Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

May 24, 4:01pm

Post #1 of 30 (2730 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to Fiesta! Can't Post

Greetings, everyone! It's time for another Fiesta chat together about the past week, the upcoming weekend, or just about life in general.

This is a long weekend in the U.S., with Monday off for Memorial Day (can someone please explain *how* it go to be the end of May already!?). We had a few inches of snow *again* this week, and bur-r-r-y cold temperatures (right when I had folded up most of my turtleneck sweaters, but luckily hadn't actually put them away in a spare closet yet). However, right on cue for the long weekend, it's gloriously sunny outside and is forecast to warm up nicely over the next few day.

Fill up a plate at the buffet where a BBQ theme is distinctly noticeable (except for the desserts, of course - anyone know of any BBQ desserts?), order up your favorite drink at the bar. and enjoy Fiesta!

*kicks juke box* 'Crazy' by Patsy Cline starts to play

Happy, fun weekend, everyone!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 24, 4:34pm

Post #2 of 30 (2697 views)
Shortcut
I couldn't believe that weather report! [In reply to] Can't Post

Snow over much of the West, in May - like a "last hurrah" for that weather pattern!

*piles pulled pork on a bun* Barbecue is a great way to celebrate the warming weather. But tomorrow we'll be having strawberry shortcake! It's my Dad-in-law's 90th birthday, so all five of his kids plus us spouses are going to treat him and Mom to a nice luncheon out, then return to their house for that summery treat. He's starting to have some health issues, but he's not letting anything get him down! (And it helps that we kids are giving him full lawn care for his birthday present.) We're also giving him a "Boombox" - a box of photos from over the years and messages from kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids.

So do you have any parades or special events going on this weekend, Altaira?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Cirashala
Tol Eressea

May 24, 4:37pm

Post #3 of 30 (2703 views)
Shortcut
Juicy well-done steak, grilled asparagus, and grilled pineapple please :) [In reply to] Can't Post

With strawberry shortcake for dessert (a decadent summer dessert) Smile And a tall glass of ice-cold lemonade to round it out (must be hungry lol...because as soon as you said bbq my stomach started growling)...

We spend Wednesday night with my grandmother, who had cardiac ablation to correct a nasty arrythmia (heartbeat randomly started looping wrong and jumped pulse to almost 300 beats per minute-crazy! She kept nearly passing out). She wasn't allowed to be alone for 24 hours post-op, BUT at least they're able to go through the femoral artery in the leg to do so, so it's an outpatient procedure and she was able to come home that day.

She's doing well- a little tired, but well. But she forgot to mention (and I don't fault her, she was surprisingly lucid after anesthesia but still) that her bed was a sleep number, and since I was a dumbbell and forgot the air mattress until we pulled into her driveway (35 miles away, didn't want to leave her alone again for another 70 miles drive time) she slept in her recliner which was a good idea since it limited her moving around, and hubby and I crashed on her bed. Anyway, she had the bed pressure in the air chambers ratcheted up WAY high, and we didn't get much sleep with it feeling like a board.

Oh well- we're home now, and I fully intend on a nap today. But it was lovely to spend the day with her yesterday when hubby went to work (he works about halfway between her house and ours so it wasn't bad) and hopefully this surgery will correct her arrhythmia and she'll stop getting so tired, dizzy and short of breath (because her blood pressure, unlike most 78 year olds, is actually on the low side, not the high side, so when her arrhythmia kicked in it tanked). I am so thankful she can still live independently, as her faculties are just fine- she was just having trouble because she was getting tired and dizzy and short of breath whenever she tried to do anything. And she has one of those alert necklaces now, and is keeping it and her smartphone with her in case she ends up with any complications.

So...eat time, nap time, and once I'm more "with it" I need to resume packing, as we're moving to our 5 acres in 18 days!!!

Maybe I will make myself some real, non-cyber lemonade...I can't tolerate caffeine in any form, and energy drinks either, so maybe that will help me wake up a bit more.

Any other anti-fatigue tips would be greatly appreciated!

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 24, 4:54pm

Post #4 of 30 (2690 views)
Shortcut
*passes bowl of strawberries for shortcake* [In reply to] Can't Post

What a thing to go through, all of you! I know of others who've had that procedure, it's amazing how well it works and how uninvasive it is. Prayers that things keep going well for your grandmother!

So...have you sold the house yet? Or, any nibbles? Best of wishes for the packing up, this is an exciting time for you all! Smile

As for the fatigue...nothing beats a good nap, and plenty of fluids. Cool

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 24, 5:01pm

Post #5 of 30 (2693 views)
Shortcut
I wondered if you got snowed on... [In reply to] Can't Post

Isn't this the craziest weather? I pray for all the people affected by the constant hammering of tornadoes and flooding through the entire mid-US from Texas to Chicago. So much damage and sadness. I've been very lucky here in mid-Michigan.

I have no plans for the weekend except on Memorial Day on Monday. My daughter and I are going to another HUGE flea market about 40 miles away. It makes the one I went to last week look like a serious yard sale. This one is nearly double the size and has a classic car area where many of them are for sale.

I had a busy few days while I finally catalogued my dvd collection for insurance coverage proof. I had more than I thought! There are 48 Tolkien/LotR/Hobbit dvds and still a few VHS (for posterity). That count along with my standard collection totals 938! I emailed the list to myself where it safely sits in case something happens to my computers (fire/flooding/theft). I've done this with lists of my collectibles, books, CDs, antiques, electronics, and tools. Now I've got to give the lists to my lawyer to put with my trust fund. The hard part is delegating who gets what! It feels good to get this done. I've been threatening to do it for the past few years!

*grabs some bbq ribs, pop, and grilled angel food cake with fruit* Thanks lots for taking such great care of us, Altaira! Have a great weekend everyone!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 24, 5:11pm

Post #6 of 30 (2689 views)
Shortcut
What a great celebration :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so glad he's well enough to enjoy all of you and the party! :D It's as much for all of you as it is for him to spend this special time together. And what GREAT gifts! The lawn care is perfect, and the boombox I'm sure he'll (they both) will enjoy over and over :)

Did you get hit with that storm yesterday/today? My Balti daughter texted that they were getting hammered and she was loving it! She fancies herself a mini-Thor and has always loved thunderstorms and tornadoes. Her husband even got her a Thor helm and hammer last year at the beginning of the storm season last spring. ;) She couldn't wait to get home and arm herself properly for the onslaught!

Have a great weekend, m'dear!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 24, 5:14pm

Post #7 of 30 (2689 views)
Shortcut
HOW many DVDs? [In reply to] Can't Post

Great elephants, gramma, that's not a collection, it's your own Blockbuster branch! Laugh

That's something everyone really should do: catalog the "collections". It's a surprise, when you start doing it, how much is there! (Our book collection constantly propagates, no matter how much we keep weeding it...Angelic)

And of course, browsing flea markets makes updating those lists necessary! Have a wonderful time with your daughter. Smile

Grilled angel food cake??? Okay, there's a new thing to try! Does it need to "dry out" or be "stale" first?

Cirashala
Tol Eressea

May 24, 5:16pm

Post #8 of 30 (2692 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Dernwyn :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, yes and no. Technically a house is "sold" when it goes under contract (meaning offer has been made and accepted). So we "sold" our house in 5 days back on April 28th.

But we're still in the "pending" phase right now. Inspections and appraisal have been done; now all that's left is for the title company to get all pertinent paperwork from our mortgager (USDA Rural Development, which is notoriously slow...) and their mortgager/lender to the title company, and the paperwork from our new mortgager/lender for the land to the title company, and anything else (tax documents, etc) they need for closing.

So we're set to close on BOTH the house we're selling and the land we're buying on June 11. The title company is the same one, which means that we can do it on the same day, which is the best case scenario since we have 10 chickens and can't exactly bring them to a hotel with us...

We're going to live in a 30 foot rv travel trailer while we build our house (ourselves, grew up in construction) with my kids, and we've already gotten a rent-to-own hickory shed for the chickens so they can stay in there for a few days while we figure out where we're putting all the buildings (need to stake them out, as well as mandatory easements, to make sure they're in the right spots) and build their run. That shed is on skids, so can be moved, and will be moved from our driveway where it sits now to the property as soon as the papers are signed. We're also renting a 40' shipping container to use as an on-site storage unit for our things and also to lock away our tools each night, and that will be delivered that day as well (hopefully-we can always keep the truck an extra day or two just in case it's delayed for whatever reason).

The biggest thing I need to worry about now is cleaning out my current, staying-on-property permanent shed to remove all the chicken poop (as it's the current coop) and finish getting the rest of it out of the run as well, and packing everything else up, and figuring out how we can get the rv as soon as possible. Apparently when you buy an rv they keep it for a few days to go through and make sure everything is working and clean, etc, but we can't buy it til we close or our mortgage loan officer will have to redo all the paperwork (because it affects our debt-to-income ratio, which is totally fine but he still needs to redo it to reflect it), so we may end up just camping on the property until the rv is delivered, or putting the chickens there and staying with family, and just driving up there every day to tend them and work on staking until the rv gets there.

I'd really prefer to be onsite with them, but the shed is sturdy and it's recommended to keep them inside for at least 3 days so they realize that's "home" before letting them out. BUT...we have coyotes, raccoons, foxes, birds of prey, and technically also bears and cougars (BUT the land and all the farms around it are cleared, which tends to discourage the really big guys-cougar and bear- from venturing that far away from the treed lots about 400 yards away, and the future neighbor said she's only ever seen coyotes in her 16 years of living there so we may be all right there), so we can't let them free range unsupervised. Plus, the neighbor has a german shepherd dog, and they only have a wire fence that the dog easily slips under like it's not even there, and I don't want him to get any ideas about a chicken lunch either (we'll be adding woven wire and electric fencing, either on that common fence or do one just inside it so he can't get in easily).

So my birds may need to be confined to a really large, but predator-secure run unless we're with them to keep them safe.

Either way, hubby's not overly keen on the idea of camping out on the property, and if we end up with a thunderstorm I will be inclined to agree (I love camping but not in a t-storm, and I know the girls will freak out). So I'm going to talk to the dealership and see if we can't arrange for a "picked one, cleaned and tuned up but not signing til closing" scenario so we can get it the same day. It's worth asking...and what do they have to lose? If we end up backing out, it's all ready to go for another client (at least in their minds, as we won't back out unless something's broken and they can't fix it).

So fingers crossed and praying we can get the rv place to agree to that Smile

Nap and fluids- got it!

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

Cirashala
Tol Eressea

May 24, 5:18pm

Post #9 of 30 (2689 views)
Shortcut
You have 48 copies of TH/LOTR films?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Why???

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

Happy reading everyone!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 24, 5:19pm

Post #10 of 30 (2688 views)
Shortcut
I'm so glad she's on the mend! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's so scary; but it sounds like she's responding very well and had the right treatment immediately! My Mom had to deal with that, too. She responded well to treatment the 2-3 times she had episodes. I'm so glad you grandmother is able to live on her own. She sounds like she comes from a hearty stock :)

Good luck on your packing! I know it seems endless; but you're finally able to fulfill a dream :D Take care!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 24, 5:20pm

Post #11 of 30 (2683 views)
Shortcut
Thor-ina! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thunderstorms are fascinating, that's great that she loves them! I turn on the lightning-strike website to watch the local action.

Unfortunately, those storms passed us, mostly on the south side, some north - but the ones headed towards us fizzled out to mere showers. Have you heard thunder-snow? We seems to be getting more of that each winter.

I've got family in the areas of those tornadoes, and I know they all know how to take care of themselves, but I do get nervous, and feel so badly for those who've been affected by them. Unsure

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

May 24, 5:34pm

Post #12 of 30 (2680 views)
Shortcut
What lovely presents [In reply to] Can't Post

The Boombox sounds awesome. What a great way to celebrate such a long and full life.

No parades that I know of. We'll be out in the yard, and I may also take advantage of the Memorial day sales do some online shopping. We bought a new kitchen sink to put in, but need a faucet.

Enjoy the birthday events and the rest of your weekend!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 24, 5:35pm

Post #13 of 30 (2681 views)
Shortcut
I'm constantly updating [In reply to] Can't Post

Either adding to or taking away from; but I've just gotta keep at it. The sad part is when I'm standing in front of that 10-shelf floor to ceiling x 4.5' wide stack of movies and can't find anything to watch! *shakes head* ;)

I just throw the slice/wedge of cake straight on the grill and get it toasted. Yeah some of it sticks, but the crusty parts are so yummy with fresh strawberries (like for shortcake).

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Cirashala
Tol Eressea

May 24, 5:35pm

Post #14 of 30 (2693 views)
Shortcut
Not as endless as you would have! [In reply to] Can't Post

938 collectibles...I have I think 10 pair of shoes and that includes rollerblades, combat boots and slippers...I'd hate to pack your house!!! Shocked (But I imagine your collection is AMAZING Wink).

It wasn't immediate...but that's what happens when you're on medicare and your doctors keep leaving the industry or going here or moving there. She's been dealing with the arrhythmia for at least a year, if not longer, and only just now got the necessary treatment (one doctor told her to take blood pressure meds to lower it- um, when you BP is only 110/70-something and drops much lower during an episode, you do NOT want to lower it further...moron Crazy).

Ahem...anyway, not too happy with her medical care these past couple years, and neither is she- but when those are the only docs you have at your disposal and the rare good ones are backed up to the nines, you do what you gotta do.

She does- my great-grandmother lived in an accessory dwelling house on the same property as my great-uncle until she passed at 94. She got to be harder of hearing and had some mobility issues (walker, walk very slow and short distances, etc), but her faculties remained completely intact. Her son was on site to help if needed, but she could still drive and do her shopping (she did grocery pickup and he helped unload it), and go get her hair done and bathe herself and do her own laundry, etc until the day she passed in her sleep. And fortunately, my grandma had been visiting her when she did, so she was not alone and my grandma got to say goodbye. My grandma had gotten up first (due to the house only being 400 square feet she just bunked with my great-grandma) and was drinking coffee on the porch and a rainbow suddenly shone in the sky, and she had gone back in and my great-grandma had passed. My grandma just knew she had gone to heaven when that rainbow shone, and it is a comforting thought Evil

If the time comes where my grandmother needs a little extra help like he gave my great-grandma, then she knows she's welcome to join us. We only have 5 acres and because we're over the aquifer, we can't have a separate accessory on less than 10 acres (because it requires its own septic), BUT we can add a mother-in-law suite onto our house and she can share the same tank that way (our lot allows for duplexes or MIL suites as long as they're attached to the main dwelling and use the same tank). Or she could sell her house and get a 5th wheel, but she's not quite ready to part with all her lovely things yet (she'll need some SERIOUS downsizing stuff-wise. It's all neat and organized but she's got a bazillion pretty and breakable things).

We'll see. There's another 5 acre parcel behind us that is under contract as well, and maybe if we can come up with enough cash to persuade it, we can buy that one when it comes and she can live there. I don't know...we're not there yet so we'll handle it when and if that time comes.

Yes it is a lot- the process is SO stressful it's ridiculous Crazy This walk-through, that walk-through-I've discovered I HATE strangers walking through my house Unimpressed This paper to sign, that paper to sign- honestly? I've moved 28 times (this will be the 29th and hopefully the last) since I was born, and the packing is the least of my worries...I've already got a substantial part of the house itself packed for the staging for showings, so finishing the inside will only take me a couple days I think. It's the garage and shed storage that I am not looking forward to (mostly canning jars...lots of them, which is good-except when they need packing). And scraping chicken poop off parts of the shed when the stinkers escaped out of their part of it and pooped on the counters in there Crazy Oh well- nothing a paint scraper and a little bleach won't cure, but I've got to get our bicycles and all the canning jars in the cabinets out of there (and the birds) before I can clean it all up. Probably do it this weekend with hubby's help.

You as well gramma!

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

Happy reading everyone!

(This post was edited by Ataahua on May 24, 10:14pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 24, 5:39pm

Post #15 of 30 (2682 views)
Shortcut
*snigger* [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been collecting for years. Plus, there have been several editions of LotR films (including Bakshi/Rankin Bass/VeggieTales!), documentaries, music, etc. I buy most of my dvds after they've been out for a while and the price has come down. I also figure if I'm going to rent something more than once, I may as well buy it. ;)

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Cirashala
Tol Eressea

May 24, 5:41pm

Post #16 of 30 (2683 views)
Shortcut
I can see that logic [In reply to] Can't Post

It's hard to believe 48 films dedicated in some way shape or fashion to Tolkien's work have been created. It's a testament to the author's genius and skill and the imagination that he sparks within us all Smile

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

Happy reading everyone!

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

May 24, 5:43pm

Post #17 of 30 (2678 views)
Shortcut
We had two of those this week! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love this time of year with all the yummy asparagus in season.
How good of you to take such good care of your grandmother. Smile It sounds like she'll be fine after a little rest. Speaking of rest, I think you're on the right track with an icy-cold drink and a nap. That should help you energy level perfectly.

Have a great weekend!

Cirashala
Tol Eressea

May 24, 5:47pm

Post #18 of 30 (2672 views)
Shortcut
You too Altaira! // [In reply to] Can't Post

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

Happy reading everyone!

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

May 24, 5:50pm

Post #19 of 30 (2679 views)
Shortcut
Flea market! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's so easy to lose track of time in those, isn't it? Are you looking for something special, or something you dearly need but just don't know about yet?

Wow! tha's a huge DVD collection! 48 Tolkien related ones too. That must have taken a while to do, but what a great idea to email yourself a list. I email myself links if I'm going to be away, for the internet sites I have bookmarked and might need. It works great!
Have fun at the flea market. Be sure to enjoy a funnel cake, fresh lemonade or some BBQ while you're there!

Annael
Immortal

May 24, 7:18pm

Post #20 of 30 (2669 views)
Shortcut
Misty moisty morning in the PNW [In reply to] Can't Post

So I'll have an Angel Mist.

I'm back from my travels in the red rock country (we left Grand Junction the day before the snow hit Colorado - our weather was lovely, mostly sunny & not too hot). It had rained in Washington while we were gone and the weeds were running wild, but my bro and sis-in-law came over a couple of days ago and helped me weed. Three people get about six times the amount of work done, as I've often observed, so now the garden is back to manageable for me.

I also got in a hike with my women's hiking group this week. Almost everyone we saw on the trail was female, with the exception of one male solo hiker and some couples. On our way done we passed a group of four young, very athletic-looking women, one of whom was toting a baseball bat; when we asked her why, she said "just in case someone tries to make trouble for us." We understood; ;that particular trail is a bit notorious for 1. a woman being shot on it many years ago (everyone thinks it was her husband, but there's been no proof) and 2. a solo woman hiker disappearing without a trace last year. There's a sign at the trailhead describing everything she was wearing, just in case people come across something. Sad state of affairs, but obviously there's a lot of us who refuse to be scared off.

We met those young women halfway down a steep, rocky, & muddy trail that we were picking our way cautiously over. They were going up - but appeared in the parking lot less than 10 minutes after we got there! One of my party said "oh, they must have turned around when it started raining." I said "sure, let's believe that, instead of thinking those young, fit women could hike three miles in the time it took us to go half that distance." Wink

We are doing nothing at all for the long weekend, except maybe taking in a couple of movies. I've got the first of the new "The Name of the Rose" recorded for watching as well. Hope it's good. I liked the earlier movie, but I never felt like they did justice to the library.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around Ö The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967
my blog: https://jodybower.com/myths-archetypes-in-film/

cats16
Valinor

May 24, 7:33pm

Post #21 of 30 (2663 views)
Shortcut
I Came in Like a Wrecking Ball [In reply to] Can't Post

Er, well, the construction crew outside of my apartment did, that is! At 6:45am for the past three mornings. It didn't bother me at first, but I have today off and did not appreciate the early wake-up call. I suppose this will get me out of the house more today. Crazy

Probably going to LACMA (LA County Museum of Art) later, as it's free for county residents after 3pm. Beautiful sunny weather here, so my sympathies with the 'sibs in tornado/blizzard/rain country.

My girlfriend is on vacation with her family, so I'm having a 'me' weekend. I'll be seeing the movie Booksmart Sunday night. Missed the Tolkien movie, so I'll have to catch it on streaming eventually.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

May 24, 9:48pm

Post #22 of 30 (2635 views)
Shortcut
That is a *great* present. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
(And it helps that we kids are giving him full lawn care for his birthday present.)

I bet he'll love that!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 25, 12:35am

Post #23 of 30 (2631 views)
Shortcut
I'm looking for some of Sam's rope [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm going to finish my eagle-repelling rope project in my dog Pickle's pen. I'm also looking for a push grass cutter/mower. One of those rotating blade no motor mowers. Again, for Pickle's pen ;) Mostly I just look and hunt for treasures. Last week, I found a hand-carved wooden Wizard's head nut cracker. Very rustic and chunky/sturdy, but it definitely made me think of Gandalf! :D

One of the greatest treasures I found was a 1.5 x 2 foot wooden box with a lift lid and lost of old hookups for wiring and knobs, etc. You open it and there's a glass shelf (like a scanner) and some photography equipment inside below the glass. The vendor explained to me that it was used in the field during WWII to process photographs taken during battles or movements so they could be transported to the front line. *gulp* I was getting it for the well-worn wooden box; but am keeping it safe. My dad was a Marine in active duty in the South Pacific Island under fire. I paid $10 for it.

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

May 25, 4:46am

Post #24 of 30 (2570 views)
Shortcut
Refill on my red wine? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing fancy -- box wine is what I have. And I think you can grill slices of pound cake and chunks of fruit to make dessert. Or just have s'mores.

Storms in eastern Iowa this morning, though I missed it because my classroom is in the basement and has no windows. Beautiful and sunny this afternoon, and then a tornado warning in the evening. All is quiet again now. A good weekend to all!

Where's Frodo?

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 25, 12:03pm

Post #25 of 30 (2557 views)
Shortcut
Welcome home! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so glad the weather was good for your hiking. You really get the full joy when you're not fighting the elements. Although, that trail sounds WAY busy! But if it's that notorious, maybe the numbers helps everyone stay safe.

I just heard on the news about the woman lost in the wood in Hawaii 2 weeks ago (May 8) was just found alive. The search discontinued after 3 days, but family and friends kept looking. They finally spotted her from a helicopter... unable to walk from weakness and very thin; but otherwise in as good of shape as you could hope for! How wonderful!

WEEDS! I've been working on mine, too. I've got a LOT of landscaping to do. Just basic stuff, but weeding always seems to be part of the agenda, right? ;)

I hope you have a restful weekend, but still with fun things to do :)

sample

TIME Google Calendar

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.