Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
LOTR Caption Contest CCXXVII

hanne
Lorien

Jul 18, 2:42pm

Post #1 of 9 (3153 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Caption Contest CCXXVII Can't Post

CCXXVII! The symmetry-lover in me wishes Roman numerals let you have two V's in a row.

Many thanks StingingFly for tagging me. On the to next challenge: What's the buzz in Hobbiton today? Or what tasty concoction is in those mugs? Or...

Larger image at this link

sparrowruth
Rivendell

Jul 19, 2:31am

Post #2 of 9 (3055 views)
Shortcut
"You have just GOT to hear what Lobelia did this morning!" [In reply to] Can't Post

Cirashala
Tol Eressea

Jul 19, 5:05pm

Post #3 of 9 (2989 views)
Shortcut
This weird dwarf knocked on my door last night [In reply to] Can't Post

he was so rude! Seemed to think I was Bilbo Baggins and that my plate was up for grabs!

Friend-what did you do?
First speaker- I told him to get his grubby, filthy dwarf hands off my supper and get lost!
Friend- Well, did he?
First speaker- Probably. He said he'd already lost his way once...
(I know this is LOTR caption not Hobbit, but I couldn't resist Wink)

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

(This post was edited by Cirashala on Jul 19, 5:07pm)

Greenwood Hobbit
Grey Havens

Jul 19, 9:22pm

Post #4 of 9 (2957 views)
Shortcut
I'll teach that so-and-so to sabotage my pumpkins; give him the 'special' in the brown mug and watch him run for the privy... [In reply to] Can't Post

Alveric
Rivendell

Jul 19, 9:53pm

Post #5 of 9 (2967 views)
Shortcut
No, no, I'm telling you-- [In reply to] Can't Post

it's a tall, non-fat latte with caramel drizzle and a cherry on top and a little picture of a doggy drawn in the foam for Merry, and a decaf French-pressed venti soy vanilla macchiato with a shot of hemp oil for Pippin. Get it right, Marge!

StingingFly
Lorien

Jul 20, 7:18pm

Post #6 of 9 (2847 views)
Shortcut
"I tell you Lotho has big plans for Hobbiton! Modernization means shorter work days and better working conditions! Now take these drinks over to the tall bearded gentlemen and his companion. They are friends of the Chief." [In reply to] Can't Post

sparrowruth
Rivendell

Jul 22, 2:25am

Post #7 of 9 (2702 views)
Shortcut
*snert*/ [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by sparrowruth on Jul 22, 2:26am)

hanne
Lorien

Jul 24, 2:00pm

Post #8 of 9 (2440 views)
Shortcut
Winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can just imagine a huddle of whispers following Lobelia wherever she goes, and I have such a soft spot for the Hobbit, and I squirmed to imagine the pumpkin-growers revenge and I chuckled at the idea of Lotho taking over with corporate talking points :) Well done everyone!

But I have to give the win to Alveric because I started smiling at the caramel drizzle and laughing at the picture of a doggie and it just got more over the top from there! Thank you for the amusement :) Go forth and post!

Alveric
Rivendell

Jul 25, 10:05am

Post #9 of 9 (2349 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah the glory! I will put this on my c.v., next to my other proud accomplishments such as 'won bottle of sparkling cider in Saturday Night Fever trivia contest' and 'got Ph.D.'
Later today I'll post a new picture.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.