Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
What are your favorite collectibles?

Cygnus
Rivendell

Nov 15, 10:58pm

Post #1 of 15 (1840 views)
Shortcut
What are your favorite collectibles? Can't Post

I really only have one serious collectible item. I bought Anduril from United Cutlery in Sept of 2016. They make other swords and weapons from the movies but I have resisted buying any more so far. Other than that, all I have is all 6 movies, 2 posters, 2 books, a Gandalf shirt and a 2019 calender. I bet you folks have a ton of stuff. Since listing them all may be a bit much , what are your favorites?

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." - Gandalf

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Lorien

Nov 15, 11:54pm

Post #2 of 15 (1801 views)
Shortcut
Good question! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've got 6 movies + all of the Art Of The Hobbit books, by Daniel Falconer (if you don't have those, check them out!), Middle-earth: From Script To Screen, which is a massive compendium of knowledge about PJ's Lord of the Rings, I've got Alan Lee's Lord of the Rings Sketchbook, which is a very fun book. I've got some Lord of the Rings Funko Pops, and a large collection of Lego Lord of the Rings minifigures, and Hobbit minifigures too.
And, while I don't know if it counts as a collectible, I've got a personal treasure; a postcard from John Howe, one of the Art Directors on both trilogies. I sent him a drawing I had done of Erebor and Dale, that was quite good, and he actually wrote back to me, which was a huge shock because his website specifically says he doesn't usually reply to letters. So that is something I will always cherish.

I do not, however, have any swords or other weapons from the movies - if I had to choose one, I would try to find a replica of Legolas' Mirkwood bow. I'm an Elf at heart.

"Torment in the dark was the danger that I feared, and it did not hold me back. But I would not have come, had I known the danger of light and joy. Now I have taken my worst wound in this parting, even if I were to go this night straight to the Dark Lord."

priell3
Lorien

Nov 16, 1:44am

Post #3 of 15 (1792 views)
Shortcut
Only one... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I have a Narsil replica that I bought from someone many years ago.

I have a varied collection of the many books, all of the movies, audio books and soundtracks. I have a miniature Isildur around here somewhere.

MikeP

AshNazg
Gondor

Nov 16, 2:10am

Post #4 of 15 (1795 views)
Shortcut
I really recommend the letter openers... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have an Orcrist letter opener, which I ordered because it was relatively cheap. Didn't look like much online, but fell in love with it when I got it, surprisingly cool item, nice weight to it, lovely details. Excellent value for money. I want to get Herufang next :)

On top of that I have all the EE statues plus the angry Gollum bookend. I have a Ringwraith statue, Kilis Rune stone and want to get the pouch of dwarven coins sometime.

I also have a stack of books too big to list, it includes things like all the film magazines with hobbit articles,a middle earth atlas signed by john howe. A bunch of other things, some of them really cool.

My dream collectible, would be the eagle vs nazgul statue. Also want Minas Morgul, to sit with my Minas Tirith bookend.

Cygnus
Rivendell

Nov 16, 4:04am

Post #5 of 15 (1781 views)
Shortcut
Jealousy [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe I shouldn't have started this thread. Now I'm going to want all of this stuff.....but don't stop.....I want to hear more!

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." - Gandalf

Cygnus
Rivendell

Nov 16, 4:20am

Post #6 of 15 (1778 views)
Shortcut
Different thread [In reply to] Can't Post

Woops, just discovered the Gaming & Collecting section. I probably should have put this there. I'll get better with this stuff in time. Feel free to tell at me if I mess up. I take constructive criticism well.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 16, 6:07am

Post #7 of 15 (1769 views)
Shortcut
I moved it for you. [In reply to] Can't Post

and left a "moved post" marker so anyone looking for it on Main will be sent here.

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

FrodoEyes
Rivendell

Nov 16, 7:30pm

Post #8 of 15 (1709 views)
Shortcut
Lots of statues! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a room full of Weta and Sideshow/Weta statues, busts and environments. My first was a statue of Bilbo stood on a barrel as he gives his farewell speech, and my most recent is the Eomer on steed statue.

I also have the one ring and chain by Jens Hansen, who made the ring for the films.

'I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.'
'So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

AshNazg
Gondor

Nov 18, 10:58pm

Post #9 of 15 (1613 views)
Shortcut
Would love to see pics if you can? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd share pics of my modest collection, but TORn's image guidelines confuse me. Unsure

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 19, 1:15am

Post #10 of 15 (1604 views)
Shortcut
An easy way to share photos [In reply to] Can't Post

is to load them onto a photos site, such as imgur, and post links to them in your TORN message. :)

But if you have any specific 'how to' questions, feel free to ask on the Feedback board - the board members are happy to help out.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

CuriousG
Half-elven

Nov 20, 1:43am

Post #11 of 15 (1485 views)
Shortcut
I've been tempted to buy replicas of the Three Rings [In reply to] Can't Post

mainly because they absolutely fascinated me on my first read of LOTR, and the memory of that fascination hasn't dimmed.

But I know that if I did buy them, after the initial wonder I'd just stick them in a drawer and forget about them (I'd be as bad a Ringkeeper as Bomabdil, in that respect). Having DVDs of the movies makes more sense--I can rewatch them plus all the extras whenever I want.

AshNazg
Gondor

Nov 21, 1:53am

Post #12 of 15 (1322 views)
Shortcut
You could wear them... [In reply to] Can't Post

If you don't like wearing rings, you could put them on a chain as a necklace or hang them decoratively in the house.

You can buy a jewellery tree shaped like the tree of Gondor online. It would look great draped with the three rings... and surrounded by a few statues... protected by a sword... or two. Evil

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Nov 21, 1:54am)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 21, 2:07pm

Post #13 of 15 (1260 views)
Shortcut
I've been collecting since 1971 [In reply to] Can't Post

I've got quite a bit, but I will say my books are my most cherished... beginning with the original 3 LotR dog-eared copies I still exclusively read from.

I have several of the Sideshow/Weta statues, props and environs. LOVE the hobbit-hole environs. :D

Here's an out-dated list of my collectibles posted in 2012, but they're definitely incomplete. I'm hoping to update the lists during this winter ;) :

Hobbit Books List that needs to have my most recent addition of a 1937/38 1st edition 2nd state of The Hobbit and a hand-made personalized copy of The Hobbit replicating the one depicted in The Hobbit film.

And being really nuts, there are several posts one after another of the large-part of my collectibles as of 2010; but they REALLY need updating ;) The posts start here
Hoarder on Collectibles with additional lists attached... just scroll down the responses to find the links.

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Saruman
The Shire

Nov 24, 9:33pm

Post #14 of 15 (953 views)
Shortcut
I'm a big collector [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a lot of collectibles that I treasure. My favorites are my Sideshow Saruman Premium Format Exclusive statue, the Staff of Saruman from the Hobbit movies, my small Tudor Mint Myth and Magic collection (the series that came on concurrently with the films. I have Saruman, Merry & Theoden, Boromir, and Faramir), and lastly my David Wenzel commission of Saruman. There are more that I'm forgetting, I'm sure. I met Elijah Wood once and have a picture with him, and met Billy Boyd around four times and got his autograph on a Pippin photo.

I've been collecting since the films came out. I have way too many of the LotR action figures MIB. Lol.

"I have seen it..."

AshNazg
Gondor

Nov 27, 3:24am

Post #15 of 15 (743 views)
Shortcut
Just found out the coins were on sale... [In reply to] Can't Post

The dwarven coins I want were in the black friday sale and they're now out of stock Frown they would have been a great stocking filler. I guess it's chocolate coins again this year. Mad

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.