Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Missing rings!

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 25, 6:22pm

Post #1 of 8 (887 views)
Shortcut
Missing rings! Can't Post

Various gif/png (even user avatars) on the TORn website are missing from both my version of Google Chrome on my laptop and on my phone:

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Is it just my end?

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Apr 25, 6:23pm)

Starling
Half-elven

Apr 25, 8:18pm

Post #2 of 8 (857 views)
Shortcut
It's because [In reply to] Can't Post

you dissed the internet in your recent thread! Shocked

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 26, 6:23pm

Post #3 of 8 (768 views)
Shortcut
Is that how it works? [In reply to] Can't Post

If I be kind to the internet, will it help me win millions on online gambling?!

Starling
Half-elven

Apr 26, 9:01pm

Post #4 of 8 (757 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

As long as you publicly post your bank account details along with a cat video.

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Apr 26, 9:33pm

Post #5 of 8 (747 views)
Shortcut
How about a guinea pig gif, and a photo of what's in my change purse? [In reply to] Can't Post

There should be a sliding scale for what the Internet Pantheon requires of us.

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 28, 6:11pm

Post #6 of 8 (711 views)
Shortcut
Next you'll be telling me you're a Nigerian Prince and need help getting money out of the country! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 28, 7:13pm

Post #7 of 8 (712 views)
Shortcut
It looks like the pages just didn't load completely [In reply to] Can't Post

That happens to me sometimes on various sites while perusing the internet. It can be caused either on the user's end by a suddenly slow connection, or on the site's end if there's high traffic. I recommend 1) reloading the page, 2) if that doesn't work do a 'hard refresh' (google how to do it on your device, 3) if 1 or 2 don't work, clear your recent cache and repeat steps 1 and/or 2.
Then again, if the internet is just a luxury, does it really matter? *ducks* Angelic

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 28, 7:18pm

Post #8 of 8 (709 views)
Shortcut
You're magical, Altaira. [In reply to] Can't Post

I *literally* just read your post, and everything is back to normal (on my laptop browser). Spooky.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.