Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! December 13

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 13 2018, 12:44pm

Post #1 of 5 (1835 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! December 13 Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Walkers!

This is a crazy-busy time of year for many of us. I hope you're holding up and able to enjoy the season and all your preparations. Remember... all of that running around and shopping are mileage! :)

So how are you coming along? What are you doing for activity that translates into miles? You'll be surprised how many things can be transferred into mileage and how much fun it is to see how quickly those miles add up :D

Gandalf, the hobbits and I are travelling the 397 miles from Rivendell to Bag End. We've left Rivendell and had to cross the Ford of Bruinen... which was so hard for Frodo as his old wounds were stirred. But we're finally on our way home.

See you on the Road!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 13 2018, 12:46pm

Post #2 of 5 (1828 views)
Shortcut
Resources to help you on your way :) [In reply to] Can't Post

TORn Walk to Rivendell and Beyond! Resources
For Newbies and the Curious - an explanatory note
FYI - How I track my mileage

If you'd like some help figuring where you are in the charts, I'll be glad to help :) Let me know here, or feel free to pm me. Tally Ho!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Dec 13 2018, 12:47pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 20 2018, 12:48pm

Post #3 of 5 (1746 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! December 20 [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Travellers!

How are you coming along on your Quest? Are you getting some good walking in at the stores and malls with holiday shopping? ;)

What is your favourite way of accumulating mileage? Walks? Housework? Activity at your job? There are so many ways to put those miles under your feet (so to speak ;) Do tell!! Are you following any of the charts, or are you on a Ranger-wander through the wild?

I've been beating up my treadmill, but the weather this past week has been pretty mild. So I've been gathering treelimbs (up to 8" diameter) from the ditch on my road and dragging them to my yard to cut for firewood. County workers have been coming along with branch chainsaws (small saws on an extended arm for reach) and chopping off limbs hanging over the road for the turbine/windmill machinery to get clearance as they come down the road. :( They cut and throw the limbs into the ditch. They did one of my Maple trees in my front yard and dropped it on my newly-built mailbox. They left it broken and moved on down the road. THANKS A BUNCH!

Anyway :) Let us know how you're coming along!

My progress: 30 miles

Gandalf, the hobbits and I are travelling the 397 miles from Rivendell to Bag End. it Frodo is feeling better after his bad spell while crossing Bruinen. We've actually made it as far as where the Stone Trolls are planted ;)

sample

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Dec 20 2018, 12:49pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 27 2018, 11:51am

Post #4 of 5 (1602 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! December 27 [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Walkers!

Here we are standing at the edge of 2018. When we meet again next week, we'll be in a new month of a New Year! Wow... TIME flies ;)

Do you make New Year resolutions? I love the idea of them, and have done them in the past... but nowadays I seem to be setting myself up for disappointment ;) So I keep them simple making them more inspirational than an irritation. Although, one of my resolutions the 2018 was to stick with my Walk to Rivendell and to keep posting... and I'm so happy to find us all here a year later.

I challenge you to make a Walk goal, even if it's just between you and yourself. Keep it in the realm of possibility, but challenging enough to keep you inspired.

Happy New Year all you Road Warriors! Happy Trails and Happy Tales be with you!

My progress 25 miles. Gandalf, the hobbits and I are travelling the 397 miles from Rivendell to Bag End. We're approaching where the Trolls are planted. We're talking about the last time we were there with Strider, but we avoid any discussion on Frodo's injury. He gets pretty quiet when we get close to that part of the tale.

See you on the Road! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 3, 1:54pm

Post #5 of 5 (1233 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! January 3, 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Travellers!

WELCOME TO 2019!!! :D So, how many of you are going to still write 2018 like I always do? *shakes head* I'll get it right by about March!

T'is the season for new beginnings. Perfect for re-setting and trying new things, adding to what you're already doing, or just getting the darn thing started! Do you have any goals? *shudder* "Goals" is one of those trigger-a-cringe words for me. How about "Targets" or "Ice Cream"? Do you have any Ice Cream? *slaver slurp*

I hope however you name your target or ice cream, you have a wonderful year full :D

My Progress: 30
Gandalf, the hobbits and I are travelling the 397 miles from Rivendell to Bag End. We've left the Trollshaws behind and crossed the Last Bridge. We're on our way toward Weathertop, but we've still got quite a while before we get there.

sample

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Jan 3, 1:54pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.