Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Nice piece on Viggo in the NY Times

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 16, 1:01pm

Post #1 of 4 (326 views)
Shortcut
Nice piece on Viggo in the NY Times Can't Post

The New York Times has selected Viggo Mortensen as one of its 'Greatest' of 2018 - there's a nice piece on him here.

Tolkien also gets a mention in the piece on George R.R. Martin in the same series.

Storm clouds

Annael
Half-elven

Oct 16, 2:33pm

Post #2 of 4 (310 views)
Shortcut
great article [In reply to] Can't Post

kudos to the writer for capturing some of the elusive essence of our king

Viggo shows up in my dreams a lot, not in the sense you might think (Sean Bean gets that role) but as a kind of guide or catalyst. If he's in a dream, it's always what Jungians call a numinous dream, one that has meaning or a message for me.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

VeArkenstone
Rivendell

Oct 16, 7:14pm

Post #3 of 4 (300 views)
Shortcut
Dreams [In reply to] Can't Post

I have had several dreams of Dan O'Gorman's Fili. It is always a perfectly beautiful day, and he is backlit by a golden setting sun and standing in a field of sunflowers and purple lupins. He always asks what I doing with my life or asks me to think about what I should do with the rest of my life I think these are numinous dreams as well.

Please, call me Ve.

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Oct 24, 4:26pm

Post #4 of 4 (214 views)
Shortcut
Terrific article on an elusive man [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the link Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.