Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Middle-earth TV Series Discussion:
Would the new show use the Hobbit's Dwarves?

Wainrider
Bree

Oct 20, 5:25pm

Post #1 of 4 (704 views)
Shortcut
Would the new show use the Hobbit's Dwarves? Can't Post

So these threads made me realize that, in light of the relatively short time period they are working on, and need for lots of characters and story plots, maybe they will have part of the show focus on the Dwarves?

After all, Dwarves were in many locations in Western Middle earth, the Blue mountians, Iron hills, Erebor, etc. They could even tie in Dwarves from the Hobbit movies due to their longer life spans, and that would maybe draw some fans, if there are any that like the Hobbit movies that don't have Amazon prime.

Belegdir
Lorien

Oct 20, 5:46pm

Post #2 of 4 (695 views)
Shortcut
I think it's safe to say, probably not. [In reply to] Can't Post

While they may use them as anchor points for certain stories, I doubt they'd be more than secondary characters in this series. They'll have all new dwarves that may be related in some way.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 20, 7:01pm

Post #3 of 4 (687 views)
Shortcut
Dwarves in the series. [In reply to] Can't Post

If each season of the show is treated as a stand-alone arc then one could focus primarily on the Dwarves of Erebor (maybe even Balin's doomed attempt to recolonize Moria). Even if the entire series remains focused on Aragorn, it is reasonable to conjecture that his travels could have taken him to Dale and the Lonely Mountain where he might have encountered one or more of the former companions of Thorin Oakenshield.

"For a brief time I was here; and for a brief time I mattered." - Harlan Ellison

InTheChair
Lorien

Oct 26, 5:24pm

Post #4 of 4 (504 views)
Shortcut
Be very surprised if a ME series did not have Elves, Dwarves and Orcs. [In reply to] Can't Post

Dwarves almost certainly.

Hobbits is more questionable, but I don't doubt they could work a hobbit companion in there if they wanted it.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.