Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! September 27

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 27, 10:10pm

Post #1 of 6 (1632 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! September 27 Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Walkers!

We are solidly into fall here in the Northern Hemisphere with the geese flying south and the trees turning colours. How are you coming along on your Quests? Do you have a target or a goal? Let us know how you're doing :D

I'm still digging holes and completing as many outside projects as possible! Most involve a shovel ;)

Hang in there!

My Progress: 31 miles
Cumulated 890 of 1,625 total miles for the entire Minas Tirith to Bag End journey (397 miles from Isengard to Rivendell). The Company and I continue our ride from Isengard to Rivendell.

See you on the Road!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

noWizardme
Valinor

Sep 28, 5:39pm

Post #2 of 6 (1545 views)
Shortcut
It's happy New Year from my version of M-e [In reply to] Can't Post

2 Yule/Jan. 1 – Nt. 8 "another snowcapped peak lies to the east".(115 miles out of Rivendell, or 186 miles from Bag End)

There's been a lot of fine and bright autumn weather in Oxfordshire, and it's been lovely to be out walking in it when I can.

~~~~~~
"Go down to the shovel store and take your pick." Traditional prank played on dwarves when they start down the mine.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 28, 5:47pm

Post #3 of 6 (1544 views)
Shortcut
Well Done! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad you're able to enjoy the wonderful weather and are not dealing with those snow-capped mountains ;)

Hang in there!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 4, 2:20pm

Post #4 of 6 (1448 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! [In reply to] Can't Post

How are you coming along on your Quests? One step (or weed or bike ride or... ;) will get you there!

We're into full FALL mode here in Michigan. The trees are lighting up with colour and the temps are taking a dive. The GOOD thing is the mosquitoes do not like cooler weather! :D *happy dance* I'm still working on outside projects, so no mosquitoes is a treat!

Do tell how you're coming along and what you're favourite mileage-gathering activity is :D

See you on the Road!

My Progress: 33 miles
Cumulated 923 of 1,625 total miles for the entire Minas Tirith to Bag End journey (397 miles from Isengard to Rivendell). The Company and I continue our ride from Isengard to Rivendell. We finally made it to the region of Hollin and are following the Moria road.

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 12, 2:49am

Post #5 of 6 (1309 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! October 11 [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome Fellow Travellers!

Here we are meeting on the Road again :) How are you coming along? It's the time of year all over the world where the weather is changing from this to that. I'm finally getting the cooler weather where I'm about 5 steps out the door when I realize I have to go back and grab my coat! That's okay, though. The colour show going on in the trees around me are well worth it!

How about you? Do tell about your Quest!

My Progress: 35 miles
Cumulated 958 of 1,625 total miles for the entire Minas Tirith to Bag End journey (397 miles from Isengard to Rivendell). The Company and I continue our ride from Isengard to Rivendell following the Moria road.

See you on the Road!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 18, 1:22pm

Post #6 of 6 (1124 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! October 18 [In reply to] Can't Post

Herewe are planted solidly in the middle of October. The trees are aflame with colour here in Michigan, but the high winds will knock the leaves off their branches way too fast! The cooler temps are definitely inviting as I finish up my outdoor/cleaning projects and get in some extra walks on my 4-mile around-the-block jaunts.

How are you coming along? Are you decorating your yard for Halloween? Raking leaves? I have about 15 wheel-barrow loads of black walnuts to rake up. Prolific trees this year *sigh*

Do tell how you're doing and where you're headed off to!

My Progress: 32 miles
Cumulated 990 of 1,625 total miles for the entire Minas Tirith to Bag End journey (397 miles from Isengard to Rivendell). The Company and I said farewell to Galadriel, Celeborn, and others as they parted from us to return to Lórien. Although, the hobbits and I choked up when we turned to see the flash of Galadriel’s ring. Those of us in the remaining Company head for the Redhorn Gate and then Rivendell.

See you on the Road! *waves fondly*

sample

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Oct 18, 1:30pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.