Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
**20FD Publications and Film-work by TheOneRing.net

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 2, 4:39pm

Post #1 of 3 (1560 views)
Shortcut
**20FD Publications and Film-work by TheOneRing.net Can't Post

The People's Guide is written by five contributing writers of TheOneRing.net -- the leading fan website devoted to Tolkien, his books, his lore, the New Line Cinema movies, and the fan community that centers on Middle-earth. TheOneRing.net has always been distinguished by the quality.

The Peoples Guide to J.R.R. Tolkien ~ 2/26/2003
"]TORN's Own Book: The People's Guide to J.R.R. Tolkien by TheOneRing.net is a guide written by five major contributors to TORn for people who love Middle-earth.

More People's Guide to J.R.R. Tolkien ~ 11/16/2004 by TheOneRing.net is the second (companion) guide written by the people of TORn for people who love Middle-earth.

We need to make another edition for 20th Anniversary!!!! :D

Ringers: Lord of the Fans DVD ~ 11/22/2005

J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: Scholarship and Critical Assessment ~ 10/10/2006
While not published by TheOneRing.net, 12 TORn members contributed to its content.

The Hobbit – A Tribute to the Unexpected Prequel to The Lord of the Rings (Collector's Edition) magazine ~ November/December 2012 - TheOneRing.net members contributed to a collectible magazine.

TORn Magazine Cover 10/11/2012

This is TheOneRing.net’s premier magazine tribute to The Hobbit! A collaborative effort between Topix Media Lab and your sibs here at TheOneRing.net. Displayed on for sale 11/17/2012, it covers everything you need to know about The Hobbit movies from a fan perspective. Side-bars and feature articles, contributed by our own volunteer staff, include interviews, a feature on book vs. the movie, articles on games and collectibles, a Middle-earth timeline, and much more! The high-quality, glossy paper is also packed with colorful pictures of cast and crew members, locations, collectibles, gorgeous fan art and a few exclusives! One thing that makes this truly a collector’s edition is that there are only two ads in the entire 82-page magazine.

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by Eledhwen on May 4, 12:56pm)

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

May 4, 2:32am

Post #2 of 3 (1526 views)
Shortcut
A note on the "J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia". [In reply to] Can't Post

Just so there's no confusion: that 2006 work was not published by TORN, but among its 137 contributors were twelve people who at the time were regular participants here:

Arquen
dna
drogo [R.I.P.]
Entwife Wandlimb
Inferno
Modtheow
N.E. Brigand
NZ Strider
Penthe
Pukel-man
squire
weaver [R.I.P.]

Most of those participants set up a group to review one another's drafts and offer suggestions. Also contributing articles and receiving feedback from that group, as I recall, were dna's brother and Modtheow's student. Another prolific contributor to the Encyclopedia later posted here for a few years as visualweasel. One or two others have posted on TORN from time to time.

Treachery, treachery I fear; treachery of that miserable creature.

But so it must be. Let us remember that a traitor may betray himself and do good that he does not intend.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Discuss Tolkien's life and works in the Reading Room!
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 4, 12:20pm

Post #3 of 3 (1500 views)
Shortcut
Thank you!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

This is great! I was looking for the details on it, but time and expedience aren't kind sometimes. You're right, I make it look like we published it. I'll fix my notes and make that clear. I finally got my copy a while ago. It's fantastic!
Thanks again!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.