The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project - Marquette University

WonderBroad
Lorien

Mar 25 2019, 4:33am

Post #1 of 4 (1528 views)
Shortcut
Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project - Marquette University Can't Post

If you are interested in adding your voice to this fandom project, check out this video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/sehk1mq1Xmk

I participated in this at a recent Mythcon, and part of my comments (from 2:03 - 2:16) can be heard in the video.

Marquette University archivist Bill Fliss is hoping to gather 6,000 oral histories from fans, so click on the link below the video to find out how you can be a part of the project, if you're interested.

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Mar 25 2019, 10:27am)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 25 2019, 10:29am

Post #2 of 4 (1490 views)
Shortcut
Fascinating! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the link, WB (I made it "clickable")!

I think we might have a few folks here, who'd like to share their own stories...Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

WonderBroad
Lorien

Mar 26 2019, 8:26pm

Post #3 of 4 (1456 views)
Shortcut
It's worth three minutes of your time [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I imagine so! I hope folks here will participate.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 27 2019, 10:38am

Post #4 of 4 (1375 views)
Shortcut
I remember doing a short commentary [In reply to] Can't Post

When Jackson was fighting to get The Hobbit made, there was a collection of videos in support of him. I discovered I'm not too good at figuring out how to get at this, but I'll definitely give it a hobbity try :D I liked your segment!!! You've inspired me!

THANKS!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.