The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
I dreamed last night

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Feb 18 2007, 1:47pm

Post #1 of 6 (1340 views)
Shortcut
I dreamed last night Can't Post

about a huge building under construction. Altaira and Mr. Altaira were the main contractors. There were theaters and ballrooms and places with big-screen TVs hooked up to the Internet. There were lots of people there, already enjoying the place, even though there were still guys in hard hats running around with drills and hammers. When I woke up I realized that the building, of course, represented the new boards, our new home, our Crickhollow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
Chance Meeting at Rivendell: a Tolkien Fanfic
and some other stuff I wrote...
leleni at hotmail dot com

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Feb 18 2007, 4:02pm

Post #2 of 6 (1055 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Aunt Dora Baggins] I dreamed last night [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
our Crickhollow.

Your Crickhollow. This is my Moria, cleaned out of balrogs (no wings) and goblins and such.

That is a pretty amazing dream BTW. Cool

If we live in trying times, we must be the ones who try. If the future is looking dark, we must be the ones who shine.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 18 2007, 8:57pm

Post #3 of 6 (1061 views)
Shortcut
You have such meaningful dreams! [In reply to] Can't Post

Really - I so enjoy reading about them!

This isn't so much a Crickhollow to me; I feel it more as a refurbished Green Dragon, with many different meeting rooms. Go up to the bar, call for a mug of liquid refreshment, and join in the many conversations going on!

Yeah - theaters (Movie) and libraries (Reading Room) and galleries and gaming rooms and, of course, the Main Hall and its (OT) annex!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Still 'round the corner there may wait
A new road, or a secret gate...

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Feb 19 2007, 4:28am

Post #4 of 6 (1002 views)
Shortcut
Crickhollow refers to a post from the old board [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't remember who said it, but they talked about Altaira going on before us to prepare the new home being like Merry and Fatty Bolger going to Crickhollow before Frodo and Pippin and Sam, to prepare the home there.

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."

Patty
Immortal

Feb 19 2007, 5:13am

Post #5 of 6 (999 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MrCere] I dreamed last night [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To
our Crickhollow.

Your Crickhollow. This is my Moria, cleaned out of balrogs (no wings) and goblins and such.

No wings? Where did the ones WITH wings go, MrCere? They obviously had them in the moviesWink

Lord Peter Wimsey's Main Squeeze

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Feb 19 2007, 12:40pm

Post #6 of 6 (1199 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, dernwyn. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think one reason I do have meaningful dreams sometimes is that usually when I wake up I try to interpret them. I don't believe in the kinds of interpretations you get out of books; I think we're all much more able to interpret our own dreams than any outside "expert". I just think about what's going on in my life and how the dream could be a reflection of that. In my dream journal, I usually finish with a paragraph reflecting on the meaning of the dream. It isn't always an intellectual exercise; I listen to my emotions a lot. For example, I dreamed about riding in a car by the ocean with my parents; I was a kid and they were young again. I woke up sobbing, and realized the dream was dealing with my grief over the fact that they're getting old, and my mom in particular is getting feeble. She grew up by the ocean and we used to vacation there because she loved it so.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.