Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
LOTR Unfinished & lost scenes

TheRealBeren
Rivendell

Aug 10, 3:57pm

Post #1 of 5 (3220 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Unfinished & lost scenes Can't Post

Hello. Can someone please update me on any recent news regarding the restoration of the unused scenes from LOTR? Thank you.

(This post was edited by TheRealBeren on Aug 10, 3:58pm)

Chen G.
Rohan

Aug 10, 7:33pm

Post #2 of 5 (3172 views)
Shortcut
I don't think [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll ever see a longer cut of the films, perhaps with the exception of one meant to tie the two trilogies together.

Jackson brought this idea up several times in the commentary to The Lord of the Rings, but after hearing it for the first time or two you get he's just joking.

The extended cuts aren't somekind of rough cut that we get to watch: they're carefully-edited cuts of the assembly, and they're just as long as they need to be, being already gargantuan in length. We really needn't much in the way of more footage - it will be a disservice to the films as a whole.

As for getting the scenes apart from the film, but in HD. That might happen for future realse, for those scenes which are not heavy in effects.

I'm curious if Jackson will ever attempt a shorter cut, particularly of The Hobbit. He said he wanted to give King Kong (by far his most drawn-out and poorly paced film) that treatment, and while I like The Hobbit as it is, it'll be an interesting experiment.

(This post was edited by Chen G. on Aug 10, 7:34pm)

TheRealBeren
Rivendell

Aug 10, 9:33pm

Post #3 of 5 (3151 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Unfinished & lost scenes [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean as separate restored, finished scenes of course, as I don't want to see a different LOTR cut.

Silmaril
Rohan

Aug 26, 9:53am

Post #4 of 5 (2757 views)
Shortcut
I absolutely agree with you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I would love to see those lost scenes!!!

(This post was edited by Silmaril on Aug 26, 9:54am)

Paulo Gabriel
Rivendell

Sep 2, 12:20am

Post #5 of 5 (2376 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps... [In reply to] Can't Post

it will be released in 2030 or after that. Laugh

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.