Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
I've been a TORn fanatic for 17 years!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 11, 3:51pm

Post #51 of 58 (137 views)
Shortcut
OH-ho-ho-ho-ho!!!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

LOVE the all despair line :D *still giggling*

My tattoos are on my left wrist and small enough to hide under a medium-wide watch band. So I can hide them when I wanna, but they're right there for me to enjoy when I wanna :D

The m-E symbol is Quenya for NZ; but to me it also stands for M-e (Middle-earth) :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Greenwood Hobbit
Grey Havens

Jan 11, 5:02pm

Post #52 of 58 (134 views)
Shortcut
Thanks so much for that! [In reply to] Can't Post

How lovely to see it again; I'll save it. That means I must have been on the boards in early/mid 2002 so have been around on TORn for at least sixteen years! The earliest email I have on record is one from Hengist after the Howard Shore concert in London in 2004. Don't know what happened to any earlier ones.

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 11, 6:26pm

Post #53 of 58 (130 views)
Shortcut
Happy TORniversary Gramma [In reply to] Can't Post

I think you were one of the first to welcome me on these boards. I,ve just made it to 11 years of TORn (wow, 11 years!).

One of the TORn quotes most people around me donít get: flying tackle hug! Got some weird looks when I once said it. But I love getting them from you!

I remember our great times in NYC very fondly, meeting Howard Shore and Doug Adams. Seeing the movie with live music. Visiting the Statue of Liberty. And many more amazing things that weekend.

I hope to get to meet you somewhere soon again!

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 11, 8:59pm

Post #54 of 58 (124 views)
Shortcut
You could always intone, [In reply to] Can't Post

"Let the ring bearer decide," and hope for the best...Laugh

Cygnus
Rivendell

Jan 12, 6:33am

Post #55 of 58 (119 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations gramma, you are a true fan! This "You know you're a Tolkien geek" post is my #1 favorite in the short time I've been here. I suspect it always will be.

"I found it is the small things.....everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay.....simple acts of kindness and love." - Gandalf

sherlock
Gondor

Jan 12, 7:47pm

Post #56 of 58 (104 views)
Shortcut
When you name your red car [In reply to] Can't Post

Ruby Gamgee and your dog is Pippin. When you've lost track of how many times you've read the books, listened to the soundtracks and watched the movies, etc etc.

Good to see you, gramma!

Ginger
Lorien

Jan 15, 5:25pm

Post #57 of 58 (66 views)
Shortcut
Happy Torniversary, gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

When a coworker questioned me in 2002 why I was going to see FOTR for the 8th time, I responded a lady on the internet has been at least 30 times.
He said that didn't justify going, but I didn't care.

I still enjoy reading TIME. And I think I told you about going to my niece's wedding in Michigan, and as I was driving I looked for your license plate.

*raises glass* Here's to you, gramma!

Roheryn
Grey Havens

Fri, 2:28am

Post #58 of 58 (25 views)
Shortcut
Happy slightly belated TORniversary, gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not far behind you. Your enthusiastic contribution to these boards over all those years is one of their biggest highlights. I can't imagine TORn without gramma! You know, you were one of the first three posters whose nicks I looked for; your giddy enthusiasm for the movies was contagious, and even back 17 years ago I loved reading everything you had to say. I made my first stab at writing in Elvish to write a tribute to your dear dog Squid after he passed...I'm sure it was cheesy and poorly written, and I remember struggling with translating "squid" into Elvish, but you were the inspiration for that. Getting together with you in person several times has been a stand-out highlight of my TORn life. Thank you for being such an important part of this wonderful place!

And I love your mathoms...I giggled. Guilty of many of those. My contribution: "You know you're a Tolkien geek when...you give your child a Tolkien-related name." Our daughter's middle name is Elanor, and I've made sure she knows why I think it's such a special name.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.