Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Anything You Can Imagine

Legomir
Rivendell

Dec 29 2018, 3:39pm

Post #1 of 2 (774 views)
Shortcut
Anything You Can Imagine Can't Post

Hello all,

I was wondering whether or not anyone had anything to say about the new book about the making of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Anything You Can Imagine by Ian Nathan. While there was definitely a lot in there that I knew already, I love that theres been enough distance now that people are willing to talk more candidly. I was very interested in some of the tensions with the studio, the number of bullets we dodged with the changes they wanted, some of the tensions with (for example), John Rhys-Davies. I also happened to really love that they outlined the rough order of when everything was shot, since that's always interested me.

All in all I thought it was fantastic! But until I got it for Christmas I hadn't even heard of it, and I dont know if it's been brought up on here. TheOneRing comes up several times!

Silmaril
Rohan

Dec 31 2018, 3:40pm

Post #2 of 2 (709 views)
Shortcut
I love the book! [In reply to] Can't Post

I also wondered why there's no review on Torn. The same goes for John Howe's book etc.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.