Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
**20FD Tolkien's Twitter!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26, 10:21am

Post #1 of 9 (2542 views)
Shortcut
**20FD Tolkien's Twitter! Can't Post

This was inspired by Amazon's "Lord of the Rings on Prime" twitter account. Would the dear Professor be horrified? Or find it a useful communication tool?

So let's be anachronistic and suppose Professor Tolkien did have a twitter account, back in the days when he was teaching and writing The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings and the bits and pieces of his Legendarium! What would some of his tweets be?

"Grading exams getting tedious. Jotted down odd word, 'hobbit', on blank page. No idea what it is, must consult OED."

"Told boys the Riddle Game part of "Hobbit" last night. Had to chastise John for blurting out answers too soon, not giving brothers a chance at it."

Use the subject line to post your responses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Apr 26, 3:00pm

Post #2 of 9 (2494 views)
Shortcut
Found Edith's garden gnome wandering about with its hand in its pocket, [In reply to] Can't Post

looking for a way out under the hedge.
@jrrberen

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 26, 6:35pm

Post #3 of 9 (2475 views)
Shortcut
"Brexit? Don't you remember what happened to the Númenóreans when they voted for #Vali-noWay! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Solicitr
Rohan

Apr 26, 6:53pm

Post #4 of 9 (2474 views)
Shortcut
Ca. 1971 [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm rich! Bloody hell, now I really regret selling the movie rights.

(This post was edited by Solicitr on Apr 26, 6:54pm)

Greenwood Hobbit
Grey Havens

Apr 26, 8:26pm

Post #5 of 9 (2458 views)
Shortcut
Having had only the best of intentions, it appears that - as well as earthy Hobbits and elegant Elves I have created a monster. A plethora of monsters, in fact. Mea culpa. Eheu... [In reply to] Can't Post

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Apr 27, 3:58pm

Post #6 of 9 (2437 views)
Shortcut
It's Gollum. He's been following me for three days./ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

CuriousG
Half-elven

Apr 29, 1:16pm

Post #7 of 9 (2346 views)
Shortcut
Had tweet war with CS Lewis this morning. So mad, threw out my Narnia books. #Made peace #Digging through trash // [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 1, 3:19am

Post #8 of 9 (2303 views)
Shortcut
Enduring desolation of home repairs by workers. Quandary of finding trolls' names solved. [In reply to] Can't Post

btw... this was my first tweet :)

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on May 1, 3:28am)

CuriousG
Half-elven

May 1, 10:29am

Post #9 of 9 (2271 views)
Shortcut
and it has my totally LOL! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.