Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
LOTR Caption Contest CCVII

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 24, 6:42am

Post #1 of 12 (1763 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Caption Contest CCVII Can't Post

With CuriousG handing over the baton of photo-selection, I now present for your captioning prowess this image of Arwen and Galadriel! What could possibly be going on here?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Cygnus
Lorien

Jan 24, 5:28pm

Post #2 of 12 (1682 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel says: [In reply to] Can't Post

"It's just a cell phone. You can live without it. Maybe your dad will give it back to you if you'd stop dating that mortal. In the meantime, try reading a book or practicing cursive. You kids need to get back to the old ways."

"I found it is the small things.....everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay.....simple acts of kindness and love." - Gandalf (movie quote)

(This post was edited by Cygnus on Jan 24, 5:30pm)

hanne
Lorien

Jan 24, 6:01pm

Post #3 of 12 (1670 views)
Shortcut
Ugh, prophecies. That is so First Age. // [In reply to] Can't Post

CuriousG
Half-elven

Jan 24, 6:07pm

Post #4 of 12 (1669 views)
Shortcut
"Dad, crazy Grandma is touching me again, and I don't like it!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Valinor

Jan 25, 5:03am

Post #5 of 12 (1610 views)
Shortcut
Yes, dear, that Man cut your Helm's Deep scenes, but we know you're a kick-ass Elf princess. [In reply to] Can't Post

Alveric
Rivendell

Jan 25, 2:54pm

Post #6 of 12 (1591 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel says: [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I know, your beloved Aragorn has long hair, but I'm pretty sure your Dad didn't write "Dude Looks Like a Lady" specifically about him.

sador
Half-elven

Jan 28, 3:32am

Post #7 of 12 (1140 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel: It's all right. It took me a couple of thousand years [In reply to] Can't Post

...before I learned to bake proper lembas.
Arwen: But I don't have that time, gramma. I chose a mortal life!
Galadriel: Don't you worry. I put something in Eowyn's stew.

( on second reading, this comes across as too old-fashioned. So 1990s!)

Belegdir
Lorien

Jan 28, 3:44pm

Post #8 of 12 (1055 views)
Shortcut
Worry not dearheart, you only have 200 years left on the naughty step. [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 28, 7:55pm

Post #9 of 12 (1038 views)
Shortcut
Winner of the CCVII! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can totally see Elrond as a vocal-double for Steve Tyler. Cool

Go forth and post!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Alveric
Rivendell

Jan 28, 11:32pm

Post #10 of 12 (1004 views)
Shortcut
the honor o'erwhelms me! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm much more a fan of the daughter than the father, in fact.
A new pic coming soon.

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 29, 5:26pm

Post #11 of 12 (939 views)
Shortcut
"You'll get married someday, so stop referring to yourself as an 'elf on the shelf'". // [In reply to] Can't Post

Character is what we do on the internet when we think no one knows who we are.

Lissuin
Valinor

Jan 30, 2:46am

Post #12 of 12 (900 views)
Shortcut
HA! Great bumper sticker. [In reply to] Can't Post

"You'll get married someday, so stop referring to yourself as an 'elf on the shelf'

"Someday" seems like an especially looong time to an Elf maiden. I think she'd best go to grad school, get a great job and buy her own condo, maybe run for Congress.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.