Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
When was the last time you watched any of the Middle-earth movies?
Poll: When was the last time you watched any of the Middle-earth movies?
I'm in the middle of a viewing right now
Within the last week
Within the last month
Earlier this year
Last year sometime
So long ago that I don't actually remember
Other
View Results (41 votes)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 1 2019, 12:19am

Post #1 of 19 (7411 views)
Shortcut
When was the last time you watched any of the Middle-earth movies? Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 1 2019, 3:19am

Post #2 of 19 (7332 views)
Shortcut
It Depends. [In reply to] Can't Post

Does popping one in the Blu-ray player to check out a specific scene count?

CuriousG
Half-elven

Oct 1 2019, 2:24pm

Post #3 of 19 (7301 views)
Shortcut
Last week [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw that ROTK and TTT was back on Netflix, so I watched the lighting of the beacons segment a couple of times. Wow. I'm just amazed at how moving that part of the movie is: beautiful imagery, beautiful music, and just emotionally stirring on some primal level. Then watched Helm's Deep. The movies are like the books--fun to browse favorite parts, and so much easier when I don't have to insert a DVD, wait for it to load, etc.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 1 2019, 7:31pm

Post #4 of 19 (7278 views)
Shortcut
Sure, why not? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm currently 'rereading' a book while skipping sections that I found slow the first time. Smile

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 1 2019, 8:00pm

Post #5 of 19 (7273 views)
Shortcut
If I rewatch... [In reply to] Can't Post

It tends to be around the holidays. I'm planning on taking a couple of years off, as some of it has just become too familiar and loses the magic unless I'm seeing it in a theater (which isn't often).

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Oct 3 2019, 10:20pm

Post #6 of 19 (7119 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit Day... [In reply to] Can't Post

I watched the whole LOTR trilogy in the week prior to Hobbit Day so I could review all three on my movie blog. I watched the theatrical editions, just because the EE is so long, but it was a fun experience nonetheless. I also did something I've never done before, which is watching them out of order: I did Two Towers first, followed by Fellowship and then Return of the King - I did that so I could view the films more as individual stories, rather than one continuous one.

(This post was edited by Thor 'n' Oakenshield on Oct 3 2019, 10:21pm)

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2019, 10:41am

Post #7 of 19 (6990 views)
Shortcut
My excuse... [In reply to] Can't Post

My granddaughter stole my DVD player and I keep falling for the I’ll bring it back rather than just going and buying one. I catch lots of bits and pieces on network tv until the commercials drive me insane.

Annael
Immortal

Oct 7 2019, 3:00pm

Post #8 of 19 (6826 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

I watched a bit of "An Unexpected Journey" recently but turned it off after they left Rivendell, because that's when PJ starts over-amplifying everything. Other than that I'd have to say "don't remember how long.."

I am, however, very excited about the BBC radio production CDs someone just gifted me.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 7 2019, 4:19pm

Post #9 of 19 (6822 views)
Shortcut
The Lord of the Rings radio plays [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I am, however, very excited about the BBC radio production CDs someone just gifted me.

The 1981 BBC radio play isn't bad, though it does omit a few things (most notably Tom Bombadil & Goldberry and the Druadan Forest with the Woses). Apparently there was another adaptation in 1955, but no recordings of it seem to have survived.

I personally prefer the Mind's Eye adaptation for its completeness, though some listeners have been displeased with some of the voice acting in it, especially accents and pronunciations.

Annael
Immortal

Oct 11 2019, 2:07pm

Post #10 of 19 (6546 views)
Shortcut
I had the cassette version in the 90s. [In reply to] Can't Post

There was a lot of debate here in the early days about Mind's Eye vs. BBC. As I recall the BBC one was preferred by most. I haven't listened to it.

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Oct 27 2019, 2:13am

Post #11 of 19 (5453 views)
Shortcut
Watching the EE Fellowship right now! [In reply to] Can't Post

I may stay up and watch the whole darn thing. I need Middle Earth today.

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Oct 27 2019, 1:14pm

Post #12 of 19 (5407 views)
Shortcut
Why not, if it calms your nerves! // [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by ElanorTX on Oct 27 2019, 1:15pm)

Annael
Immortal

Oct 27 2019, 3:17pm

Post #13 of 19 (5402 views)
Shortcut
sounds like you had a close encounter with a couple of Black Riders yourself. [In reply to] Can't Post

so sorry.

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Oct 27 2019, 7:26pm

Post #14 of 19 (5392 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I did. [In reply to] Can't Post

But yesterday I got to do my Dame Ioreth imitation at work and help heal. That's how I got over everything last time. That's what I'll do this time.

In the meantime, Treebeard just released the RIVAAAAAHHHHHH! And that gives me hope.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 27 2019, 8:52pm

Post #15 of 19 (5377 views)
Shortcut
I so heard that in Treebeard's voice. :D / [In reply to] Can't Post

Nuradar
Rohan

Nov 15 2019, 9:08pm

Post #16 of 19 (3487 views)
Shortcut
For me, it was last autumn [In reply to] Can't Post

Speaking of that, I need to pencil in my next marathon. I'm due!! I'll probably watch them either right before Christmas, or just after.

Ioreth
Rivendell

Oct 31 2020, 10:54am

Post #17 of 19 (1020 views)
Shortcut
last year I think [In reply to] Can't Post

/nt

Ioreth
Rivendell

Oct 31 2020, 10:57am

Post #18 of 19 (1019 views)
Shortcut
I love love love the BBC version [In reply to] Can't Post

Back in the eighties my first ever self-earned money went to writing to the BBC World Service Shop and order the 13-cassette-version.
That was my "precious" for many many years!

I copied them over to mp3s in the 90s. Still have those and listen to them at least once a year ...

Sir Ian Holms Frodo was the Frodo of my heart.

Even if I started reading the swedish translations in 1981 ...

Ioreth
Rivendell

Jan 3 2022, 3:05pm

Post #19 of 19 (553 views)
Shortcut
some years ago [In reply to] Can't Post

Due to me finally HAVING jobs the last years I haven't had much sparetime.
Especially doing work from home and having lots of menopausal problems left me with very little spare time at all.
So some years.

But I plan on rewatching :)
Will probably be unemployed from february - and getting a 100% homebased work again seems hard right now :(
Too many risk groups for me :(

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.