Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to Fiesta, everyone!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 12, 5:15am

Post #26 of 55 (262 views)
Shortcut
Welp [In reply to] Can't Post

The sonogram sez I still have an enlarged heart but now I got "calcium on the valves", which reminded me of this old film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4UhOeYYXAA

Character is what we do on the internet when we think no one knows who we are.

Lissuin
Valinor

Jan 12, 6:07am

Post #27 of 55 (244 views)
Shortcut
Just keep goin in for those tune ups, Darkstone. She'll be right. ;-) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Cygnus
Rivendell

Jan 12, 6:22am

Post #28 of 55 (249 views)
Shortcut
Hang in there [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry to hear about your bad news Darkstone. I've never even heard of the calcium thing. Is that what caused your heart to enlarge?
Good luck to everybody who is going to get hit by the storm. Keep warm and stay safe.

"I found it is the small things.....everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay.....simple acts of kindness and love." - Gandalf

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 12, 9:16am

Post #29 of 55 (243 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not really the worst news. The enlarged heart is hereditary. The "calcium on the valves" is apparently because i'm getting old. Well, older. It'd be bad if I was forty years younger. As it is I've only had one heart attack and one case of congestive heart failure so actually i consider myself pretty well ahead of the game at my age.

But thanks for the good thoughts from The Swan. Wink

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 12, 9:18am

Post #30 of 55 (241 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm down to one just checkup a year. Vroom! Vroo---putt-putt-putt...

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 12, 1:17pm

Post #31 of 55 (222 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

For the birthday wishes. It is a hectic period with all the festivities and a birthday. At least I can still pretend all the fireworks are just for me, to celebrate my birthday Wink

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 12, 1:22pm

Post #32 of 55 (221 views)
Shortcut
He Dernwyn! [In reply to] Can't Post

Luckily / unfortunately now snowstorms for me.

I love snow, to look at it falling and the world turning into the quiet and white place.
But the amounts of snow that are falling in some place, they are bit too disruptive.

But, no snow in The Netherlands. We are too close to the sea, so a bit warmer weather, for snow. A lot of rain, I got caught in a rain shower biking to work Friday. But luckily clothes dry easily.

Cygnus
Rivendell

Jan 12, 4:23pm

Post #33 of 55 (215 views)
Shortcut
Heart trouble [In reply to] Can't Post

My father just had heart surgery two weeks ago...triple by-pass. He's home doing well. Considering that he hasn't exactly been a health nut in his 80 years and this is his first major surgery he should consider himself lucky. I have a leaky aortic valve that needs checked every year. I'm 58 and am told I've had it my whole life. As long as it doesn't deteriorate I should be fine. I'm glad to hear you're "well ahead of the game" at your age.

"I found it is the small things.....everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay.....simple acts of kindness and love." - Gandalf

Cygnus
Rivendell

Jan 12, 4:25pm

Post #34 of 55 (207 views)
Shortcut
One more [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
For the birthday wishes. It is a hectic period with all the festivities and a birthday. At least I can still pretend all the fireworks are just for me, to celebrate my birthday Wink

Throw one more wish on that pile. Happy birthday!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 12, 4:55pm

Post #35 of 55 (203 views)
Shortcut
OMG! *flying tackle hug* [In reply to] Can't Post

HI ROSIE!!!

It's so great to see you! Life really does get so busy, we lose track of time :) I'm so happy you're doing well and keeping busy.

*massive hug*

It's never EVER too late for Fiesta! There's always someone holding the door open :D

Have a great weekend!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 12, 5:05pm

Post #36 of 55 (201 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic! [In reply to] Can't Post

You SO needed this break! It's incredible that they're made such a safe haven for the birds. IMHO, much of NZ is a safe haven from things that are a nuisance ;) I'm glad you made it to the museum even if it wasn't as long as you would like. SAFETY FIRST! You can do it again when you have more quality time to give.

I love military/maritime museums. I've been to the U.S.S. Intrepid naval aircraft carrier (museum) anchored in NYC when we were there for the TT moot. It's one of the carriers my Uncle flew from during WWII, so it was so emotional. And I went to the Te Papa and Wellington Museum (Wellington's maritime history) while I was there. I could have spent a full day at each of these.

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 12, 5:17pm

Post #37 of 55 (203 views)
Shortcut
Love all the great music! [In reply to] Can't Post

How about some Vanilla Ice?

Your weather sounds like mine here in Michigan. We have only had one serious snowfall in December, and it's been pretty mild for mid winter. I'm VERY grateful, though. I can't remember the last time we've had such an undramatic winter! I think it's because I've got my fireplace in and am ready for the big battles! ;)

Have a wonderful weekend, m'dear!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 12, 5:24pm

Post #38 of 55 (202 views)
Shortcut
As someone who freaks out at tax season [In reply to] Can't Post

I think what you do for them is wonderful! You know I didn't do math even in my best days. Nowadays, it's truly terrifying! I had my taxes done while resolving my Mom's estate that involved me; but this year I get to go back to my good 'ol 1040EZ. Now THAT I can handle!

I agree with Bilbo: "...it is no bad thing to celebrate a simple life." ;)

Have a great weekend, m'dear... and stay warm!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 12, 5:41pm

Post #39 of 55 (198 views)
Shortcut
Ahhh... a quiet weekend :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope your parents are ready for the weather. I'm sure they've been through it a few times ;) but it's still nothing to sneeze at. *contemplates* Well... you know what I mean ;)

Have a great weekend!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 12, 5:55pm

Post #40 of 55 (202 views)
Shortcut
*high five* Knowledge is power! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so glad you've got yourself armed with knowing exactly what's going on and that they know what to do for it. I'll bet you're relieved. Medicine is so incredible at controlling health issues that once meant dramatic changes or threats to our lives.

I am truly, heartily happy for you knowing that you're going to be fine. They're progressing in treatments all the time! I remember when transplants were so scary. Now, they're routine.

*warm hug* You Rock, sir!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

sherlock
Gondor

Jan 12, 8:03pm

Post #41 of 55 (196 views)
Shortcut
We're only supposed to get [In reply to] Can't Post

about four inches of the white stuff. I was just outside and it was snowing a little bit. I've got food, booze, a fire in the wood stove and plenty to read and watch. I'm good.

Hi everyone! Happy Weekend!

sherlock
Gondor

Jan 12, 8:26pm

Post #42 of 55 (189 views)
Shortcut
That is so [In reply to] Can't Post

nice that you do that, entmaiden!

Greenwood Hobbit
Grey Havens

Jan 12, 9:33pm

Post #43 of 55 (181 views)
Shortcut
Vanilla Ice? >groan< [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll see your Vanilla Ice and raise you Kool and the Gang! I'm sure your fireplace will have a good workout before too long - but the weather does seem to be doing crazy things all over the place...

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 12, 9:34pm

Post #44 of 55 (184 views)
Shortcut
They don't [In reply to] Can't Post

shear the bison in the springtime? Angelic

I wonder what their fur would feel like, once it's spun. Have you ever petted a bison?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jan 12, 10:24pm

Post #45 of 55 (182 views)
Shortcut
I've been close enough to... [In reply to] Can't Post

but not rash enough. Yet.

They have multiple coats to weed through to get to the down. It's very soft, but not as readily available as some other luxury fibers. This is why we need elves! They could tame the beasts for grooming.

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 13, 2:09pm

Post #46 of 55 (157 views)
Shortcut
ooooo.... [In reply to] Can't Post

That sounds like you NEED to get stranded at home :D I've got the same thing going on. Prep is good, snow is missing. Although, we had a couple of VERY high wind days that knock out the power faster than any snow.

I hope your weekend is going great!! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 13, 8:44pm

Post #47 of 55 (117 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Often there's a part of me that just doesn't want to know, but he's the stupid part.

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Jan 13, 8:44pm

Post #48 of 55 (121 views)
Shortcut
Well, [In reply to] Can't Post

we always knew you were big hearted! Be well. Heart

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 13, 8:52pm

Post #49 of 55 (122 views)
Shortcut
I have great doctors. [In reply to] Can't Post

A Haitian, a Filipino, and a Palestinian walk into a hospital room. That's not the beginning of a joke, those are my doctors! And most excellent doctors they are!

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 13, 8:52pm

Post #50 of 55 (118 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Bless you!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.