Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! January 10

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 10, 1:01pm

Post #1 of 6 (240 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! January 10 Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Walkers!

Here we are again, and well met :) How are you coming along on your journey? What has been your most satisfying stretch of mileage-makers?

All has been quiet in my neck of the woods. We've thankfully missed the storms that have been passing across the U.S., which surprises me since Michigan sits higher north than most of those states hit by the recent bad weather. I'm not complaining!!!!! But it's just weird.

Speaking of weird... I'm still on the Road with Gandalf and the hobbits :) We're travelling the 397 miles from Rivendell to Bag End. Right now we're on our way toward Weathertop continuing west. Far ahead we begin to see the tops of the Weather Hills.

DO TELL... how are you coming along and how are you doing it?

See you on the Road! :D

Resources to help you on your way :)

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Thu, 12:57pm

Post #2 of 6 (144 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! January 17 [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Travellers!

Well... did you notice what just happened? Mid-January just zipped right by! *shakes head* Didn't we just have some holidays a couple of days ago?

How are you coming along on your Quest? This time of the year is often a challenge in the places where it's wintry cold; but those who are in fair weather have my extreme envy! Smell the roses for me, would ya? ;)

Along with some serious room clearing and sorting (I make Bilbo look like a minimalist), I'm beating up my treadmill. I just ordered a replacement belt. Heavy-duty patching tape just isn't doing the trick anymore. Usually this time of the year I'm getting some hefty snow shovelling done; but this year is unusually light on the snowfall. We had several inches early in December, but that was gone by Christmas. I'm not feeling deprived, though (NO WAY! ;) February and March are known for proper punishment.

Do Tell on how you're coming along :D

My Progress: 31
Gandalf, the hobbits and I are travelling the 397 miles from Rivendell to Bag End. We're on our way toward Weathertop as the Weather Hills slowly rise on the horizon.

See you on the Road!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

noWizardme
Valinor

Thu, 6:38pm

Post #3 of 6 (127 views)
Shortcut
Well, I must have seen some sights [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been recording my miles automatically on my handy pocket iPalantir, but I haven't been converting them into Middle-earth distances for a while. So last time you heard from me, I was still struggling towards the Misty Mountains (I was on Jan 10th). Now I've been through Moria and Lorien and I am drifting downriver on Feb 17th. I'm 963 miles from Bag End, and 43 miles downriver from Lorien on my way to Rauros, and then goodness knows where. But please don't give away my postion to any orcs.

~~~~~~
"Go down to the shovel store and take your pick." Traditional prank played on dwarves when they start down the mine.

CuriousG
Half-elven

Thu, 9:35pm

Post #4 of 6 (97 views)
Shortcut
Drifting downriver? Bonus points for walking on water. :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

noWizardme
Valinor

Thu, 10:09pm

Post #5 of 6 (93 views)
Shortcut
It would be easier if... [In reply to] Can't Post

...the water was in solid form. But itís been a mild, dry winter so far in England.

~~~~~~
"Go down to the shovel store and take your pick." Traditional prank played on dwarves when they start down the mine.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Fri, 3:07am

Post #6 of 6 (81 views)
Shortcut
Wow! You have kept at it! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

*bows deeply* I hope you made some good friends along the way. This is great! And I promise not to let that herd of orcs I saw rumbling across the field that you're in the neighbourhood. I will DEFINITELY see you on the Road!

Let's meet at the Green Dragon and I'll buy you a mug full :D

*high five*

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.