The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
LOTR Caption Contest CCI

Loresilme
Valinor

Dec 6 2018, 8:56pm

Post #1 of 14 (4110 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Caption Contest CCI Can't Post

Many thanks to Thor 'n' Oakenshield for the winning nod on the last round, honoring the amazing Cate Blanchett as both Galadriel *and* Hela!
Herewith find the caption for round Two Hundred and One! Tell us what is really going on here.

Caption away!

Cirashala
Valinor

Dec 6 2018, 9:02pm

Post #2 of 14 (4047 views)
Shortcut
It's ok Gimli [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll get you a new axe. Just breathe- that's the key. Breathe.

Therapy Middle-earth style Cool

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

(This post was edited by Cirashala on Dec 6 2018, 9:03pm)

squire
Half-elven

Dec 6 2018, 9:03pm

Post #3 of 14 (4060 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn was stunned... [In reply to] Can't Post

...when his comrades confessed they were actually two droids named R2D2 and C3PO. He agreed to help them in their search of a wise old man who had left his former identity behind, if they would help him with his.

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Archive: All the TORn Reading Room Book Discussions (including the 1st BotR Discussion!) and Footerama: "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
Dr. Squire introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 6 2018, 9:22pm

Post #4 of 14 (4037 views)
Shortcut
"By the power vested in me I now pronounce you husband and wife." "Er, wait. Who's..." "You figure it out." /// [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 6 2018, 9:45pm

Post #5 of 14 (4033 views)
Shortcut
*applause* / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Dec 6 2018, 11:49pm

Post #6 of 14 (4031 views)
Shortcut
*LOL* [In reply to] Can't Post

"Torment in the dark was the danger that I feared, and it did not hold me back. But I would not have come, had I known the danger of light and joy. Now I have taken my worst wound in this parting, even if I were to go this night straight to the Dark Lord."

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 7 2018, 4:49pm

Post #7 of 14 (3975 views)
Shortcut
"Helmets 'r' Us?" / [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Cygnus
Lorien

Dec 8 2018, 6:05pm

Post #8 of 14 (3884 views)
Shortcut
Gimli [In reply to] Can't Post

After an epic round of flatulence, Gimli was so embarressed that he just wanted to disappear. He soon realized that slipping a silver ring on a pony-tail wasn't enough to do the trick.

"I found it is the small things.....everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay.....simple acts of kindness and love." - Gandalf

StingingFly
Lorien

Dec 10 2018, 8:56pm

Post #9 of 14 (3672 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn: "Yes, he called you a 'horrid creature' and 'goblin mutant'...but that was 80 years ago, and he's already apologized" // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 10 2018, 9:27pm

Post #10 of 14 (3664 views)
Shortcut
Did *you* take my last Snickers bar? / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 11 2018, 4:02pm

Post #11 of 14 (3598 views)
Shortcut
You're a good fighter Gimli, but you don't have to do *jazz hands* after every orc you slay. [In reply to] Can't Post

Legolas: Oh no, now Boromir's doing it.

Alveric
Lorien

Dec 13 2018, 4:32pm

Post #12 of 14 (3553 views)
Shortcut
Gimli--don't tell me--you hit 'reply all'??? [In reply to] Can't Post

sador
Half-elven

Dec 14 2018, 6:29am

Post #13 of 14 (3486 views)
Shortcut
Excellent! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Loresilme
Valinor

Dec 14 2018, 10:17pm

Post #14 of 14 (3402 views)
Shortcut
Winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

Over to you for the next round, StingingFly!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.