The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit Caption Contest CXIII

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 19 2018, 2:37pm

Post #1 of 8 (5010 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Caption Contest CXIII Can't Post

Thank you once again to StingingFly for bestowing this honour upon my humble self. Caption away.

Here is a link to the full-sized image.

(This post was edited by Belegdir on Dec 19 2018, 2:40pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 19 2018, 9:59pm

Post #2 of 8 (4971 views)
Shortcut
“Do you remember Rivendell, King Thorin?" [In reply to] Can't Post

"It'll be winter soon. And the trees will still be shedding their leaves, and the Elves will still be playing their harps on the veranda. And they’ll be eating kale and alfalfa sprouts with the last of summer’s cumin vinaigrette. Do you remember the taste of kale?”

“No, Master Burglar. I can't recall the taste of kale, nor the smell of vinaigrette, nor the tra-lal-lallying of elves. THANK AULE!!”

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Cirashala
Valinor

Dec 20 2018, 1:06am

Post #3 of 8 (4943 views)
Shortcut
Thorin? I hate to wake you, but [In reply to] Can't Post

Fili and Kili are running naked in circles around the elves, and we may have another battle on our hands if it keeps up much longer...

Thorin: Mahalu-me turg. I finally got to sleep! Haven't slept this whole dang trilogy! Tell them if they don't quit, I'm grounding them for the rest of their lives!

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

(This post was edited by Cirashala on Dec 20 2018, 1:08am)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Dec 21 2018, 5:49pm

Post #4 of 8 (4767 views)
Shortcut
Thorin, before you go, I've just got to ask one thing... [In reply to] Can't Post

That mithriel shirt, I get to keep that, right?Tongue

Timbo_mbadil
Rivendell

Dec 22 2018, 10:08pm

Post #5 of 8 (4651 views)
Shortcut
And then *he* told me that Balin had told him... Thorin? Thorin, are you even listening? [In reply to] Can't Post

Otherness represents that which bourgeois ideology cannot recognize or accept but must deal with (…)
Robin Wood 2003, p. 49. "Hollywood from Vietnam to Reagan – and beyond". Columbia University Press, New York, Chichester, West Sussex.

StingingFly
Lorien

Dec 22 2018, 11:35pm

Post #6 of 8 (4642 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo: "I hate to say this, but you know how Azog keeps dying and coming back..." [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin: "yes"
Bilbo: "well, he's doing it again"
Thorin: "get me the director"

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 27 2018, 4:29pm

Post #7 of 8 (4478 views)
Shortcut
Winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

This had me chortling off and on all week. Thank Aule indeed. Congratulations!

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 27 2018, 5:49pm

Post #8 of 8 (4473 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks!

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.