Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
the Cone of Shame (and other veterinary adventures)

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Nov 21 2018, 9:24pm

Post #1 of 7 (472 views)
Shortcut
the Cone of Shame (and other veterinary adventures) Can't Post

So, who's had to deal with The Cone Of Shame?

My friends rescued some feral kittens, nurtured them, then I somehow said something like "yeah I'll post them and help you find homes"... then... "my two cats are 16 and 17"... then "what color are those kittens?"

Black.

My favorite.

"Gee...I'll take those kittens."

Named, in the year of Marvel's Black Panther, T'Challa and Shuri (they are likely brother and sister).

So they had their vetty visit for neutering and spaying and Shuri is bumbling around the bathroom with The Cone of Shame. It's only been an hour and I'm pretty sure she hates it. Vet tech says "about two weeks..." of Cone of Shame.

Egad. Will we survive?

It does keep her from bumping her wee head on the cabinet and comode and stuff.

Laugh

https://swordwhale.files.wordpress.com/...02.jpg?w=1000&h=

bigger on the inside...

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Ml 'lain nallol, I sl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying... (JRR Tolkien, Legolas Song of the Sea)

Aue, aue,
Te fenua, te mālie
Nā heko hakilia
We know the way
(Te Vaka, Moana soundtrack)

Member of Horse Manure Movers Local 101, Raptor Wranglers & Rehab, and Night Fury Trainers Assoc. Owned by several cats and a very small team of maniacal sled dogs... sorry Radagast, those rabbits were delicious...

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Nov 21 2018, 10:42pm

Post #2 of 7 (451 views)
Shortcut
Oh, my, how beautiful! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tell Shuri it's the Megaphone of Honor.

Annael
Immortal

Nov 22 2018, 3:29am

Post #3 of 7 (430 views)
Shortcut
there are options [In reply to] Can't Post

softer collars or padded rings that keep the pet from licking the wound. If Shuri doesn't adapt, ask your vet about them.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Greenwood Hobbit
Grey Havens

Nov 22 2018, 10:21am

Post #4 of 7 (421 views)
Shortcut
Bless... [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like they've landed on their paws coming to live with you. My daughter's border collie, when he had the snip, did not adapt well to the cone - he kept blundering into everything and looking totally bewildered! The dog she had before him, when wearing the cone after an emergency operation, adapted rather better, being of a more tentative nature. The hardest part is trying not to laugh at them when they do something daft! That would just be adding insult to injury.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 22 2018, 11:36am

Post #5 of 7 (413 views)
Shortcut
Well Kitties... you hit the jackpot! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think you found a treasure of a home and owner (co-inhabitant ;). They're wonderful, swordwhale! The all-black looks like my Mo and the sib looks a lot like my Sis (sister)... both gone but never forgotten.

Good for you! Pets like these KNOW when they've been saved, imho, and usually prove to be the best :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 22 2018, 1:34pm

Post #6 of 7 (407 views)
Shortcut
As long as [In reply to] Can't Post

the Cone does not get in the way of her enjoying some turkey pickin's, you'll all be fine! Laugh

What a handsome pair they are. Giving all of them virtual noogies and ear-scritchies! (My all-black Midnight will bump my hand to insist on getting ear-scritchies...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

sherlock
Gondor

Nov 23 2018, 2:50pm

Post #7 of 7 (393 views)
Shortcut
Great names! [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw a black car the other day with tags that read Wakanda

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.