Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*gets keys and unlocks doors* Come on in! Fiesta Friday is here!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 9 2018, 12:48am

Post #51 of 61 (451 views)
Shortcut
"Care Packages" are always so appreciated! [In reply to] Can't Post

There's nothing like a box from home when you're away at school. That's a fun mix you've put together!

I'll never forget when my brother went away to college and my Mom and I made him a birthday cake and put special candles on it - the type that relight when you try to blow them out. Then we packed it in popcorn and sent it, giggling at the thought of him blowing out the candles...not. So what happened when he opened the box? He and his roommates just pulled off the candles without ever lighting them, and gobbled up the cake!

Hey, I see that you finally did find those lights! Where were they hiding?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Dec 9 2018, 1:23am

Post #52 of 61 (446 views)
Shortcut
They come in all shapes and sizes [In reply to] Can't Post

Some are incredibly tiny, and some are gigantic. I don't know who created them, but I've just seen them popping up everywhere this season. There are gnome snowglobes, too, and ceramic gnomes. They're basically round, with big furry beards, noses, and then pointed caps - a very simplistic design, but somewhat adorable, in a weird way!

"Torment in the dark was the danger that I feared, and it did not hold me back. But I would not have come, had I known the danger of light and joy. Now I have taken my worst wound in this parting, even if I were to go this night straight to the Dark Lord."

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Dec 9 2018, 1:27am

Post #53 of 61 (446 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! I'll check out the fabric store tomorrow and look for that [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be nice to do homemade scarves, wouldn't it?

"Torment in the dark was the danger that I feared, and it did not hold me back. But I would not have come, had I known the danger of light and joy. Now I have taken my worst wound in this parting, even if I were to go this night straight to the Dark Lord."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 9 2018, 4:22am

Post #54 of 61 (433 views)
Shortcut
Oh geez... it figures :( [In reply to] Can't Post

Good for you to make sure they were all settled, but it's sad you had to miss the fun. I hope you feel better immediately... if not sooner :)

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 9 2018, 4:27am

Post #55 of 61 (434 views)
Shortcut
Typical students [In reply to] Can't Post

Dive into the food!

I found them out in the open, but out in the garage. *sigh* I wasn't even looking for them at the time. I was getting snow shovels out and *boink* there was the container where I keep them.

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 9 2018, 4:44am

Post #56 of 61 (435 views)
Shortcut
Just make sure you have [In reply to] Can't Post

Fabric shears or at least a very sharp pair of scissors for the cutting. Trying to cut fabric in straight lines with scissors that aren't sharp enough is an exercise in frustration. Also, if the plaid doesnt have its stripes spaced where you want to cut, think about drawing faint lines on the fabric with a ruler and pen before cutting to use as guides. Fabric moves while you cut and having lines to follow helps a lot.

Hope you find something that matches your color scheme perfectly! 😊

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Dec 9 2018, 10:00am

Post #57 of 61 (416 views)
Shortcut
In Scandinavia the gnomes are known as "nisse" // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Dec 9 2018, 4:28pm

Post #58 of 61 (406 views)
Shortcut
Well, my sister beat me to it! [In reply to] Can't Post

This morning I found out she somehow managed to find eleven scarves; the thing is, they're not all the same color, and not plaid, but she likes them.

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Dec 9 2018, 5:33pm

Post #59 of 61 (400 views)
Shortcut
It comes pre-wired with led lights [In reply to] Can't Post

on bare, flexible 'frosted' branches, so you just have to arrange the branches. I don't hang anything on it. It's 1m tall and have it up on the sideboard in front of a picture, so the reflections in the glass give a 'two for the price of one' effect!

Altaira
Superuser

Dec 9 2018, 7:34pm

Post #60 of 61 (395 views)
Shortcut
Where do *I* sign up to be one of your grandkids? [In reply to] Can't Post

I can just imagine how their faces light up when they get your packages. So many amazing goodies! Good on you. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Cirashala
Valinor

Dec 10 2018, 12:34am

Post #61 of 61 (379 views)
Shortcut
Yes it is [In reply to] Can't Post

But have had over 5,000 pages read through Kindle Unlimited (380 Kindle page book) since November 12, so I'm pretty excited about that Laugh Slow, but activity is a good thing Smile

It would be the BEST Christmas present I've ever had, save for the birth of Christ Smile I appreciate your prayers very much-thank you!

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.