Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Admins. could someone kindly please delete a link?

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jan 12, 9:07pm

Post #1 of 6 (530 views)
Shortcut
Admins. could someone kindly please delete a link? Can't Post

And some other stuff? Blush

I didn't realize the original article had specific political things in it. I hadn't read the whole thing in ages--I just got a kick out of the astronomy part. http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=954537#954537

Could you delete the link and this: "(Whole article here, but the above quote is the only part about astronomy.", and also change the subject line to "Lunar eclipse facts, S. B. Cohen, and Ted Koppel--very very funny quote"?

And could you also change the first sentence in the body of the post to "I think you'd get a kick out of this quote--had me laughing for days".

Or, maybe just delete the whole post, if you think it's too sensitive?
Thanks very, very much!

(This post was edited by Ethel Duath on Jan 12, 9:11pm)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 12, 9:16pm

Post #2 of 6 (518 views)
Shortcut
Done! [In reply to] Can't Post

*puts lid back on spray can of Pixels-B-Gone, wipes residue off post*

I did add in a couple words about that being a quote from Cohen, otherwise folks might be wondering why he's in the subject line...Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jan 12, 9:40pm

Post #3 of 6 (517 views)
Shortcut
Oh thank you! But the quote is not actually by Cohen [In reply to] Can't Post

but by the writer of the Slate article, describing what Cohen in disguise asked Koppel. Maybe "a quote from an article about a Cohen interview" or something?
Can I borrow your spray can? I need to clean my house quickly before students come, and that should just do the trick (unless it only works on pixels. Perhaps it would work on Pixies?). Sly

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 12, 9:49pm

Post #4 of 6 (515 views)
Shortcut
Whups! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just a little re-edit...there.

Unfortunately, Pixels-B-Gone only works on TORn posts and my Outlook school library schedule. ("Can I bring in a class for project presentations on Friday between 9 and 11?" "Sure, I'll pixel you into the schedule." Fifteen minutes later: "I need to change that to from 1 to 3." Yeah, I have to stock up on that stuff.)

I've also got Spam-B-Gone and Troll-Wipes, but I don't think those will help - sorry! Did you make cookies for the students? They don't notice the dust-bunnies when they're busy munching!

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jan 12, 10:29pm

Post #5 of 6 (513 views)
Shortcut
Well, they only come one-at-a-time, [In reply to] Can't Post

for their lessons (or 2, if it's a music comp. class), so no cookies for them!ShockedIt's made up for at the recital, though, but I let the parents do the baking then . . .Evil

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 13, 3:20am

Post #6 of 6 (507 views)
Shortcut
Very wise! [In reply to] Can't Post

As long as they don't all bake chocolate chips or brownies...but then, one can never have too many chocolate chip cookies or brownies! Laugh

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.