Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Avengers 4 Theory Thread!

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rivendell

Oct 29, 4:39pm

Post #1 of 16 (440 views)
Shortcut
Avengers 4 Theory Thread! Can't Post

Come here to discuss what will happen in the final installment of the Marvel Avengers franchise! I'll start out with a theory that Hela (Cate Blanchett) is coming back in Avengers 4, and that Thor will have to enter her realm, Hel, possibly with Valkyrie and Rocket Raccoon, to raise the armies of the dishonorable dead against Thanos. The thought of Hela in battle against Thanos is so awesome to me, I just love this theory.
Or there's one theory that Doctor Strange sent the Time Stone forward in time (but not in space), before giving it to Thanos, so that Tony will find it on the planet Titan and use it as the foundation for a new Infinity Gauntlet that he will build with the help of Shuri in Wakanda. It is also to be hoped that Shuri takes up the mantle of her temporarily dead brother and becomes the Black Panther at least for the duration of Avengers 4.
Share other theories here!

"Torment in the dark was the danger that I feared, and it did not hold me back. But I would not have come, had I known the danger of light and joy. Now I have taken my worst wound in this parting, even if I were to go this night straight to the Dark Lord."

Kilidoescartwheels
Tol Eressea

Oct 29, 8:41pm

Post #2 of 16 (400 views)
Shortcut
There's a video on YouTube [In reply to] Can't Post

which I don't know if I can find, but the guy doesn't believe time travel will be in A4. Instead, he thinks the "microverse" that Ant-Man is stuck in will play a part. He mentions the jacket Janet Van Dyne is wearing when Hank finds her - where'd she get that? AND as they are leaving, for a brief moment you can see a domed city in the background. I think he's onto something.

As I already mentioned, I don't believe Loki is masquerading as Bruce Banner. I think that (based on an A4 concept art) the Hulk won't come out because he's never been defeated before. Somehow he'll realize he can't beat Thanos without Bruce, and vice-versa, so they merge into some kind of Dr. Hulk being. Where that will go, I have no idea. Also, I think Capt. Marvel isn't currently on Earth; she's either somewhere in the Quantum realm (where she can rescue Ant-Man) or on the Kree homeworld. Anyway, I think that since they made such a big deal out of the "time vortex" in "Ant-Man & the Wasp" that time travel of some form will be in A4. Whether it's Dr. Strange sending the Timestone forward (if so, then what did Thanos end up using?), or just going back & getting some of the stones to rebuild the Infinity gauntlet I don't know, but there are set photos that look like the first Avengers fight in New York, so it's possible. Of course, they could also be a red herring, darn those Russo brothers!

I already mentioned my friend's theory that Dr. Strange put Thanos in a trance, and Thanos just thinks he won. I don't know how you could make a movie out of that, though....Crazy I like the idea of Shuri being "Black Panther," maybe she can team up with Pepper and go "Rescue" a few people, LOL!Cool

I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies - this is me!

from The Greatest Showman

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rivendell

Oct 29, 9:23pm

Post #3 of 16 (394 views)
Shortcut
The Quantum Realm theory is a good one [In reply to] Can't Post

It ties into the Micronauts, a group of Marvel superheroes who are basically all extremely tiny; since I think the rights to them are owned by others, I don't think Marvel can use that name for them, but they could find a way around that easily. I hope that, if they do exist, then they dress like Janet did when she came out of the Quantum Realm. Very cool outfit she had on, and a wicked-looking spear.
There are not just set photos that seem to confirm a Battle of New York setting, but also a Captain America: Civil War setting too, with Scarlett Johansson's stunt double seen wearing the same outfit from the Lagos battle in that movie.

"Torment in the dark was the danger that I feared, and it did not hold me back. But I would not have come, had I known the danger of light and joy. Now I have taken my worst wound in this parting, even if I were to go this night straight to the Dark Lord."

CuriousG
Half-elven

Oct 30, 10:56am

Post #4 of 16 (371 views)
Shortcut
Reliability of set photos [In reply to] Can't Post

I don’t know about the Russo brothers, but I know that on “The Walking Dead” they had so many people spying on the set that they deliberately filmed the death of every major character just to throw people off the scent of who would or wouldn’t die next. That tactic makes me a little skeptical about other popular franchises too.

That said, I keep thinking a lot has to revolve around Dr Strange and something he did that we don’t know about. He spent that time exploring different timelines and the outcomes of what would happen in their fight against Thanos, so I think he found one scenario where Thanos could appear to win but ultimately lost, and I’d expect some sort of time manipulation to be part of it.

And for anyone who remembers “Dallas”: maybe it was all just Pam Ewing’s dream, and no one really died. :)

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rivendell

Oct 30, 1:11pm

Post #5 of 16 (358 views)
Shortcut
The Russo Brothers are very cunning [In reply to] Can't Post

As anybody who follows them on social media knows. The picture they posted entitled Aftermath of Oblivion of Eternity, for instance, which was really vague, or the black-and-white picture of what looks like a half-assembled room with the caption "Look hard". Somebody said that in the latter picture they could see the words Endgame spelt out through things like rafters and door-frames - I could see nothing of the sort, honestly. But some suggested the title of Avengers 4 might be "Avengers Disassembled" because of that pic. And then (in an event that seemed way too planned out) Mark Ruffalo apparently called it "The Last Avenger". "Avengers: Annihilation" was also thrown around. As for the set photos, some of them must be fake. We have pics of RDJ with completely white-blond hair; Thor with long blond hair again; Pepper in Rescue form, etc. We have reports that Tessa Thompson (Valkyrie, from Thor Ragnarok) was doing filming with them in Atlanta, along with Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Paul Rudd, etc. Lots of deception going on, I'm sure.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 30, 2:30pm

Post #6 of 16 (348 views)
Shortcut
They're also very generous :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Joe Russo did a lecture at my g'son's Iowa University campus last spring. He's an alum who still spends time with students. In fact, he stayed for quite a while after the lecture to talk with film students (my g'son among them) giving them guidance and encouragement.

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rivendell

Oct 30, 4:41pm

Post #7 of 16 (339 views)
Shortcut
That's so cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

The Russos do seem to be pretty nice people, despite the fact that they can so easily kill their characters and break our hearts. I think they actually just opened a restaurant, strangely enough.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 7, 3:01pm

Post #8 of 16 (139 views)
Shortcut
I've had a lot of thoughts on this [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm just going to throw them out here... gramma ramblings...

There are a lot of pieces I'm looking at:

I think Janet van Dyne and Ava/Ghost will be pivotal in resolving this quantum conundrum. Dr. Foster/Bill will step in to help along with Ava, and they and could team up with Erick Selvig... if he's still around. I think Ghost will find Scott in his predicament by sensing/receiving vibes from Janet.

Janet had told Hank Pym that she had evolved from her experience in the quantum realm, which is where I think the souls of those who vanished have gone. Janet connected with both Scott and Ava. We know she was able to create an "antenna" with Scott, and that she stabilized Ava who had seemed to be more in the quantum realm than in our reality. I think they're all connected now.

I also think that Jarvis is going to come forward. Vision is messed up, but Jarvis may be intact. I think he can be restored to a degree because he is connected to the influences/elements of Tony, Bruce Banner, and Ultron... as pointed out by Bruce Banner. "Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays – Jarvis, Ultron, the stone [Tony/Banner?] all learning from one another... all mixed together..." A lot of Vision left after the stone was gone.

P'raps Shuri was able to make it possible for Jarvis to survive while she was quickly working on the stone before the baddies broke in. I think the survivors will be seen carrying Vision's body back to Shuri from the field. She'll have him placed back on that table where she'll continue her work in disconnecting him from where the stone was affixed. He won't have the power the stone gave him, but Jarvis could evolve. IIRC Vision started phasing when Thanos arrived at Wakanda. He's already connected to both sides... like Ava.

AND I believe Bruce will be part of the recovery of the lost souls. There's a reason why Heimdall chose to save Hulk/Bruce of everyone on the ship. He "sees" things and probably foresaw the Hulk's purpose/intervention. There's also a reason why the Hulk refuses to surface... like he's waiting for the right destined time. And I think it will involve Tony. Dr. Strange has foreseen the one way for Thanos to be stopped that is through Tony... the one person Thanos said he respected... besides Gamora. There's a reason why both Tony and Bruce were spared and huge sacrifices were made for them. Heimdall saved Bruce... Strange saved Tony. They are the key. Maybe that's why the Hulk doesn't surface. The world needs Bruce Banner more.

Did Loki and Dr. Strange really give up pure/actual stones? I don't think they'd do it without some sort of manipulation to keep the stones within reach. Yes the stones performed, but do they have a back door that Loki/Strange attached to the stone? Or a homing device? I think the idea that Strange sent the stone into the future is great and plausible.

AND then there's Ross/Freeman (connection w/Shuri-Wakanda) and Sharon Carter possibly working on lost Fury/Hill... bringing on and resolving the feud with Secretary of State Ross and the Avengers. We don't even know what Captain Marvel will bring to the mix.

There has to be a way for each faction to come together. At least: Tony and Bruce from The Avengers; Scott, Ava, Bill, Janet from Ant-Man; Nebula from Guardians; Valkyrie and Eric Selvig from Thor; Shuri from Black Panther; Tony crossover from Spiderman; Bruce and Tony from Iron Man & The Hulk.

*puff, pant* My brain hurts...

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rivendell

Nov 7, 3:20pm

Post #9 of 16 (136 views)
Shortcut
Incredible! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think you might be onto something - I wondered if Ghost could have a larger role to play. When Scott gets trapped in the Quantum Realm, he mentions "our ghost friend", I believe, implying that she's still around. I could also see Janet having an important part. And I would be very surprised if Loki and Strange hadn't both manipulated the Stones they had. The Space Stone, at least, could have been used to teleport the real Loki away from danger, while an illusion of him remained.Give your brain a rest: you may have cracked the Marvel Code!

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rivendell

Nov 8, 1:22am

Post #10 of 16 (117 views)
Shortcut
The Ancient One [In reply to] Can't Post

according to reports, will also have a brief but crucial role in Avengers 4, possibly giving Dr Strange some important insight into the future. With so many characters confirmed for this movie, it will be amazing to see how they all get screentime. The more I look at it, the more I love your theory, grammaboodawg - so much detail, and so well-constructed. I've got my fingers crossed that the characters dusted in Infinity War will have their own storyline going on in Avengers 4 (either as they try to escape the Soul Stone, or as somebody tries to free them: if it were Bruce Banner, Ghost, and Dr. Foster, perhaps with the help of Vision, I would be mightily glad).

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Thu, 1:07pm

Post #11 of 16 (108 views)
Shortcut
Ancient One [In reply to] Can't Post

I just love this character. I get emotional when she's talking to Strange before she passes on as she reaches over and holds his hand. Such a Human thing to do... but I wonder if she's connecting with him in other ways that makes it possible for her to be there. I'm also impressed that Strange recognizes right away that Mordo was going to be a problem. From her response, she's known for a long time he would be. When he reacts to finding out she uses the dark side power (to fight the dark side), her expression is "Oh crud... here it comes."

I also wonder if Mordo would find his way to Thanos since they both have twisted philosophies of balance. Thanos thinks there are too many beings to support and Mordo thinks there's an imbalance of Wizards: "Because I see, at long last, what's wrong with the world. Too many sorcerers."

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rivendell

Thu, 2:12pm

Post #12 of 16 (101 views)
Shortcut
I love her character too [In reply to] Can't Post

And I'm also very hopeful that Mordo comes back - if not in Avengers 4, then certainly in Dr Strange 2. His hunt to wipe out all magic could bring him to an encounter with Wanda. That would be quite interesting.

Loresilme
Valinor

Thu, 6:10pm

Post #13 of 16 (89 views)
Shortcut
A link to x-men mutants theory-speculative spoilers [In reply to] Can't Post

Speculative spoilers abound here:

In this YT video, it's mentioned that Wanda's (Scarlet Witch's) powers are not explained in great detail other than having to do with experimentation with the mind stone.

A commenter in the Comments section then proposes that Wanda is going to be revealed as a mutant, not enhanced. That her ability was innate and triggered by the mind stone, and that is why all of Strucker's other test subjects died except for Wanda and her twin brother Pietro, because only they had the mutant X gene. They go on to posit that since the mind stone was part of the snap, it will be the snap that then triggers/ unlocks the dormant mutant X gene everywhere. So that's how the crossover will take place and mutants will be introduced into the MCU.

Neat theory Wink!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isSyuitqyl4

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rivendell

Thu, 6:22pm

Post #14 of 16 (86 views)
Shortcut
That is interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

And totally plausible, since Marvel now owns X-Men and will be bringing that over into the MCU. The Scarlet Witch link to X-Men is, of course, so clear that it would be a shame if they didn't make use of it. I think they will.Also hoping that Rogue is introduced via Captain Marvel 2, and Storm in Black Panther 2.

Loresilme
Valinor

Thu, 6:30pm

Post #15 of 16 (84 views)
Shortcut
So many more characters! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll need a spreadsheet to keep track of them Laugh

(This post was edited by Loresilme on Thu, 6:31pm)

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rivendell

Thu, 10:46pm

Post #16 of 16 (66 views)
Shortcut
That's sometimes how I feel too! [In reply to] Can't Post

With the X-Men and Fantastic 4 entering Marvel, we're going to have a surge of new faces like nothing you've seen before. Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Jubilee, Iceman, Beast, Rogue, Gambit, Forge, Cassandra Nova, Emma Frost, Mystique, Angel, Bishop, Sunspot, Psylocke, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Professor X, Magneto, Sabertooth, Northstar, Mr Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Johnny Storm, The Thing, Doctor Doom, the list goes on and on!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.