Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Rate the first trailer for Avengers 4!
Poll: Rate the first trailer for Avengers 4!
5: Incredible! Every moment of it was great!
4: Awesome, but lacking something.
3: It was good. Just good, though.
2: Meh. It wasn't anything to write home about.
1: Awful. Could have been so much better.
View Results (17 votes)

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Dec 11 2018, 10:49pm

Post #1 of 11 (3275 views)
Shortcut
Rate the first trailer for Avengers 4! Can't Post

With 1 being "awful", and 5 being "incredible", where does the first teaser trailer for Avengers: Endgame fall on your meter?

CuriousG
Half-elven

Dec 12 2018, 1:00am

Post #2 of 11 (3226 views)
Shortcut
Well, I know they can't give it all away [In reply to] Can't Post

But I didn't get much sense that they were telling us anything either. I think we're expecting them to fight back against Thanos somehow, and I didn't see much evidence of that happening.

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Dec 12 2018, 1:34am

Post #3 of 11 (3222 views)
Shortcut
We didn't even see much evidence of how they're going to fight back [In reply to] Can't Post

Just that Ant-man clearly has something to do with it, otherwise why would Steve and Natasha look so amazed when he shows up?

The Thanos scarecrow, however, was quite a nice touch, and a great nod to the comics. I also really liked seeing Hawkeye's new look; he was always the most boring Avenger to me, but he looks much cooler now - I don't doubt that his family probably got dusted, and that's why he's changed. Seeing that Shuri is among the missing was horrifying to me (but I'm hoping it's fake, and that Marvel is trying to make us think she's dusted, to hide her real role).

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Dec 13 2018, 11:11pm

Post #4 of 11 (3180 views)
Shortcut
suitably vague, but awesome [In reply to] Can't Post

Intriguing, full of questions, and what ifs...

My favorite fannish folks for reviewing trailers and stuff are New Rockstars... they pick apart each detail (hilariously) and make me go "huh!?!?!" a lot.

https://youtu.be/i3R1tNATpMo?t=1

Why the heck is the Guardians ship floating around lost in space with Iron Man and Nebula???????

Nebula is half cyborg, gee... maybe she could save them.

Ant Man tho... just...Ant...Man...

good imagery with the Avengers logo being reassembled.

I think Shuri will be back...

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Dec 13 2018, 11:34pm

Post #5 of 11 (3180 views)
Shortcut
Ant-man should have been dusted, IMO [In reply to] Can't Post

And Wasp should have been left alive.

I presume that Tony and Nebula are trying to get back to Earth; so far I can think of only 3 people who could rescue them: (1) Pepper, who we know from leaked set pics will be taking on the "Rescue" mantle, (2) Captain Marvel, who could run into them on her way to Earth which is incredibly implausible but it's a movie (3) Valkyrie, Korg, and the remaining Asgardian refugees, who we know survived, come across them. Any of these three make sense to me, since it does seem very likely that Valkyrie is coming back.

The logo was very beautiful - loved that.

Only thing I would have wanted would have been a shot of Rhodey, and of Rocket.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Dec 14 2018, 2:45am

Post #6 of 11 (3171 views)
Shortcut
ha [In reply to] Can't Post

I love Ant Man... in the midst of all the Fabulous High Tech Superheroes, he's the ordinary guy who just stumbled into it, and such a hilarious dork. Maybe it's just cause i'm a woman and think he's cute...WinkWinkWink

Annael
Immortal

Dec 14 2018, 4:36pm

Post #7 of 11 (3168 views)
Shortcut
Paul Rudd [In reply to] Can't Post

is just so darn likeable, isn't he?

I was happy to see him in "The Catcher was a Spy," where he played a very different character for once.

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Dec 14 2018, 7:31pm

Post #8 of 11 (3152 views)
Shortcut
haha! About Ant-Man [In reply to] Can't Post

I've read a lot of theories that the Ant-Man who shows up at the end of the trailer is actually a Skrull in disguise. Kevin Feige had said that Skrulls would have a part to play in Avengers 4, so it's not entirely out of the realm of plausibility - and he does seem very insistent on getting into the house.

I can't say I've ever found Ant-Man to be cute. Wasp, yes. Thor, yes. Even Star-Lord. But…Ant-Man? Laugh

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Dec 17 2018, 9:47pm

Post #9 of 11 (3136 views)
Shortcut
Ant-man's gonna save the day! [In reply to] Can't Post

He's got the van with the Quantum tunnel, which is obviously going to play a big part in "Endgame." Nah, he's not a Skrull, but I've read the theory that Secretary Ross IS a Skrull, and I could believe that!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Dec 17 2018, 9:57pm

Post #10 of 11 (3134 views)
Shortcut
Boy, was it INTENSE! [In reply to] Can't Post

Shocked And I got sad & nearly cried over Tony's goodbye to Pepper, even though my rational mind said "he's NOT gonna die HERE!" Almost as heartbreaking is Hawkeye, I figure his wife & kids got snapped/dusted/decimated (take your pick), which pushed him over the edge. Remember in Avengers I where Black Widow explained that Clint was sent to kill her, but made a different call? Maybe she can bring him back, save him in a different way.

And now for the rant: Even though I rated it a 5, I've been kavetching about those sneaky, lying Russo brothers who said the movie wouldn't be called anything mentioned in "Infinity Wars." And then what did they do? They named it Avengers: Endgame - the very word Dr. Strange used to describe their situation in Infinity Wars" "We're in the Endgame now!" Which means that image of Shuri in the trailer could be as fake as the Hulk in the Infinity Wars trailer, and those "leaked" photos of Pepper suited up might also be fakes. GRRRRR!!!!MadMadMad

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Dec 17 2018, 9:59pm

Post #11 of 11 (3133 views)
Shortcut
Oh I know! [In reply to] Can't Post

Not only was the word Endgame used in Infinity Wars, it's been used in every Avengers film, building up for this. The Russo Brothers are sneaky, cunning, conniving, devilish, etc.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.