Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Hey y'all!

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Jun 12, 12:34pm

Post #1 of 8 (464 views)
Shortcut
Hey y'all! Can't Post

Hey everyone, how goes it.
Sorry I haven't been around lately. I've been busy with working two jobs, looking at my fall semester and dealing with a few family issues such as the apparent death of my older brother and my little kitty Moose.

I have to say that I've missed hanging out TORn and that my heart is always in Middle-earth!

Cheers,
OldestDaughter

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

Annael
Immortal

Jun 12, 2:04pm

Post #2 of 8 (439 views)
Shortcut
whoa [In reply to] Can't Post

"apparent death"? Has he disappeared or . . . ? Uncertainty about something like that makes it even worse, doesn't it?

I've lost a brother, so if you ever want to PM to talk . . .

and your kitty? [[[[[hugs]]]]]

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967
my blog: https://jodybower.com/myths-archetypes-in-film/

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jun 12, 7:12pm

Post #3 of 8 (419 views)
Shortcut
It's lovely to see you here. [In reply to] Can't Post

Pop in whenever you can - we've left you a chair in the reading nook. Smile

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 13, 1:07am

Post #4 of 8 (408 views)
Shortcut
*warm hug* [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow... I'm so happy to see you; but I'm alarmed for you and the news of your Brother! Oh my.... *more hugs* I'm glad you knew you could come here. I'm so sorry. How overwhelming... my prayers are with you in all you're going though. wow......

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 13, 4:38am

Post #5 of 8 (390 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back! [In reply to] Can't Post

My goodness, that's a lot to deal with! My condolences on your brother and your kitty. I hope you find peace and healing.

We are always happy to see you here when you can stop by. Smile

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

Jun 13, 12:33pm

Post #6 of 8 (365 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like a terrible stretch. Hopefully you're able to stick around and find a bit of comfort, or at least distraction, here.

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Fri, 1:10pm

Post #7 of 8 (295 views)
Shortcut
It's been a rough couple of months for sure. [In reply to] Can't Post

Some days I wonder if it will ever cease for just a little bit.

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Fri, 9:33pm

Post #8 of 8 (278 views)
Shortcut
*more hugs* [In reply to] Can't Post

I know there are days when it's an effort just to get up and try to keep moving; but I promise it will get better. Shift gears and just deal with what you have to at the moment on those days... and give yourself a break. :) Remember... Ice Cream helps!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.