Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Middle-earth TV Series Discussion:
Yet more speculation on PJ involvement.

Moahunter
Rohan

Jan 16, 7:00am

Post #1 of 18 (1744 views)
Shortcut
Yet more speculation on PJ involvement. Can't Post

Massive J.R.R. Tolkien Collection to Be Displayed in the U.S.https://comicbook.com/...1wuA2I-xwlbzsnAGjPwI"Amazon is set to expand on Tolkien's work with a new television series. The series will reportedly focus on young Aragorn, the heir to the throne of Gondor who goes into self-imposed exile with the Rangers of the North. Conflicting accounts have surfaced about about Jackson’s involvement with the series.
“I don’t have thoughts on it because I haven’t seen [anything],’ Jackson said in his most recent comments on the matter. ‘I think they’re going to send us some scripts to see if we can help them along. I wish them all the best and if we can help them we certainly will try. ‘It’s a big task.”
“I’ve sat with Simon Tolkien [JRR Tolkien’s grandson] for a couple of hours, and (Amazon TV executive) Sharon (Tal Yguado) has spent tons of time with them,” Amazon TV head Jennifer Salke said in June. “She had spent the last couple of months meeting anyone who had said, ‘I’m really passionate about it and I want to get in and talk about the show and what’s possible.’ I think you’ll see us honing in on a strategy in the next month, which might involve a group of writers. Clearly, there’ll be someone in charge, but it involves the estate and Peter Jackson, and there’s a lot of conversations.”

Archestratie
Bree

Jan 16, 12:59pm

Post #2 of 18 (1669 views)
Shortcut
Come on already! [In reply to] Can't Post

At this point, I just want them to get on with it. There has been virtually now word on how much progress is being made in months. If they don't get started soon, they'll have to hurry to beat the deadline in the agreement with the Estate. The last thing any of us wants is a rush job on this series.

Ataahua
Superuser

Jan 16, 8:08pm

Post #3 of 18 (1626 views)
Shortcut
I'm pleased to see [In reply to] Can't Post

there's a lot of effort going into the production. All of this enormous back-end work should, hopefully, result in a good-quality show.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Jan 26, 2:54pm

Post #4 of 18 (1306 views)
Shortcut
Taking their time [In reply to] Can't Post

The fact that they are taking their time is a clear sign that they want to do this right. It's not just about money, but also to make the fans happy. This is a good thing.

Vocalist of the progressive doom rock band Mater Thallium.

Archestratie
Bree

Jan 28, 1:30pm

Post #5 of 18 (1193 views)
Shortcut
Maybe [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The fact that they are taking their time is a clear sign that they want to do this right. It's not just about money, but also to make the fans happy. This is a good thing.

Or they have no direction at all and are just durdling around hoping for a miracle.

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Jan 28, 7:54pm

Post #6 of 18 (1162 views)
Shortcut
Money [In reply to] Can't Post

Or they have no direction at all and are just durdling around hoping for a miracle.

They would not pay that much money if they were hoping for a miracle. The Hobbit movies were not that successful that the brand is bulletproof.

I'm taking the slow development as a good sign. Most bad movies and TV shows lately have all suffered fast development schedules. Going slow is at least a sign they want to do it right instead of fast. Fast is not good in this case. Slow might be good at least.

Vocalist of the progressive doom rock band Mater Thallium.

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Lorien

Jan 29, 4:07pm

Post #7 of 18 (1099 views)
Shortcut
Gotta agree with that [In reply to] Can't Post

It's the same policy Warner Brothers has been taking since Justice League, taking their main projects much more slowly and giving them way more production time, without worrying about pre-set release dates.

I love The Hobbit. Always will.

Archestratie
Bree

Jan 29, 5:52pm

Post #8 of 18 (1081 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
It's the same policy Warner Brothers has been taking since Justice League, taking their main projects much more slowly and giving them way more production time, without worrying about pre-set release dates.

Except Amazon actually has one according to reports about the deal is signed with the estate.

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Lorien

Jan 29, 8:04pm

Post #9 of 18 (1058 views)
Shortcut
Well, yeah, obviously there's differences between the two companies [In reply to] Can't Post

However, the basic point remains. Giving films - or TV shows - longer time to prep is always a good idea. Warner Brothers learned that the hard way when Justice League flopped, because they had rushed it through to meet a release date. The same with Fantastic Beasts 2, which was rushed through its production and, while still a box office success, failed with critics (though I loved it, just to be clear). On the other hand, Aquaman, which was pushed back in order to give it more time, was a box office and critical success. Warner Brothers is now doing the same thing with Wonder Woman 1984 and Fantastic Beasts 3. It's a good policy, and one that should obviously have been implemented long ago. In Amazon's case, I'm not sure - there's no official release date for the show itself, just a point at which the series has to go into production, right?

I love The Hobbit. Always will.

MoreMorgoth
Bree

Jan 30, 1:42am

Post #10 of 18 (1048 views)
Shortcut
HOBBIT success [In reply to] Can't Post

The HOBBIT movies were a big success in making a profit for their studio. This is according to Forbes

So barring the above-noted foreign exchange issues, the third and final Peter Jackson Hobbit film would have crossed $1 billion at the worldwide box office. But "sadly" it sits at $939m worldwide and it may not make it to the milestone. But whether or not the film makes it over the hump, the Hobbit trilogy has been incredibly successful on a domestic and worldwide stage. The three-film trilogy cost around $765m to produce and made $2.916b worldwide thus far.

Sounds like a big hit to me - despite some bad timing on the exchange value issues.

Lissuin
Valinor

Jan 30, 2:25am

Post #11 of 18 (1037 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for taking time to point out the financial success of the Hobbit trilogy, MoreMorgoth. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've gotten tired of shouting into the darkness at those who didn't like the films and, therefore, insist they were not successful. Different strokes, I get it - but let's be fair, people, eh?

It's blinkin' hot today. I'm cross. Time for a popsicle.

Cheers, MM.Cool

Ataahua
Superuser

Jan 30, 3:14am

Post #12 of 18 (1022 views)
Shortcut
Are you redirecting your fan to blow out the window? [In reply to] Can't Post

I swear that's taking off among my friend circle.

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Lissuin
Valinor

Jan 30, 3:26am

Post #13 of 18 (1022 views)
Shortcut
Well, kind of. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm holding out until I can't stand it any longer, then I'll turn on the heat pump to work in reverse for a while. I usually forget it is AC too.
And I'm just about at that point. The cats are comatose, napping in their fur coats. I have tissue stuffed in my ears because the cicadas are so loud in this beech forest wonderland surrounding us because somethin must love this heat. And where are those Wellington breezes when one needs them, I'd like to know! Mad

Popsicles help. Wink

Silverlode
Forum Admin

Jan 30, 4:07am

Post #14 of 18 (1021 views)
Shortcut
I recommend [In reply to] Can't Post

hot water bottles filled with cold water to put your feet on if you're sitting. They make lovely heat sinks.

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

Ataahua
Superuser

Jan 30, 4:10am

Post #15 of 18 (1016 views)
Shortcut
Genius. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll keep that in mind! :)

Ataahua's stories

Lissuin
Valinor

Jan 30, 4:25am

Post #16 of 18 (1000 views)
Shortcut
Cool! / [In reply to] Can't Post

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Feb 9, 5:21pm

Post #17 of 18 (506 views)
Shortcut
Another way to cool off: [In reply to] Can't Post

A good way to lower body temperature quickly is to bathe your forearms in cool water.

It went down to - 26C overnight in these parts.

Cirashala
Tol Eressea

Feb 9, 7:46pm

Post #18 of 18 (482 views)
Shortcut
An oft-overlooked way [In reply to] Can't Post

a hot bath. And no, I'm not kidding. Taking a hot bath forces your blood vessels to open up and rise toward your skin more to help dissipate the extra body heat. If you take a hot bath, then get out and sit in the buff/nude for about 20 minutes, your body's natural cooling system will help dissipate the excess body heat, thus leaving you cooler than you were to start with.

I use this technique at bedtime. I take a hot bath (with epsom salts for the muscle relaxation) then chill (literally) and it cools me off before bedtime by ultimately lowering my core body temp.

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.