Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Throws Open Doors* It's time for Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 23, 3:57pm

Post #1 of 51 (771 views)
Shortcut
*Throws Open Doors* It's time for Fiesta Friday! Can't Post

Greetings and Welcome to FIESTA FRIDAY! Our lovely Altaira is off on an adventure for the next few weeks, so I snagged the keys and bar towel to make sure everyone is properly fed and watered. ;)

I'll be working an SAT test on SATurday; but other than that, I'll be *kaff* cleaning the garage. *sigh* I could easily park 4 of my hobbity SUVs in it… if it was empty ;) I can BARELY pull in and can only open the driver's side doors. Too Much Being Stored. So I'm hoping to have a yard sale in the next few weeks and purging as much "stuff" as I can.

The Boards hit a milestone here on Off Topic on July 26th when thread number 1,000 was posted!! It was Altaira's Fiesta that carried us across the line :D CONGRATS OT!

So what have you been up to? Are there awesome plans for your weekend? *sets out tray of goodies* Help yourself to a snack whilst I get you something yummy to drink… once you tell me what it is ;)

Tip of the day: Try to avoid mayhem whenever you can!!!

sample

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Aug 23, 4:39pm

Post #2 of 51 (691 views)
Shortcut
I'll take a margarita on the rocks. [In reply to] Can't Post

Been a long two weeks for me, between working my two jobs and being transportation to certain family members. Today has been my first day off in about two weeks and I'm exhausted lol.

After my 8:30 am to 5 p.m. tomorrow at the local Bass Pro Shop, I'm going to finally see Spiderman Far From Home with my buddy.
I also might be going to a water park with my siblings and my mom on Sunday after church. Something fun to do before I start my fall semester at the local college on Monday.Wink

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 23, 4:48pm

Post #3 of 51 (683 views)
Shortcut
Whoa... way too busy! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think you're going to need more than a margarita ;)

Yeah... suddenly all the noise, busy and non-stop running takes over! You definitely need to do something... even just a couple of hours... just for yourself. Hide under the bed!? ;) Good for you to jump through all the hoops, though. *high five* And now on to school. My g'son starts on Monday, too.

And so it begins ;)

Best of luck to you.... shooting good vibes your way! Enjoy the weekend however you can!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Aug 23, 4:49pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 23, 5:25pm

Post #4 of 51 (678 views)
Shortcut
*The Bar is still open* [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm doing inventory in the back room... so I'll be around to fill your glass in a bit ;)

And a note to our visiting guests and those hiding in the shadows... you are all very welcome to join in any time :D *jangles keys* We're here every Friday!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Aug 23, 5:32pm)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 23, 5:46pm

Post #5 of 51 (673 views)
Shortcut
*pops in* [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings, gramma, thank you for tending bar for us today! I'm just stopping by between shopping and baking. My kids are all home, we're making a platter of mini-quiches and veggies with dip to take with us to a massive family picnic tomorrow. We're getting as many kids, grand-kids, and great-grand-kids together to celebrate hubby's Dad's 90th birthday! Up in the Berkshires - the day is supposed to be pleasant and a bit cool.

And the girls (and a boyfriend) have a request: we'll be watching the Hobbit trilogy (EE) while they're here. Cool

So I'll get an iced coffee in a to-go mug. Garage cleaning? That's a task and a half, amazing how stuff accumulates in there - have fun with it, and don't strain yourself too hard! Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 23, 7:03pm

Post #6 of 51 (667 views)
Shortcut
The best weekend EVER! [In reply to] Can't Post

OH!!! This is the 90th b'day Party! I'm SO glad the weather is cooperating. It sounds like a wonderful weekend is lined up with family filling the rooms! Excellent! Blessings to your Dad and give him a b'day hug for me :D

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 23, 10:05pm

Post #7 of 51 (660 views)
Shortcut
I'll join OldestDaughter with that margarita. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm cleaning the house today, getting it spic and span as in a few days time I'll be in Auckland having a second operation on my hip, and I won't be able to do housework like vacuuming for a couple of months afterward (oh woe...). The op isn't a hip replacement, just some refurbishment of the soft tissue. I hope it works this time.

A really sucky thing that happened this week is that my lovely gas heater up and died. It's so old that the gas repairer found down the back of it a voucher from United Video dated 1989! He doesn't think he can find parts to repair it but he's still giving it a go, and in the meantime I've been rugging up during some of the coldest nights of winter. (Typical.) I've also been looking at new gas heaters and wincing at the price. :/

BUT the freesias have started to bloom and it's a gloriously sunny day today, so I plan to get out for a walk in the afternoon. :)

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 24, 1:56am

Post #8 of 51 (628 views)
Shortcut
*massive hug* Oh geez... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's time for your hip, huh? Oh man... I've been wondering if that was coming up soon. I really hope this procedure works and you can have some relief. Here's a buddy to keep you company. It's so nice that you can enjoy your flowers and a beautiful day for your walk before heading out.

How nasty for your heater to go out! Why can't they quit when it's just a bit nippy out and not when it's bone-chilling cold :( I hope your guy can find a part and keep this one going so you can have a chance to do some money-saving shopping for a replacement on the off season.
You've got a lot on your plate... but cleaning, imho, is the worst! ;)

Good luck... I'll be thinking of you!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 24, 1:58am

Post #9 of 51 (625 views)
Shortcut
**Hang out self-serve sign** Have a GREAT weekend! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 24, 3:24am

Post #10 of 51 (625 views)
Shortcut
Thanks gramma. :) [In reply to] Can't Post

That teddy bear reminds me of when I had my eyes lasered, and I was handed a soft toy to hold during the procedure. It actually made a difference! Smile

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Greenwood Hobbit
Grey Havens

Aug 24, 9:25pm

Post #11 of 51 (567 views)
Shortcut
Evening All - only a day late! [In reply to] Can't Post

I used to wish I had a garage - on reflection, it's probably just as well that I don't have one! I'd only fill it. I have a very small garden shed, just big enough for the mower, hedge trimmer etc and a set of shelves; also a small summer house which was supposed to be purely for relaxation, but which now holds a chest full of my father's tools, which for the time being I want to keep. He's been gone almost three years and at some point I'll have to be practical about it all... but not just yet.
For once, it's a very warm august Bank Holiday (beer weather!) in all but the north-west corner of these islands; 26C here this afternoon (sorry, I've forgotten how to do Fahrenheit!). I'm dog-sitting for my daughter; this morning I went up a local hill with a border collie and came back with something disgusting. Yes, he found the only peaty wallow that still had water in it! Euch...Had to give him a very good rinsing, once home.

I must not have snacks; I've already discraced myself today by tucking into some veggie sweets (no gelatine) that I bought for the grandsons. Oops... Colin the Caterpillar Fizzy Rainbows... Ah well, I have another packet - which must remain untouched!Cheers, everyone!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 25, 12:45pm

Post #12 of 51 (521 views)
Shortcut
Space is meant to be filled! [In reply to] Can't Post

Outer space with stars and stuff, but garages, basements and sheds with "stuff". ;)

Oh yeah... Hang on to your Dad's tools chest. I love it that you have something so HIM! :D I have my Dad's workbench (he built), 10 ft wooden ladder, and a bunch of tools that I've set up and use. It's always a special project when my Dad is helping ;) He's been gone since 1977.

It's so great of you to doggie-sit. Plus it's nice to have time with a dog but can still send them back home ;)

I love border collies! They're always on some kind of adventure or totally content to cuddle. I've had 2 through the years and have always enjoyed them so much. Although, I must say, my current best buddy (Pickle) has easily become my favourite. He still makes me laugh every day. Although, I believe if he was given half a chance, he'd roll in the smelliest thing ever spawned!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and can enjoy the great weather :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Aug 25, 12:55pm

Post #13 of 51 (520 views)
Shortcut
Hey gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

I notice that you have been relatively silent in the discussions about Amazon's upcoming M-e series. Are you reluctant to weigh-in until we know more about the show? I've been curious to read your hopes, fears and insights concerning the series.

"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." - DRWolf (after John C. Maxwell)

Greenwood Hobbit
Grey Havens

Aug 25, 2:43pm

Post #14 of 51 (512 views)
Shortcut
I think there comes a point [In reply to] Can't Post

at which once-beloved possessions somehow morph into excess baggage with the passage of time. I think, in some respects, I'm reaching that point. Daughter's hubby has ended up with his father's tools AND his grandfather's - way more tools than a person needs - and he still hasn't tackled the job of sorting them out after several years. He doesn't even do that much DIY! That's definitely the downside of having a garage - just throw it in and worry about it later...

The previous dog my daughter owned was a very happy pooch if he could find fox poo in which to roll. This one, fortunately, doesn't seem keen on rolling in anything - he must think he's perfect already! Your Pickle looks like a wonderful little character.

Annael
Immortal

Aug 25, 7:08pm

Post #15 of 51 (488 views)
Shortcut
sending healing vibes [In reply to] Can't Post

for a remarkably easy operation and recovery! Have you got your binge list ready?

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967
my blog: https://jodybower.com/myths-archetypes-in-film/

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 25, 8:10pm

Post #16 of 51 (484 views)
Shortcut
Oh yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've got books and movies up the wazoo, so I'm definitely prepped! (Not to mention frozen meals and enough groceries to last a couple of weeks.) Smile

Ataahua's stories

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 26, 10:54am

Post #17 of 51 (443 views)
Shortcut
Hey O-s! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I've sadly totally neglected the Board because I keep forgetting to check being all-over-the-place busy and... selfishly... I know I won't be able to watch *sniffle* the shows since I don't have the ability to access them... so it makes me anxious. :) If it's not in my current Dish Satellite programming or I have to try to watch it on my computer (mine can't handle it), it won't happen. I'm also not going to be able to watch one of my fav shows of all time (Fixer Upper) as the hosts/stars are starting their own network/channel. Can't afford it :(

I will venture over to the Board now and again and see what kind of damage... er... input I can offer ;D

Thanks!!!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 26, 10:57am

Post #18 of 51 (442 views)
Shortcut
True on the morphing [In reply to] Can't Post

I admit to reaching that on many of my Mom's and Sister's belongings. *warm hug* You're very wise :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Aug 26, 2:11pm

Post #19 of 51 (434 views)
Shortcut
That's a shame, gramma. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I've sadly totally neglected the Board because I keep forgetting to check being all-over-the-place busy and... selfishly... I know I won't be able to watch *sniffle* the shows since I don't have the ability to access them... so it makes me anxious. :) If it's not in my current Dish Satellite programming or I have to try to watch it on my computer (mine can't handle it), it won't happen. I'm also not going to be able to watch one of my fav shows of all time (Fixer Upper) as the hosts/stars are starting their own network/channel. Can't afford it :(

I can relate; my spouse has no plans to subscribe to Amazon Prime. I'm probably going to have to purchase the Roku app for it. It's already tempting to get it to be able to watch Good Omens.

"Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." - DRWolf (after John C. Maxwell)

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Aug 26, 2:13pm)

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Aug 26, 5:13pm

Post #20 of 51 (416 views)
Shortcut
That’s a garage sale I would go to! 8) / [In reply to] Can't Post

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Aug 26, 5:18pm

Post #21 of 51 (412 views)
Shortcut
Hope the operation goes perfectly and your recovery is speedy / [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 26, 8:39pm

Post #22 of 51 (395 views)
Shortcut
Thanks SirD, I appreciate it. :) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua's stories

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 26, 9:36pm

Post #23 of 51 (396 views)
Shortcut
:D [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm thinking of branding it a Living Estate Sale or a Multi-Family Sale ;) I NEED A BARN!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Lissuin
Valinor

Aug 26, 10:54pm

Post #24 of 51 (386 views)
Shortcut
All the best, Ataahua! [In reply to] Can't Post

When you reemerge, the kowhai will be blooming. Hugs!

http://ketenewplymouth.peoplesnetworknz.info/...geon?view_size=large

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 26, 11:48pm

Post #25 of 51 (381 views)
Shortcut
Fingers firmly crossed [In reply to] Can't Post

that the op goes well and has a good result.

Sad about your good old heater :( I loathe having to replace perfectly good (apart from not working...) appliances, sometimes with inferior new ones.

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.