Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Reminder: TORn Exclusive coming tomorrow, February 12!

NewsfromBree
spymaster@theonering.net

Feb 11, 1:00pm

Post #1 of 14 (321 views)
Shortcut
Reminder: TORn Exclusive coming tomorrow, February 12! Can't Post

As we revealed here on Saturday, TORn will be offering our readers a very special, exclusive treat tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m. PST. We’re keeping the details under wraps until then. However, as promised, we’re offering a couple of clues as to what it might be. Take a few guesses, and come back Tuesday morning to see if your guesses were correct!

Clue 1: British Beast

Clue 2: Tea with a wise man

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Feb 11, 6:42pm)

Lissuin
Valinor

Feb 11, 6:50pm

Post #2 of 14 (291 views)
Shortcut
Clue 1: British Beast? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dan Stevens. Now who could he possibly be in line for?

Cirashala
Tol Eressea

Feb 11, 7:17pm

Post #3 of 14 (284 views)
Shortcut
I'm gonna go with [In reply to] Can't Post

a young Aragorn, as he bears a striking resemblance to Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn Smile As for Tea with an Old Man, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's Bilbo's tea with Balin.

Clues to the exclusive scoop on the new Amazon series, perhaps?

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

Lissuin
Valinor

Feb 11, 7:26pm

Post #4 of 14 (281 views)
Shortcut
Oh, ye.....ah. [In reply to] Can't Post

Simon L. de Paiva
Bree

Feb 11, 9:11pm

Post #5 of 14 (261 views)
Shortcut
My first thought was Nicholas Hoult... [In reply to] Can't Post

... Who played Beast on some recent X men films. So maybe a scoop on the upcoming Tolkien biopic, an interview with him, maybe a trailer release?

Lissuin
Valinor

Feb 11, 9:25pm

Post #6 of 14 (250 views)
Shortcut
You could very well be right. [In reply to] Can't Post

...we’ll be sharing something VERY special that you’ll only be able to see at TORn.

Unless it is a Stevens audition tape for Aragorn.Cool

Simon L. de Paiva
Bree

Feb 11, 10:52pm

Post #7 of 14 (232 views)
Shortcut
I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out. [In reply to] Can't Post

Whatever it may be, Tolkien biopic or Amazon series, it will probably make for some exciting news.Smile

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Wed, 11:40am

Post #8 of 14 (172 views)
Shortcut
ding, ding, ding!!! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Lissuin
Valinor

Wed, 6:08pm

Post #9 of 14 (160 views)
Shortcut
Let me know if you have any first thoughts on a horse race. Good one! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Simon L. de Paiva
Bree

Wed, 7:41pm

Post #10 of 14 (158 views)
Shortcut
LOL ! Hi Gramma! I took a peek at the mirror of Galadriel... [In reply to] Can't Post

...to see if my guess was correctTongue. There was someone over at the Headlines, the site's front page, where I also posted, who knew the answer to clue number 2. Only after I read his post I remembered having read something about Tolkien and Christopher Wiseman years ago, I had forgotten about it. I'm not as nearly as familiarized with the details of Tolkien's life story like many here are. But I learn a little more everydaySmile.

Simon L. de Paiva
Bree

Wed, 7:48pm

Post #11 of 14 (148 views)
Shortcut
LOL, I sure will! Shadowfax winner of the Middle-earth Kentucky Derby... [In reply to] Can't Post

... (Rohan Derby, Edoras Derby?) With Brego arriving in close second! I heard it from Lord Elrond himself, who has the gift of foresight. Forgive my childish sense of humorTongue.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Thu, 12:25pm

Post #12 of 14 (137 views)
Shortcut
ohhh... [In reply to] Can't Post

I had no idea about Wiseman, either! We never stop learning... and it's so fun here :D *high five*

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Thu, 5:42pm

Post #13 of 14 (135 views)
Shortcut
Fun fact [In reply to] Can't Post

In my search to come up with clues, and reading about Christopher Wiseman, and confirming it in Tolkien's letter 306, I learned that Tolkien named his son Christopher after him. Heart

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Fri, 11:21am

Post #14 of 14 (82 views)
Shortcut
Now that [In reply to] Can't Post

was a wonderful treasure to find at the end of your hunt :D So very cool!!!!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.