Post #1 of 14 (13859 views)
Shortcut
Caption Contest CXX Can't Post

So...what are these two lovebirds thinking right now? Tongue

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Feb 21 2019, 7:06pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Feb 21 2019, 7:07pm

Post #2 of 14 (13797 views)
Shortcut
Legolas did everything Bolg did, only backwards, and in high heels. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Character is what we do on the internet when we think no one knows who we are.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 21 2019, 7:09pm

Post #3 of 14 (13801 views)
Shortcut
:D / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 22 2019, 7:27pm

Post #4 of 14 (13763 views)
Shortcut
Tickle-fight! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Feb 22 2019, 9:37pm

Post #5 of 14 (13752 views)
Shortcut
Tell me right now - what does Tauriel got that I ain't got? [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean, besides that long, red hair? She's into Kili, you know....

Fereth
Rivendell

Feb 23 2019, 12:22am

Post #6 of 14 (13764 views)
Shortcut
. [In reply to] Can't Post

Legolas: "So Bolg, have you got the One Ring in your trousers, or are you just glad to see me?"

Bolg: "The One Ring? That wouldn't be very big- HEY!"

(Tauriel shouting in the distance): "Or nothing!"

(This post was edited by Fereth on Feb 23 2019, 12:22am)

Cirashala
Valinor

Feb 23 2019, 1:42am

Post #7 of 14 (13740 views)
Shortcut
HAHA!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ouch Tongue

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

StingingFly
Lorien

Feb 24 2019, 2:19am

Post #8 of 14 (13711 views)
Shortcut
To make amends with purists, Beorn was cleverly inserted into the battle against Bolg. [In reply to] Can't Post

Cygnus
Lorien

Feb 24 2019, 7:42am

Post #9 of 14 (13690 views)
Shortcut
Tale as old as time [In reply to] Can't Post

He wanted to surprise her with a hug but after sneaking up on the Beauty from behind the Beast became angry when he discovered it was some elf-dude.

"I found it is the small things.....everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay.....simple acts of kindness and love." - Gandalf (movie quote)

Cirashala
Valinor

Feb 24 2019, 4:49pm

Post #10 of 14 (13667 views)
Shortcut
Awkward... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah that would be a rather embarrassing situation...

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

Happy reading everyone!

Cirashala
Valinor

Feb 25 2019, 7:02pm

Post #11 of 14 (13608 views)
Shortcut
Winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

Since comments have slowed down, I do believe you, m'dear, are the winner of a snort-worthy response! Go henceforth and post! Smile

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

Happy reading everyone!

Cygnus
Lorien

Mar 5 2019, 8:59pm

Post #12 of 14 (13048 views)
Shortcut
Im so stupid [In reply to] Can't Post

umm, kilidoescartwheels won right? (I'm not using it but I'm still struggling with the threaded thing when I go to it to try and figure out what's going on)

"I found it is the small things.....everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay.....simple acts of kindness and love." - Gandalf (movie quote)

Cirashala
Valinor

Mar 5 2019, 9:39pm

Post #13 of 14 (13039 views)
Shortcut
Fereth won :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I view posts in flat mode not threaded because I find it WAY easier, especially when trying to discern who is replying to whom. When I do, next to the post title is in parentheses (In reply to). If you click on that, it will take you directly to the post a user is replying to.

In this example, if you look at my post Winner! IN FLAT MODE, next to the title Winner! is (In reply to). Click on that, and it takes you to Fereth's post Smile

Like this (best simulation I can do of flat mode short of a screen shot, which I hate because I can't for the life of me post pictures on here without an Olympic-level technological feat Crazy):

Cirashala Winner! (In reply to) Quote I Reply to this post
Tol Eressea
This is the post body. If you look above this, you will see the post title
(Winner!), and next to it is the link you need to click in order to see who
I am replying to Smile In this case, Fereth Smile

I have no idea how to discern who replies to whom in threaded mode, but in flat mode it's quite easy Smile I also find that, for me, it's MUCH easier to use the forum in flat mode, though I'm sure others have their preferred forum view as well.

To view posts in flat mode, not threaded, at the very top on the right are five green buttons. The last one is the one you want to click on for flat mode/threaded mode Smile

And don't worry, Cygnus. You're not stupid- it took me a while to figure out this forum, especially since it's the first online forum that I've ever used Smile It was really tricky for a while, but once I discovered flat mode it became extremely easy to use Smile

Edit- well, apparently the forum boards don't like it when you put multiple spaces in between things and realigned my example Crazy Ah well- when you look at flat mode, you'll see what I mean (hopefully) Evil

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

Happy reading everyone!

(This post was edited by Cirashala on Mar 5 2019, 9:43pm)

Fereth
Rivendell

Mar 6 2019, 6:30pm

Post #14 of 14 (12987 views)
Shortcut
Ah, thank you kindly! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad I could make you snort. Laugh

I'll dig up the next picture shortly, I can't seem to find a decent example of the one I had in mind.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.