The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
LOTR Caption Contest CCII

StingingFly
Lorien

Dec 15 2018, 3:18pm

Post #1 of 10 (3513 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Caption Contest CCII Can't Post

A warm thank you to Loresilme for the nod. That was a great image of the three hunters with lots of clever captions.
Here is a winter scene, just in time for the holidays...though as Gimli would say, "you'll find more cheer in a graveyard"

Cirashala
Valinor

Dec 15 2018, 6:06pm

Post #2 of 10 (3455 views)
Shortcut
Uh, Pippin- that snow is NOT lemonade-flavored! // [In reply to] Can't Post

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

Cygnus
Lorien

Dec 16 2018, 4:00am

Post #3 of 10 (3435 views)
Shortcut
WALKING IN A WINTER WONDER.... how I got myself into this mess.....LAND // [In reply to] Can't Post

WALKING IN A WINTER WONDER....
how I got myself into this mess.....LAND

"I found it is the small things.....everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay.....simple acts of kindness and love." - Gandalf

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Dec 20 2018, 3:24pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 16 2018, 12:14pm

Post #4 of 10 (3401 views)
Shortcut
Frodo realizes to his horror that if Pippin's "Snow Globe" theory is correct Arda is in the same universe as "Jersey Shore". // [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Lissuin
Valinor

Dec 17 2018, 3:40am

Post #5 of 10 (3366 views)
Shortcut
Legolas: 'There is a fell voice on the air!' FV:'Ho ho HO!' Frodo:'A red Wizard! Gandalf, is he good or bad?' Gandalf: 'That, my lad, depends entirely upon you.'/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 17 2018, 3:57am

Post #6 of 10 (3368 views)
Shortcut
Love it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder if Merry and Pippin's raids on Farmer Maggott's crops put them on Santa's naughty list?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Alveric
Lorien

Dec 17 2018, 11:30pm

Post #7 of 10 (3297 views)
Shortcut
it might be spearproof but mithril is rubbish as insulation... [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Dec 18 2018, 12:53am)

Timbo_mbadil
Rivendell

Dec 22 2018, 9:39pm

Post #8 of 10 (2966 views)
Shortcut
Good grief, Gandalf, sneeze into your handkerchief, will you? [In reply to] Can't Post

Otherness represents that which bourgeois ideology cannot recognize or accept but must deal with (…)
Robin Wood 2003, p. 49. "Hollywood from Vietnam to Reagan – and beyond". Columbia University Press, New York, Chichester, West Sussex.

StingingFly
Lorien

Dec 22 2018, 11:28pm

Post #9 of 10 (2952 views)
Shortcut
Winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

Amidst a flurry of responses, Lissuin's takes the gold medal.

May the "red Wizard" pay a special visit to you all this Holiday season!

Lissuin
Valinor

Dec 23 2018, 12:50am

Post #10 of 10 (2945 views)
Shortcut
Ho ho ho! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you, Stinging Fly, and I shall see what screen cap may still be left for us after all this time.

The Red Wizard? I reckon he be good - or at the least rather jolly. Laugh
Merry Christmas, every one! Heart

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.