The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
I think this is how it works.

manofmordor
The Shire

Oct 17 2018, 7:45pm

Post #1 of 10 (5396 views)
Shortcut
I think this is how it works. Can't Post

I post on here. Get replies. Is that how discussions on this wbesite work?

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 17 2018, 8:42pm

Post #2 of 10 (5356 views)
Shortcut
Yep! [In reply to] Can't Post

(And then a friendly admin comes by and nudges your post from the Movie Board to the Feedback Board, which is where queries like this are best placed. Smile)

If you click on "View Threaded" in the upper right corner, you'll see a list of just the subject lines of all the replies. Any that are indented, are replies to those replies...sort of like a tree. Take a look at some of the longer threads, and you can see what I mean.

Do you have a question that's Movie-related or Reading Room (the Books) related? Then post it on the appropriate board, just like you posted this one!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 17 2018, 8:48pm

Post #3 of 10 (5356 views)
Shortcut
Hey, you already know how to do this! [In reply to] Can't Post

You can post on the LotR Movie Board the same way you posted on the Hobbit Movie Board:
http://newboards.theonering.net/...rum.cgi?post=949951;

If you click on my link to your post above and go to it, then click "View Threaded", and you'll see a tree of replies - some to you, some to members who have responded to you. To reply to any of these posts, just click on them and click the "Reply to this Post" in their upper-right corner.

NottaSackville
Valinor

Oct 18 2018, 1:36am

Post #4 of 10 (5341 views)
Shortcut
In theory, that's how it works [In reply to] Can't Post

In practice, someone inevitably mentions pants, or puns, and an entire subthread develops unrelated to your original posting.

"And just hope no one combines them and starts a clothing-related pun thread", he panted.

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 18 2018, 1:51am

Post #5 of 10 (5339 views)
Shortcut
Did you say 'thread'? [In reply to] Can't Post

"A wizard is never pantsed, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he wedgied. He strides out precisely when he means to."

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 18 2018, 11:31am

Post #6 of 10 (5288 views)
Shortcut
It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going into your closet. You step inside, and if you don't keep your pants, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to. // [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 18 2018, 12:16pm

Post #7 of 10 (5283 views)
Shortcut
If I take one more step, it'll be the farthest away from my pants I've ever been... // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Oct 18 2018, 1:40pm

Post #8 of 10 (5290 views)
Shortcut
In a hole in the pants, there lived a hobbit. [In reply to] Can't Post

Not nasty, dirty, wet pants, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet dry, thread-bare sandy pants too tight to sit down: it was hobbit -pants, and that means comfort waistband."

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

squire
Half-elven

Oct 18 2018, 8:38pm

Post #9 of 10 (5268 views)
Shortcut
Losing the mail-shirt to the orcs was bad enough, thought Sam, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

... the clatter of his precious pants as they fell down into the dark was like a death-knell to his heart.

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Archive: All the TORn Reading Room Book Discussions (including the 1st BotR Discussion!) and Footerama: "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
Dr. Squire introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Oct 23 2018, 3:09pm

Post #10 of 10 (4807 views)
Shortcut
We come, we come with roll of drum: ta-runda runda runda rom! [In reply to] Can't Post

We come, we come with horn and drum: ta-runa runa runa rom!

We come, we come bare bole and branch!
We just don't need no stinking pants!

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.