Transition problem between the two trilogies
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

skyofcoffeebeans
Rohan

Dec 9 2018, 8:24pm

Post #51 of 58 (4601 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

I’ve been desperate for a 6-film treatment. I’ll back anyone who can successfully end the series with the Scouring of the Shire as its thematic, character, and plot endpoint / climax.

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Dec 9 2018, 8:36pm

Post #52 of 58 (4599 views)
Shortcut
*high five* Haha, yes, that's what I'm talking about! [In reply to] Can't Post

The 6-film treatment is my ultimate wish, and I desperately hope to make it someday come true.

"Torment in the dark was the danger that I feared, and it did not hold me back. But I would not have come, had I known the danger of light and joy. Now I have taken my worst wound in this parting, even if I were to go this night straight to the Dark Lord."

lurtz2010
Rohan

Dec 9 2018, 8:57pm

Post #53 of 58 (4597 views)
Shortcut
Sure it does [In reply to] Can't Post

FOTR is a long 60 years after BOFA.

Sauron has fled to Mordor and is rebuilding his dark tower, he captures Gollum and learns where the ring is then sends the Nine to hunt it down. It’s setting up a new urgency.

If anything it’s better to differentiate the two trilogies instead of adding stuff to connect them. They’re two different stories set during two time periods.

Chen G.
Gondor

Dec 9 2018, 9:03pm

Post #54 of 58 (4595 views)
Shortcut
Are they? [In reply to] Can't Post

They each have their story elements, but the central conflict is the same: Sauron versus the Free people.

He's revealed to be behind Azog and Smaug in The Hobbit, and he's behind Saruman and the Orcs in The Lord of the Rings.

lurtz2010
Rohan

Dec 9 2018, 9:13pm

Post #55 of 58 (4592 views)
Shortcut
Obviously [In reply to] Can't Post

But the point is that LOTR is about Mordor vs Rohan and Gondor and TH is Dol Guldur vs Erebor.

We don’t need to see Tauriel or Dain or whoever and we don’t need to see how Erebor or the woodland realm are doing in LOTR, their parts in the tale are over.

Chen G.
Gondor

Dec 9 2018, 9:19pm

Post #56 of 58 (4589 views)
Shortcut
I don't know [In reply to] Can't Post

If we do take it as one continuous tale, than you'd want all your main storylines to culminate simultaneously.

I'm not talking a major extension. Tauriel and the like needn't anything more than a few frames, and the War in the North can be covered in two or three quick montages, costing a couple of minutes.

I think it'd be very satisfying as a marathon viewing. It'd also give it even more of a grand scale, and help storylines that felt short-shifted in The Hobbit.

(This post was edited by Chen G. on Dec 9 2018, 9:24pm)

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Dec 9 2018, 9:34pm

Post #57 of 58 (4584 views)
Shortcut
Erebor and the Woodland Realms' storylines don't end in TH! [In reply to] Can't Post

The entire War in the North is a thing, you know, and crucial to the storyline of Lord of the Rings. It is in the books, why shouldn't it be in the movies too?

"Torment in the dark was the danger that I feared, and it did not hold me back. But I would not have come, had I known the danger of light and joy. Now I have taken my worst wound in this parting, even if I were to go this night straight to the Dark Lord."

lurtz2010
Rohan

Dec 9 2018, 9:44pm

Post #58 of 58 (4584 views)
Shortcut
People just need to know that LOTR was made first [In reply to] Can't Post

That settles everything.

In my opinion though watching all 6 together (not that I’ve actually done that) works perfectly as it is with out any added references to events from TH in LOTR.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.