Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
**20FD Ever wonder how Peter Jackson contacts TORn?

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 5, 10:49pm

Post #1 of 4 (1571 views)
Shortcut
**20FD Ever wonder how Peter Jackson contacts TORn? Can't Post

Here's a little story of how Peter likes to collaborate with TORn...

DragonCon 2007: Saturday, September 1, 2007

During TORn's presentation at the Making The Hobbit Happen Panel, Calisuri shared a great story about how Peter Jackson would communicate with our Admins. This story is from my transcribed notes during the presentation, so it's not verbatim, but it was just too fun not to share :)

[Calisuri]: 'We wake up one morning and have a letter from Peter Jackson in our inbox... which is usually how he communicates with us... Like random BOMBS just DROPPING on us! No warning or planning or anything... just a real quick aside. It's about the KongIsKing.net website. He told us 2 days before he wanted to publish a video. He was, like...'

[Calisuri as Peter]: 'Hey! You guys wanna make a website?'

[Calisuri]: 'We're like....'Sure!'

[Calisuri as Peter]: 'Yeah... I'll give you videos every week...'

[Corvar]: '...on Tuesday...'

[Calisuri as Peter]: 'Yeah...on Tuesday. And the first one is coming... Tuesday... '

[Calisuri]: 'We're like... oh! Okay!'

[Calisuri as Peter]: 'So let's make a website!'

[Calisuri]: 'Sure!'

'So within 2 days we put up this Kong Is King website and he starts sending us production diaries. So that's how you get stuff from Peter Jackson.'

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

CuriousG
Half-elven

May 5, 11:26pm

Post #2 of 4 (1534 views)
Shortcut
Honestly, I have been curious about that--thanks for shedding some light on it. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Morthoron
Gondor

May 7, 3:43am

Post #3 of 4 (1485 views)
Shortcut
And here I thought all along.... [In reply to] Can't Post

it was by palantir. Talk about wrecking the immersion! Wink

Please visit my blog...The Dark Elf File...a slighty skewed journal of music and literary comment, fan-fiction and interminable essays.

VeArkenstone
Lorien

May 8, 5:53pm

Post #4 of 4 (1440 views)
Shortcut
The "Guests" [In reply to] Can't Post

Who are The Guests? Why are there so many of them and so few of us? How do I become one?

Please, call me Ve.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.