The Barrel Song from The Hobbit my rendition

Cirashala
Valinor

Feb 5 2019, 9:53pm

Post #1 of 17 (20738 views)
Shortcut
The Barrel Song from The Hobbit my rendition Can't Post

Here it is on youtube Smile

More to come! (also be patient with me yes I'm sitting on my bed I'm recovering from major surgery Evil)

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Feb 7 2019, 3:55pm

Post #2 of 17 (20572 views)
Shortcut
Very Nice! I love this. :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Great tune, beautiful voice. SmileThank you!

Cirashala
Valinor

Feb 7 2019, 4:35pm

Post #3 of 17 (20569 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

Meneldor
Valinor

Feb 7 2019, 9:34pm

Post #4 of 17 (20546 views)
Shortcut
Very pretty. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure the Professor will approve.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Cirashala
Valinor

Feb 7 2019, 9:38pm

Post #5 of 17 (20544 views)
Shortcut

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

Happy reading everyone!

Cygnus
Lorien

Feb 13 2019, 5:11pm

Post #6 of 17 (20023 views)
Shortcut
nice [In reply to] Can't Post

Very beautiful!
Glad you hear your recovery is going well.
We have a bed exactly like that. We live near Amish folks and bought it from them. They said the wood came from Michigan.

"I found it is the small things.....everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay.....simple acts of kindness and love." - Gandalf (movie quote)

Cirashala
Valinor

Feb 13 2019, 9:56pm

Post #7 of 17 (20001 views)
Shortcut
Thank you :) [In reply to] Can't Post

It is, for the most part. Still having some pain, sometimes very sharp, when the muscles that had endo removed off them tense up like crazy/spasm, so I got muscle relaxers and an antispasmodic med to help, but it's coming along- slowly but surely. Still have at least 2 weeks before I can be released to normal activity, so I'm trying to grin and bear it as best I can (even though I'm very impatient and incredibly bored. If my brain had been cooperating I would have written my second novel by now, but it hasn't been cooperative).

Cool Smile I love rustic log furniture and hope and pray to live in a log cabin and have our own family farm someday (smaller, like a hobby farm, though I will also be working an acre of gourmet garlic which sells very well around here). So far, this is our only log piece, but I have the tools to make more, providing I can get the wood (a few folks from our church live on conifer-treed acreage and have said they can mark some for us to use when I'm recovered) though I have to wait til I'm recovered before I can use them to make more. I look forward to it Smile

I live in north Idaho, so conifers abound here and I'm sure that I can get the wood once we can go cutting. In the meantime, we bought this one from a local log furniture store when it was on a huge special (got it for $350 queen size) and I love it :) It's incredibly sturdy and will likely last the rest of our lives if it's well taken care of.

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

Happy reading everyone!

Cygnus
Lorien

Feb 14 2019, 4:26am

Post #8 of 17 (19973 views)
Shortcut
same thing [In reply to] Can't Post

Ours is queen sized too and I think that's about what we paid for it. I've been racking my brain trying to remember what kind of wood it is. I do remember thinking at the time he told me that we didn't have that kind of tree here in Erie County Pennsylvania so I'm guessing it came from northern Michigan. Our most common trees here are probably maples. Our ash trees are dying from the emerald ash borer bug so I've been using them for firewood or else they're just going to rot. If we ever have a bug or disease that kills soft maple we'll lose 1/3 of the trees on our 10 acres and 3/4 of the trees we own on the 12 acres across the road. Sorry for getting off the subject.

"I found it is the small things.....everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay.....simple acts of kindness and love." - Gandalf (movie quote)

Cirashala
Valinor

Feb 14 2019, 3:31pm

Post #9 of 17 (19935 views)
Shortcut
No worries :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Mine is made out of lodgepole pine, which makes sense as we're surrounded by conifer forests here in north Idaho Smile Or a mix- aspens are pretty common here as well. Any hardwoods though are not native to the area, though many do grow well here. We may have a sprinkling of cedar, but that's about it. Pine trees, fir, and larch (tamarack) grow in abundance here, as does aspen.

I would love to see a maple forest someday Smile I've never been east of the Mississippi river, though I've been in almost every state west of it. When we finally get acreage, I hope to plant at least a couple of sugar maples and a few oak trees as well.

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

Happy reading everyone!

Mari D.
Rivendell

Mar 4 2019, 10:53pm

Post #10 of 17 (18041 views)
Shortcut
I find it beautiful ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I for sure couldn't sing like that, or compose, so thanks for enriching my day by sharing the fruit of your talent (&training). I hope your recovery is going well. Wishing you much joy when composing and singing more songs :-)

Cirashala
Valinor

Mar 4 2019, 11:19pm

Post #11 of 17 (18036 views)
Shortcut
Technically I didn't compose it [In reply to] Can't Post

I was singing my rendition of Beth Ortolando's version (under The Hobbit "The Barrel Song" on youtube). She came up with the tune; I was just performing it in this video Smile And of course the words are Tolkien's (disclaimer).

You are very welcome Smile I am glad you like it! Not really classically trained in vocals though, just had one semester of choir and been singing on my church's worship team for years. I did orchestra through school, and have played the violin for 22 years (though a bit rusty, due to real life not leaving much time to practice in the past few years). I love singing though, and sing all the time (Whistle While You Work from Snow White is now running through my head lol...terrible movie but the songs weren't too bad).

My recovery is going well, thank you. My surgery was on Jan 17th and I finally got cleared for normal activities, but I still have 6 weeks of physical therapy to go and just need to work on strengthening the muscles in my pelvic floor, abdomen and upper leg (the latter two of which tie into the pelvic floor muscle group) and teaching them how to fire when they should and to relax when they should again (the endometriosis was all over the muscles, and the constant trauma and inflammation caused a disruption in the nerve signals leading them to seize up and put me in excruciating pain when they did). But I'm doing a lot better than I was pre-surgery, and continuing to improve every day Smile

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

Happy reading everyone!

Ryan Kurt
The Shire

Mar 27 2019, 7:10pm

Post #12 of 17 (15666 views)
Shortcut
Pretty sound! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tolkien's universe is such a great source of musical inspiration.

Cirashala
Valinor

Mar 27 2019, 10:34pm

Post #13 of 17 (15636 views)
Shortcut
Yes it is :) [In reply to] Can't Post

It's amazing what people have done with all the songs!

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

Happy reading everyone!

Na Vedui
Rohan

Apr 8 2019, 8:54pm

Post #14 of 17 (15337 views)
Shortcut
Just found your video... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's lovely, Cirashala. You have a very sweet voice.

Mari D.
Rivendell

Apr 8 2019, 9:46pm

Post #15 of 17 (15332 views)
Shortcut

for the long reply. Well, all your practice seems to have worked well ;-)

Wishing you a continually speedy recovery ... are you expected to feel completely fine again after a while, a month, a year ... medically speaking, I mean? (miracles are always possible)

>> Non-native English speaker. If you reply to one of my posts feel free to help me improve by quoting + correcting the quote in CAPITAL letters :-)
>> Thanks everyone for your kind answers to my many questions! It's a delight for me to read them.

(This post was edited by Mari D. on Apr 8 2019, 9:47pm)

Cirashala
Valinor

Apr 8 2019, 11:48pm

Post #16 of 17 (15320 views)
Shortcut
Can I pm you? Regarding recovery [In reply to] Can't Post

and thank you Smile

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

Happy reading everyone!

Cirashala
Valinor

Apr 8 2019, 11:49pm

Post #17 of 17 (15317 views)
Shortcut
thank you! // [In reply to] Can't Post

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

Happy reading everyone!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.