Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to Fiesta, everyone!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Lorien

Jan 13, 11:12pm

Post #51 of 55 (90 views)
Shortcut
I'm still in the process of slowly taking down Christmas decorations [In reply to] Can't Post

While already planning my Easter party. I've got a serious inability to focus on any one thing.

Acting classes start again tomorrow! We're practicing heavy-duty Miesner method, and then Uta Hagen. Looking forward to that.

I love The Hobbit. Always will.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 14, 12:55pm

Post #52 of 55 (72 views)
Shortcut
*sigh* [In reply to] Can't Post

I miss the lights and decorations. Everything gets sleepy-looking again until next December ;)

Hang in there! :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 14, 12:57pm

Post #53 of 55 (74 views)
Shortcut
*stifles giggle* [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh geez... it's SO a great lead to a joke; but I'm so glad they're not joking around with you! Safe in good hands. First step to a solid healing. :)

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Annael
Half-elven

Jan 14, 4:31pm

Post #54 of 55 (65 views)
Shortcut
I took the red, green, & yellow lights down [In reply to] Can't Post

and strung white ones along the front porch instead.

It's friggin' DARK here this time of year. We need all the lights we can get.

We have a "garden window" - like a small bow window, with a glass shelf - in the dining room. My mom kept her tiny houses collection there, but at Christmas the Santa collection would take over. The Santas are once again packed away, but I have a winter scene there now of trees and pinecones, with those little string lights. Next month I'll do a Valentine's Day theme, and I have a collection of glass eggs & egg-shaped stones that will be the next thing. My dad was resistant at first to changing anything from the way mom did it, but it's been over three years since she passed and he's now open to me putting a bit of my own stamp on the house. We're even going to take down all the paintings and photos and rearrange them and swap some of them out - as I pointed out, Mom's taste was for European paintings and scenes (she grew up in France), but we have a bunch of Pacific Northwest art & photos that we could "feature" for a while.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Lorien

Jan 14, 6:28pm

Post #55 of 55 (56 views)
Shortcut
Those decoration sound very cool [In reply to] Can't Post

I should do stuff like that too - I actually have a collection of tiny little houses and things up somewhere in the attic. I should find that. I've been collecting stuff for my Easter theme already (which is made much easier since all the stores around here seem to have forgotten that it's still Winter, and are already set up for Spring).

I love The Hobbit. Always will.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.