Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Greetings, everyone, and welcome to Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 21, 4:09am

Post #26 of 37 (443 views)
Shortcut
I hope so! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope he has a visiting nurse coming each day at first. He's on some heavy meds.

Pickle has done a bunch of riding in the car, but not for 5 hours. He sleeps a lot, so I'm hoping (again) that he has a shorter trip by being unconscious for most of it. I think he'll be a good distraction for Dex. Puppy LOVES to cuddle. You're right... GOOD therapy :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 21, 4:25am

Post #27 of 37 (446 views)
Shortcut
Medicare [In reply to] Can't Post

and he's a Vietnam War vet, so we're checking on VA options, too. Marquette is on its way! (ish ;)

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 21, 4:42pm

Post #28 of 37 (412 views)
Shortcut
That's an awful lot to go through! [In reply to] Can't Post

The poor guy - it seems like they're doing everything possible to save that foot, but still, he's the one who must endure the surgeries etc. I'm glad you and your daughter will be able to be with him for a while, and Pickle too - has he met the pup before?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 22, 1:41am

Post #29 of 37 (387 views)
Shortcut
No, they haven't met [In reply to] Can't Post

And I hope it goes well. Pickle LOVES to sit on your lap and sleep under a blanket/coverlet. I'm nervous about keeping Pickle off Dex's lap until we know how vulnerable the foot/leg is. Can you imagine a small dog jumping onto that? *shudder* The cuddling would be good. Getting into the lap is the scary part!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 22, 2:42am

Post #30 of 37 (380 views)
Shortcut
Counter attack! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Now it's getting exciting! I'll bet the time seems to be dragging.

I'm glad you didn't get the hardest part of the storm. You've got enough excitement going on ;)

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 22, 2:49am

Post #31 of 37 (379 views)
Shortcut
*checks watch & calendar* Woohoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

By now you must be totally moved out and in! Congratulations! It's so great your schedules will keep overlapping times trying to get at the kitchen and bath to a minimum. This all sounds perfect! So wonderful to have that chapter closed. ENJOY!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 22, 2:56am

Post #32 of 37 (380 views)
Shortcut
I hope the games went well... [In reply to] Can't Post

And that all of your teams won! :D

I'm so glad you got new tyres. I had a good friend die in a car crash when the oncoming car hydroplaned on wet roads. You're friend is right about your car needed control where it touches the ground. Now you can enjoy a much safer Spring!!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 22, 3:04am

Post #33 of 37 (379 views)
Shortcut
You've got a lot going on [In reply to] Can't Post

What a great stroke of luck and timing that you were able to perform AND get to do some solos! I'll bet the man who runs things will never forget how you came through for him :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 22, 8:14pm

Post #34 of 37 (345 views)
Shortcut
I can really tell the difference [In reply to] Can't Post

with how the car is handling - it's definitely more responsive. And I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Whenever I'm driving, I remind myself that there's usually only a painted line on the road that separates me from oncoming traffic.

Re the games, my All Blacks did win, and now we're up against a strong England team in the semi-finals (with South Africa and Wales in the other match). Saturday night will be squeaky-bum time (very nervous).

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Greenwood Hobbit
Grey Havens

Oct 22, 8:52pm

Post #35 of 37 (343 views)
Shortcut
I got lucky, was happy to perform - [In reply to] Can't Post

but what I have going on is as nothing compared to what you are facing at the moment. What a difficult situation! I hope things improve, but it sounds like it'll take time. Good luck with it all.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 23, 11:00am

Post #36 of 37 (302 views)
Shortcut
*rubs hands together* Saturday! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tell everyone in town you'll be out of town, all of those out of town you're busy... and turn off the phone!!! HAVE FUN and GO TEAM!!!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

cats16
Valinor

Oct 25, 4:25pm

Post #37 of 37 (240 views)
Shortcut
Yes!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you. Still a couple of things to put together, but everything made it over. And yes, scheduling seems to be in our favor thus far. :)

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.