Welcome to Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Apr 6 2019, 10:30am

Post #26 of 35 (496 views)
Shortcut
Soap? Argh! [In reply to] Can't Post

never mind the breath, I'd be more worried about what came out the other end. He'd be blowing bubbles, but not in a good way! The ears remind me a little of an old South African recipe for 'koeksisters'. Plaited dough plunged into hot fat to cook, then dunked into cold lemon and ginger syrup. A sugar and fat nightmare, but oh so good...

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 6 2019, 1:32pm

Post #27 of 35 (492 views)
Shortcut
Not So Great Wasps [In reply to] Can't Post

OW!! I'm glad you're not allergic to their sting, but GEEZ it burns and hurts. To get hit twice while you're out and away from ice cubes, etc. is horrible. Ow... That's just not right.

April Fools brings out the creativity in the best ways. One year, I took some long rubber bands and laced them together to make one long strand. I wrapped one end around the wheels of my boss's chair and the other under the desk so it held the chair in its parking spot. Every time he tried to pull out the chair, it snapped back into place ;) When he tried to call me on the phone (knowing who the culprit was), he picked up the whole thing cuz I taped the handle into place. He was always nice to me after that.

I hope you enjoy the fall colours and get some wonderful pics :)

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Annael
Immortal

Apr 6 2019, 2:37pm

Post #28 of 35 (484 views)
Shortcut
they are! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a little brown nodule on the top of one foot from when a wasp lit on it and stung me for NO REASON. Insult on top of injury! It's a weird kind of keloid that can result from a sting, apparently. (I contemplate getting a tattoo - like making it the center of a flower).

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967
my blog: https://jodybower.com/myths-archetypes-in-film/

Annael
Immortal

Apr 6 2019, 2:42pm

Post #29 of 35 (487 views)
Shortcut
We're having April showers [In reply to] Can't Post

much needed after the driest, warmest March on record (which followed the coldest, snowiest February on record . . . we have NO idea what our weather is going to be like, any more!).

Weekend plans are helping my dad set up his new computer and packing! I'm off next week to the Methow Valley in the North Cascades for a writing retreat some of the time; the rest of the time will be hiking & hanging with one of my besties who lives there. We are going to try wet-felting landscape scenes. I've never done it, but I've been watching youtube videos on it. Have all the supplies ready.

Then the week after that, it's off to New York where I'll be meeting up with some TORNadoes for the Tolkien exhibit at the Morgan! And also seeing "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" with my niece, as well as going to Ellis Island & the Statue of Liberty (never been!), walking the Hi Line, having high tea, and otherwise nonstop touristing.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 7 2019, 1:55am

Post #30 of 35 (456 views)
Shortcut
*takes notes* [In reply to] Can't Post

I must remember that rubber band trick...Evil !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 7 2019, 2:00am

Post #31 of 35 (454 views)
Shortcut
Not nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

Not nice at all, precious! I wonder if there's any repellant to keep the nassty wasps away? (Or kill them...)

Love the idea of "not so great walks"! They really should set those up, what an adventure some of them could be. Tongue

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 7 2019, 2:04am

Post #32 of 35 (454 views)
Shortcut
The Harry Potter play! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've heard it's excellent. I've never been to the Statue of Liberty, but Ellis Island is fascinating. If you have an ancestor who came through there, search for their name inscribed on the Wall of Honor!

The Friday Moot is getting closer...we'll all have to work out, where to meet up initially.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 7 2019, 1:07pm

Post #33 of 35 (421 views)
Shortcut
Wow! What a great set of plans :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Any one of those would be great... but this is going to be covering ALL interests and ALL friendships!! I hope you have a wonderful time with each and every plan :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Annael
Immortal

Apr 26 2019, 2:30pm

Post #34 of 35 (306 views)
Shortcut
at choir [In reply to] Can't Post

on April Fools day, the guy whose turn it was to bring treats put out a tray of chopped raw onion, with toothpicks.

(The real treats came out later.)

-- Gaston Bachelard

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2019, 2:38pm

Post #35 of 35 (304 views)
Shortcut
LOL! I must remember that! // [In reply to] Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.