The Hobbit Caption Contest CXII

StingingFly
Lorien

Dec 10 2018, 9:22pm

Post #1 of 13 (8005 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Caption Contest CXII Can't Post

Many thanks to OS for the nod.

As for this heartwarming image, what could be going on here?
Flaming pine cones...I mean, Captions Away!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 10 2018, 9:26pm

Post #2 of 13 (7962 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf gets a bit OTT with the Christmas decorations. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Cirashala
Valinor

Dec 10 2018, 11:12pm

Post #3 of 13 (7953 views)
Shortcut
Ooohhhh so prett...GAH MY HAND!!! /// [In reply to] Can't Post

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 11 2018, 12:06am

Post #4 of 13 (7947 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf isn't sure how to break it to Fili that a baby Balrogs don't grow on pine cones. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Fereth
Rivendell

Dec 11 2018, 1:06am

Post #5 of 13 (7950 views)
Shortcut
It was then that Gandalf realized [In reply to] Can't Post

That the dwarvish game of "Hot Pinecone" was much more literal than the human equivalent of "Hot Potato".

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 11 2018, 3:59pm

Post #6 of 13 (7894 views)
Shortcut
Try wiping your arse with this Azog! [In reply to] Can't Post

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 11 2018, 10:38pm

Post #7 of 13 (7851 views)
Shortcut
With little to no aforethought Gandalf foolishly demonstrates why he spent a fortnight in the St. Nienna Burn Unit. / [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Dec 11 2018, 10:52pm

Post #8 of 13 (7852 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf is beginning to have second thoughts about starting a fire [In reply to] Can't Post

in a forest while everyone is up a tree. "When will I ever think things through," he laments!Crazy

I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies - this is me!

from The Greatest Showman

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 12 2018, 6:58pm

Post #9 of 13 (7767 views)
Shortcut
"Azog shall never vanquished be, Until Great Burning Wood, Shall hit him in the face." // [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 12 2018, 7:35pm

Post #10 of 13 (7767 views)
Shortcut
Roast cone is a treat that no orc can beat. [In reply to] Can't Post

Cygnus
Lorien

Dec 15 2018, 3:27am

Post #11 of 13 (7558 views)
Shortcut
After 714 years as a minor league pitcher, Gandalf breaks into the big leagues by learning how to throw the heat. // [In reply to] Can't Post

After 714 years as a minor league pitcher, Gandalf breaks into the big leagues by learning how to throw the heat.

"I found it is the small things.....everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay.....simple acts of kindness and love." - Gandalf

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Dec 20 2018, 3:25pm)

StingingFly
Lorien

Dec 19 2018, 2:20am

Post #12 of 13 (7265 views)
Shortcut
Winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

I laugh every time I imagine the look on Azog's face if Gandalf delivers this line!...then Gandalf following that up with a direct hit, and Azog running around on fire...that is one thing PJ and co. did really well, making Azog a truly despicable character who you can't wait to get his comeuppance.

Anyhow, well done, the helm is yours.

"The Balin" 2nd in command award goes to Cygnus, with Gandalf as aspiring baseball pitcher. As the old wizard would say "I suppose you think that was terribly clever"

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 19 2018, 2:15pm

Post #13 of 13 (7200 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

You are too kind. A new caption will appearing shortly.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.