Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
okay: how about your favorite breed of dog?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: okay: how about your favorite breed of dog?
giant dogs (Newfies, Pyrs, Danes, etc.)
big dogs (retrievers, German shepherds, rotties, etc.)
medium dogs (borders, aussies, boxers, pitties, etc.)
small dogs (Yorkies, chihuahuas, mini-anythings etc.)
all of them
mutts
mostly don't care for dogs but there was this one . . .
other people's dogs
no dogs: I'm allergic
no dogs, period
View Results (22 votes)

Annael
Half-elven

Nov 28 2018, 5:04pm

Post #26 of 29 (693 views)
Shortcut
my dad's in a men's debating group [In reply to] Can't Post

One of the men, who fancies himself a theologian, gave a talk on the soul once. At the end, he was asked if animals have souls. "No, only humans do," he said.

"Obviously you have never owned a Golden retriever," was the rebuttal.

(This post was edited by Annael on Nov 28 2018, 5:04pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 28 2018, 6:14pm

Post #27 of 29 (682 views)
Shortcut
Yep [In reply to] Can't Post

Only be sure that you eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and you may not eat the life with the flesh.
-Deuteronomy 12:23

In the original Hebrew "life" in this passage is "nefesh", which is the animating soul of both human and animal. Therefore eating the blood of an animal (or human for that matter) would be eating its soul.

QED, animals got souls.

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Dec 1 2018, 4:25am

Post #28 of 29 (468 views)
Shortcut
I like all the dogs. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, except that spitz who bit me on the hand as I was taking him out of his kennel. But it was at the vet's so he was having a bad day.

Mostly I like big dogs. Labs, Goldens, Newfs, Pyrenees, Malinois, Swiss Mountain Dogs, Mastiffs, etc.

But I like little dogs, too. Bostons, Rat terriers, Cairns, well, okay, any terrier, Schipperke, Keeshond, Brussels Griffon.

Being a veterinary technician in a previous life, I got to meet all these dogs and more. Dream job! Laugh

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Dec 13 2018, 11:53pm

Post #29 of 29 (280 views)
Shortcut
I have to qualify all of them with... [In reply to] Can't Post

I am really a Big Dog person

but the Siberian Huskies found me and won't let go...

I was once given a 16 pound Schipperke who was so butt kicking, I hooked him up with the big dogs... I will never underestimate a little dog again (he literally pulled more than his weight sledding and bike-joring).

I have met too many Australian Cattle Dawgs (aka blue heelers) to not want one... a cattle dog and a husky, that'd be good...

I adore Newfs. I just adore them. I donn't know if I could have one with all the slobber and grooming.

Same with Samoyeds.

I also adore sighthounds, had a brindle whippet who was amazing. They are like cats with very long noses...

My cousin keeps pibbles, and I adore those, they get such a bad rep (because humans are dumb)... they are made of sugar and melt in the rain tho (Finley told me so), and need coats and booties and things to go out in the cold.

I've known a few Belgian Malenois and there's a focused, intense, sharp smart breed.

Some of my best huskies have been mixes: a Shepherd/Sibe, a Lab/Sibe/gawdknowswhat (big, black and hairy) and several "Siberians" that were likely part something else.

And I must give a shout out to Starbuck, who was half Golden retriever, probably part Siberian, and something else... he looked like Chewbacca...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.