The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit Caption Contest CXV

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 6 2019, 7:23pm

Post #1 of 10 (6822 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Caption Contest CXV Can't Post

What could possibly be going on here? Has Bilbo heard something ... unusual?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 6 2019, 9:50pm

Post #2 of 10 (6778 views)
Shortcut
"Yes I hear you knocking. Do you hear me ignoring?"// [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Cirashala
Valinor

Jan 6 2019, 11:50pm

Post #3 of 10 (6777 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf, are you all right? [In reply to] Can't Post

You've been in the bathroom/loo for an awfully long time...

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

Lissuin
Valinor

Jan 7 2019, 3:01am

Post #4 of 10 (6763 views)
Shortcut
"Is there someone named Thorin at the bottom of that pile? No? Odd." // [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 7 2019, 1:18pm

Post #5 of 10 (6707 views)
Shortcut
"No, we don't need any Shire Scout cookies, thank you!" [In reply to] Can't Post

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage

Cygnus
Lorien

Jan 9 2019, 12:48pm

Post #6 of 10 (6636 views)
Shortcut
While trapped inside the giant's intestine, Bilbo listens to his stomach growl. [In reply to] Can't Post

"I found it is the small things.....everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay.....simple acts of kindness and love." - Gandalf

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jan 10 2019, 12:19am

Post #7 of 10 (6593 views)
Shortcut
Oh oh! Sackville-Bagginses. Ring-time! / [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

StingingFly
Lorien

Jan 10 2019, 12:29am

Post #8 of 10 (6596 views)
Shortcut
"knock, knock"... [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo: "who's there?"
Visitor: "...Precious"
Bilbo: "Precious who?...oh, dear"

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 11 2019, 10:04pm

Post #9 of 10 (6403 views)
Shortcut
Winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I bet Bilbo would happily hoard a few boxes of cookies if he could get his hands on them... Tongue

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 12 2019, 2:00am

Post #10 of 10 (6373 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, Ataahua! [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't really expect to have a winner, but I'll endeavor to find a new, caption-worthy image for the next round.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.