Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Original Drawings by J.R.R. Tolkien Are Coming to New York's Morgan Library

priell3
Lorien

Jan 10, 3:11pm

Post #1 of 5 (3967 views)
Shortcut
Original Drawings by J.R.R. Tolkien Are Coming to New York's Morgan Library Can't Post

A collection of British fantasy writer J.R.R. Tolkien's original drawings and illustrations will make a rare appearance in the U.S. this month. As AM New York reports, works from the University of Oxford's Bodleian Libraries will be traveling across the pond to New York City, where they'll go on display at The Morgan Library & Museum.

https://mentalfloss.com/article/569829/original-tolkien-drawings-coming-to-new-yorks-morgan-library

MikeP

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 11, 12:28pm

Post #2 of 5 (3935 views)
Shortcut
Oh Geez!! *twitch* [In reply to] Can't Post

That will be such a great collection to see! I'm not doing much travelling anymore... but if I were, that is absolutely one I'd hit!

Some years ago, some of us sibbies mooted in Chicago to attend a museum's display of maps (and other materials), and Tolkien's hand-drawn maps were a part of that. It's surreal to stand in front of Professor Tolkien's actual work and to be so close to it.

Thanks for the heads-up. I hope you can make it there :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Jan 13, 11:29pm

Post #3 of 5 (3876 views)
Shortcut
I'm going to go see it! And I can't wait! [In reply to] Can't Post

It'll be my birthday present to myself - this is something I cannot miss, no way. My sister is a total Tolkien geek too, and actually lives in the city, so she'll probably end up coming too. So Excited!

I love The Hobbit. Always will.

priell3
Lorien

Jan 14, 8:56pm

Post #4 of 5 (3810 views)
Shortcut
We expect a full report! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
It'll be my birthday present to myself - this is something I cannot miss, no way. My sister is a total Tolkien geek too, and actually lives in the city, so she'll probably end up coming too. So Excited!

MikeP

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 14, 11:06pm

Post #5 of 5 (3804 views)
Shortcut
There's a thread on the Moots page [In reply to] Can't Post

where some of us are planning a visit - see the thread here. That trip is planned for Easter weekend, and there might be other TORNfolk visiting at other times.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.