Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
U.S. federal appeals court judge references FOTR in decision.

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Jun 10, 11:04pm

Post #1 of 3 (2220 views)
Shortcut
U.S. federal appeals court judge references FOTR in decision. Can't Post

One observer refers to the decision, much of which rests on how to interpret the numerator in a fraction, as "a dense and technical (but important!) Medicare opinion." I link to the decision in Forrest General Hospital v. Alex M. Azar II here, but I ask that you please don't comment on it, so as to avoid touching on TORN's politics prohibition (even though this is pretty dry material that, at a quick skim, appears to mention no names in the political news).

Judge Don R. Willett, opining for the panel, writes on p. 4: "One does not simply receive federal funding".

And then he footnotes to this: "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING (New Line Cinema 2001) ('One does not simply walk into Mordor.')."

Treachery, treachery I fear; treachery of that miserable creature.

But so it must be. Let us remember that a traitor may betray himself and do good that he does not intend.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Discuss Tolkien's life and works in the Reading Room!
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

Paulo Gabriel
Rivendell

Jun 11, 9:55am

Post #2 of 3 (2152 views)
Shortcut
That's a meme! [In reply to] Can't Post

Simply awesome...

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Jun 21, 9:48pm

Post #3 of 3 (1658 views)
Shortcut
Speaking of judges... [In reply to] Can't Post

I read a fair amount of commentary by a former Assistant U.S. Attorney now in private practice who also has a weekly podcast on the subject of national legal news (produced by the Los Angeles radio station KCRW). Today I chuckled at this:

"A judge does not take the bench early, nor does a judge take the bench late; a judge takes the bench precisely when the judge means to.

Except the day YOU'RE late. Then the judge is early."

Treachery, treachery I fear; treachery of that miserable creature.

But so it must be. Let us remember that a traitor may betray himself and do good that he does not intend.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Discuss Tolkien's life and works in the Reading Room!
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.