pretty sure there WAS one - maybe you should do one of those ebay searches where they notify you of anything which comes up matching your search? That way you have the best chance of finding one if anyone ever sells it.

Good luck!

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

CAhobbit
Rohan

May 10 2008, 6:16am

Post #5 of 10 (1105 views)
Shortcut
Master Replicas.... [In reply to] Can't Post

actually had plans to release a light up phial. It was listed on their website for quite awhile but after they released the light up Sting and light up Sauron finger with one ring they scrapped all they other items they were going to release alas. I really can't recall any other company ever actually releasing a light up phial though (save the idea of releasing one).

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

greendragon
Sr. Staff

May 10 2008, 2:10pm

Post #6 of 10 (1140 views)
Shortcut
Maybe that's the answer.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw the advertising for the proposed light up phial, perhaps. But I still have this feeling that Noble Collection had one for a little while - or perhaps they too just proposed it. I have a bunch of their old catalogues - I'll have to have a look through them at some point and see if I'm totally imagining things (which is entirely likely!) Wink

(Btw CAh - wish we were going to see you in Chicago next week. Hope you're well!)

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

stormcrow20
Gondor

May 11 2008, 4:42am

Post #7 of 10 (1102 views)
Shortcut
Found a little information.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I finally found a few tidbits concerning the staff and phial.

Here are two articles from TORn.
April 28th, 2004: SHOP: Master Replicas LOTR Items coming soon!
April 30th, 2004: SHOP: Master Replicas Now on Pre-Sale!

And one from thegd.com concerning the 2004 San Diego Comic Con which was held July 22–25, 2004.
Excerpt on Master Replicas:

UPDATE on Light of Earendil and Gandalf's Staff: The latest we heard is that these are not cancelled, but also not planned for the near future. They did state, howeverm that MORE Lord of the Rings products are planned and will announce them as they get closer to finalizing the details! If their product continues like the FX Sting...they will be around for a very long time in the LOTR business!

Apparently what I remember seeing was the pre-sale. Now the question is whether they were ever produced and sold, and what happened to the pre-orders? The staff and phial were supposed to be limited to 2,500 pieces worldwide. That would make them rare, but I would expect to see one or two on eBay now and then.

If anyone has further information, it is certainly still welcome!

Thanks a million for the help, everyone! Smile

~~~~~~
Círdan saw further and deeper than any other in Middle-earth, and he welcomed Mithrandir at the Grey Havens, knowing whence he came and whither he would return.
'Take this ring, master,' he said, 'for your labours will be heavy; but it will support you in the weariness you have taken upon yourself. For this is the Ring of Fire, and with it you may rekindle hearts in a world that grows chill.'

CAhobbit
Rohan

May 11 2008, 11:51pm

Post #8 of 10 (960 views)
Shortcut
They were never released.... [In reply to] Can't Post

though they were listed on the Master Replica's site for at least a couple of years. The sales of the light up Sting and Sauron finger with one ring were not stellar and any future LOTR products were scrapped. Quite sad because I would have loved to have had a light up phial.

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

CAhobbit
Rohan

May 11 2008, 11:54pm

Post #9 of 10 (1017 views)
Shortcut
*Puts on sad face* [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish I had the time to go to so many wonderful meet-ups. I know fun will be had by all!

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

Elven
Valinor

May 12 2008, 1:16pm

Post #10 of 10 (1132 views)
Shortcut
Yes there was one released ... [In reply to] Can't Post

but I dont know by who, nor any other deatils ... but
a person I know on one of the Tarot sites has one - and yes, it lights up - it is full size.
He got it from ebay USA and paid $90.00 for it a few years ago.
Its white like the one in your avatar stormcrow.

I told him back then when I found out if he ever wanted to sell it to let me know, though he hasnt been much on the site I visit regularly, I can give him a pm if you like?

Cheers Elven

Were off to Hobbiton finally!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.