Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
The Battle for Middle-earth, The Age of the Ring

MattAlexi

Mar 5 2019, 3:57am

Post #1 of 2 (2340 views)
Shortcut
The Battle for Middle-earth, The Age of the Ring Can't Post

G'day ToR, I'd like to present a video game modification for the Battle for Middle-earth. If you'd like to try out the game I recommend getting patches from the guide at T3A:Online which fixes Windows 10 compatibility and returns online play, plus there are the recent HD Editions. I'm part of The Age of the Ring modding team, you can get this modification for the game from ModDB. In the next few months, we'll be releasing the next version which contains the stuff below.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-horse-lords-a-total-modification-for-bfme

I'd like to know what the people of this community think of the art and gameplay of this modification. For the last couple of years I've been part of it. There's plenty more art that I'd like to share if people are interested.

Túrin Turambar
From the Rivendell Hall of Fire, players can summon a vivid retelling of the Fate of Túrin Turambar.

Mountain Orcs
A broad, stocky breed of orc, native to the harsh, craggy peaks of the Misty Mountains. Players build allegiances and can summon orcs, trolls and worse from Goblin-town, Gundabad, the Northern Wastes and Ruins of Angmar.

Erkenbrand's Westfolders
Summoned by Erekenbrand and his Horn of the Westfold, these heavy elite soldiers can be ordered to march forth to turn the tide of battle and when engaging to form a shield wall.

Breelanders and Hobbits, led by Dunedain
The peoples of Eriador are early game soldiers for Rivendell and Eriador. They set up camps and markets near the Rivendell player's base. Which is a...

Rivendell Conservatorium
Unlike the Men of Gondor, whose base starts with a fortress, or like their kin in Lothlorien, who grow a forest of Mallorn trees, the Rivendell player starts with a conservatorium, a music college. The player can summon musicians and revellers to help liven spirits in the base, and can upgrade their halls with an outside forge, an observatory and gardens too.

I was the lead designer for this structure, working from what we saw in the movies and some of my own inspiration from Tolkien's work. It was a joy to create: concept drawing, 3d modelling, texturing in Photoshop; even the animated damaged model is beautiful.

Thanks for reading!

(This post was edited by Altaira on Mar 6 2019, 7:41pm)

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Mar 6 2019, 7:44pm

Post #2 of 2 (2080 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORn! [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings, MattAlexi! Very nice looking artwork there. I did re-size the pics as they were too large according to our posting guidelines which you can find in the FAQ on our Welcome Board. These seem like they'll be great updates for any players of the Battle for Middle-earth here. Thanks for letting us know.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.