Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Prayers for california

Bwonder
The Shire

Nov 10, 5:00pm

Post #1 of 8 (400 views)
Shortcut
Prayers for california Can't Post

send some very needed prayers up for California, these wildfires have destroyed so many people's homes, even people's lives, they need all the help they can get.

(This post was edited by Bwonder on Nov 10, 5:12pm)

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Lorien

Nov 10, 5:16pm

Post #2 of 8 (366 views)
Shortcut
They're in my thoughts [In reply to] Can't Post

My heart goes out to them, in this time of tragedy.

"Torment in the dark was the danger that I feared, and it did not hold me back. But I would not have come, had I known the danger of light and joy. Now I have taken my worst wound in this parting, even if I were to go this night straight to the Dark Lord."

Greenwood Hobbit
Grey Havens

Nov 11, 4:56pm

Post #3 of 8 (349 views)
Shortcut
Seems like these wildfires [In reply to] Can't Post

have reached a whole new level of viciousness. Can't imagine how terrible it must be to have to face them.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 12, 11:46am

Post #4 of 8 (337 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Three at once with so many trapped. The winds are supposed to ease by Tuesday... a lifetime away! Prayers...

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Nov 13, 12:00am

Post #5 of 8 (321 views)
Shortcut
Yes, yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

Shocking how quickly it took hold. I guess the Santa Ana winds played a big part. Frown

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Nov 14, 2:21pm

Post #6 of 8 (272 views)
Shortcut
and no easy solution [In reply to] Can't Post

blessings to all the emergency responders and firefighters, and all the others on the ground helping, fighting, making a difference... down to the guys rescuing lost cats.

I can't even imagine the awfulness of the whole situation...

Not only horrible devastation of human lives and property, but entire ecosystems, wildlife, pets and livestock. While you can usually throw your cats and dogs in the car, not everyone has enough trucks and trailers to transport livestock, they just opened the gates and prayed.

Not to mention traffic jams and people simply having to abandon cars and run. Or being over-run by the fire.

Not sure what the solutions are, but we need to address climate change yesterday, perhaps not build/develop many places, use the best science in deciding how to manage forests, and control our own human population.

bigger on the inside...

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Ml 'lain nallol, I sl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying... (JRR Tolkien, Legolas Song of the Sea)

Aue, aue,
Te fenua, te mālie
Nā heko hakilia
We know the way
(Te Vaka, Moana soundtrack)

Member of Horse Manure Movers Local 101, Raptor Wranglers & Rehab, and Night Fury Trainers Assoc. Owned by several cats and a very small team of maniacal sled dogs... sorry Radagast, those rabbits were delicious...

Cygnus
Rivendell

Nov 16, 6:01pm

Post #7 of 8 (258 views)
Shortcut
So sad [In reply to] Can't Post

It's just so sad to watch this death count continue to rise. That would be an unimaginably horrible way to die.

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." - Gandalf

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 30, 12:06pm

Post #8 of 8 (97 views)
Shortcut
Now the sad aftermath... [In reply to] Can't Post

The devastation of the fires has led to horrible mud slides with the very needed rain they've had this past week. So many lives lost and homes, businesses, towns lost. Prayers.

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.