Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
What Character(s) will die in Avengers 4?
Poll: What Character(s) will die in Avengers 4?
Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Hulk
Ant-Man
Captain Marvel
War Machine
Nebula
Rocket Raccoon
All of the above
The Original Avengers (Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk)
Other (please elaborate)
I don't know any of these characters
View Results (34 votes)

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rivendell

Oct 6, 8:18pm

Post #1 of 15 (2724 views)
Shortcut
What Character(s) will die in Avengers 4? Can't Post

Gotta ask this question; hopefully there are a lot of Marvel fans like me here on TORN?

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 6, 11:18pm

Post #2 of 15 (2680 views)
Shortcut
Tony Stark [In reply to] Can't Post

because he and Potts were planning their wedding. First rule of going to war: the man who talks first about his girl back home ain't getting home alive.

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rivendell

Oct 6, 11:28pm

Post #3 of 15 (2677 views)
Shortcut
Good Reasoning… [In reply to] Can't Post

Tony dying is almost a given at this point. I hold out hope that he might live and just retire, rather than die, but…
As long as Thor lives, I can probably make it out of the theater alive. If not, that's it. I'll die in my seat, with my face buried in a bag of popcorn. Nonetheless, though, I voted Cap, Black Widow, and Hulk/Bruce Banner.

(This post was edited by Thor 'n' Oakenshield on Oct 6, 11:34pm)

sevilodorf
Grey Havens

Oct 7, 2:49am

Post #4 of 15 (2663 views)
Shortcut
How many of the actors involved completed their contracts? [In reply to] Can't Post

Or risen in price to the point the studio says reboot time?

(This post was edited by sevilodorf on Oct 7, 2:50am)

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rivendell

Oct 7, 1:37pm

Post #5 of 15 (2647 views)
Shortcut
Robert Downey Jr's… [In reply to] Can't Post

I am pretty sure his contract was for ten years, which should mean that this is his last film. Whether that means he dies, though, is an open question. Chris Evans' contract, I think, also should end around now, and Chris Hemsworth's (though many people believe his contract will be renewed, at least for one more Thor film). I don't think a reboot of Avengers will be happening anytime soon (I don't think they'll have a new Iron-man, or a new Cap, though other characters might fill those roles – for instance, Shuri with her tech skills could be an Iron-man type, and Bucky could take up Cap's shield); they will probably replace more and more of the old characters with the new ones like Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Spider-man, etc. But Kevin Feige is continuing on with at least some of this series of characters after Avengers 4, we know that for sure, because a bunch of films are already confirmed for the upcoming years (Black Widow, Doctor Strange 2, Spider-man: Far From Home, Guardians of the Galaxy 3). Marvel Studios also just commissioned a script for Dark Avengers.

Annael
Half-elven

Oct 8, 5:55pm

Post #6 of 15 (2620 views)
Shortcut
O Captain, my captain [In reply to] Can't Post

Cap is 100 years old and has never adapted to the new world. I think he's ready to head for that big dancehall in the sky and finally have his date with Peggy.

Plus, there's going to be a new Captain in town.

I think Stark will survive. He's already done the noble self-sacrifice thing so that arc's completed.

Kilidoescartwheels
Tol Eressea

Oct 15, 9:51pm

Post #7 of 15 (2537 views)
Shortcut
Cap for sure, Iron Man & Nebula are also strong contenders [In reply to] Can't Post

We all know that Chris Evans is saying "goodbye," so I think that's a given that Cap will not survive the final battle. I do hope that Tony Stark decides to finally retire, turning the reigns over to Dr. Strange or Capt. Marvel, & takes Pepper to the Riviera like he talked about in "Iron Man II." However, since he was paid $50 million for the Infinity Wars movies, I think his contract is definitely up. I also would like to see Thor go off in search of any surviving Asgardians, of which there are some apparently, so he'll bow out but obviously could come back. I think Chris Hemsworth wants to do comedy, as he's doing a remake/reboot of "Men in Black" with the Valkyrie. And of course he's starring in "Bad Times at the El Royale," so I think he's ready to move on.

I don't know what is going to happen to Hulk or Hawkeye, but I don't think they'll die, and Scarlet is finally getting a standalone Black Widow movie, although I think it's a prequel. But Black Panther, Spiderman & Dr. Strange are all getting sequels, so they'll be back. "Guardians" was supposed to get a sequel, but that's all up in the air now, however I don't believe Nebula will survive the movie. In the comics she gets ahold of the Gauntlet somehow, but it's too much for her to handle. I think her going out like Loki would be a good ending for her. As an aside, although I love Tom Hiddleston, I do hope it's the end of Loki. He's had such an interesting character arc, going from jealous bro to full villain, to untrustable ally to fully redeemed, and I just don't know what more they can do with that. Besides, fake his death AGAIN??? Yeah, that's getting old.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 15, 10:45pm

Post #8 of 15 (2531 views)
Shortcut
I'd be surprised (and disappointed) [In reply to] Can't Post

if Loki comes back. His death seemed pretty final to me.

I suspect that what the stones taketh, they can giveth once more - so I reluctantly expect Gamora to return.

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rivendell

Oct 16, 12:18am

Post #9 of 15 (2522 views)
Shortcut
Please bring Loki back… [In reply to] Can't Post

because there are multiple reasons why he actually might not have died. He is able to make clones of himself, so it's not inconceivable that the Loki who died was not the real Loki. By rights, he should have turned blue if he had actually died right then and there.
I'd be quite happy if Thor survived (Valkyrie will probably be in Avengers 4, so I suspect she and Thor could team up and – hopefully – survive the Infinity War). Black Widow's standalone movie is a prequel, so there's no reason she couldn't die. The fact that Gamora could be back, though, really bothers me; her death was so pathetic, for a character who could have been so awesome, that it just really angered me. I think that, dead, she could be more a powerful force than alive. She could infiltrate Thanos from inside the Soul Stone, but I don't need to see her come back alive.
I hope Iron Man hands over control of the Avengers to Captain Marvel at the end, as she's going to be the most powerful one, but she should assemble her team composed of Black Panther, Spider-man, Ant-man (though we don't really need him), Wasp, possibly the Guardians assuming their whole franchise doesn't get scrapped now, Bucky as the new Captain America, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, Wong. Am I missing anybody? Vision, apparently, could be returning as well, which is also somewhat frustrating, but I hope it's untrue, or that he returns completely different. Oh, and Shuri too, as a Black Panther in her own right!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 16, 3:19am

Post #10 of 15 (2513 views)
Shortcut
The Return of the Trickster God [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems pretty unlikely that Loki is gone since he is rumored to be getting his own series soon. His death might have been an illusion.

Kilidoescartwheels
Tol Eressea

Oct 16, 4:44pm

Post #11 of 15 (2455 views)
Shortcut
Loki didn't make clones [In reply to] Can't Post

he made illusions of himself. As he said to Thor, "Are you ever NOT going to fall for that?"Sly I don't believe that Loki is masquerading as Bruce Banner, but that is something the next movie will explain. Of course, I could be wrong....Crazy

Kilidoescartwheels
Tol Eressea

Oct 16, 4:46pm

Post #12 of 15 (2452 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, I've heard that [In reply to] Can't Post

but don't know if TH will be playing Loki. Yeah I know, comic book characters frequently get resurrected, but I truly thought the "series" was a cartoon. I could be wrong about that. And anyway, if TH isn't playing Loki in this series, then I'm truly not interested in watching it. Kind of like someone else playing Gandalf in the Amazon series, some actors just CAN'T be replaced!

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rivendell

Oct 16, 11:38pm

Post #13 of 15 (2416 views)
Shortcut
The Bruce Banner is Loki theory… [In reply to] Can't Post

was one that I was really captivated by for a time, because it seemed to explain what looked like continuity gaps (Banner's awkwardness when he meets Nat again, his inability to change into the Hulk, etc), but I don't know if I believe it any longer. I think if Loki did survive, and what died on that ship was an illusion, then he probably actually escaped with Valkyrie (and I think Korg) in the pod, without Thor's knowledge; Valkyrie seems to be coming back for A4, so Loki could return with her. There was also a theory, I think, that because the Space Stone was glowing blue in that scene, that meant it was being used; could Loki have been using it to teleport himself halfway across the universe? Even if he did die, right then and there, as awful a death as that would be for a God of his power, then couldn't he still come back from the dead? What about the rumors that Thor could have to raise the armies of the dead from Hel in the next movie, to fight against Thanos; of course, the dead of Hel are the dishonorable dead, and Thor would probably be offering them as a prize the ability to finally go to Valhalla, and I don't know if Loki would count as having died dishonorably in that scene; I mean, he did betray Thor, but he then tried to kill Thanos…(but I want the Hel theory to come true mainly because I want Hela back, and wouldn't it be AWESOME to see her in battle against Thanos??)
I don't know much yet about the Loki series, but I had not heard that it would be a cartoon. I think it's wrong to relegate him to a miniseries like that, but I'm excited to see the series devoted to Scarlet Witch; though she deserves a starring role in a Doctor Strange movie, in my opinion. It's true, though, that if TH is not playing him, I don't want to see that Loki. He is the only Loki. (As for Gandalf in the Amazon series, I don't even know what to say; I'm not looking forward to that until I hear that Ian and Cate, at least, are reprising their roles; and they could, right? Like, why not?).
Btw, anybody who has any theories about what will happen in A4, whether to Thanos or in regards to plot, ending, Soul Stone, etc, etc, feel free to share! I really love the theory that Dr. Strange sent the Time Stone forward in time before giving it to Thanos, so that Iron Man will find it on Titan at the beginning of A4, and use it to begin building his own Infinity Gauntlet, with which to challenge Thanos for control of the universe. I could actually see that being the first scene, like a prologue, where he and Nebula discover the Stone. I also hope that people are right, and Pepper will don an Iron suit to come rescue Tony from space; or should Captain Marvel show up and rescue him? Or should Captain Marvel rescue Ant-man from the Quantum Realm? Or did Ant-man actually stumble into the Soul World, as some people think? I'll stop now, before I continue rambling for another page and a half Wink

Kilidoescartwheels
Tol Eressea

Oct 29, 4:10pm

Post #14 of 15 (2085 views)
Shortcut
Loki's TV show [In reply to] Can't Post

So after posting this I looked it up, and according to this, the shows will be live action & featuring Tom and Elizabeth Olson. This just got way more interesting:

https://www.theverge.com/...l-cinematic-universe

Of course, it could be set in ANY time period, meaning before "Infinity War," which means Loki's death could still be permanent. OTOH, comics are famous for bringing back dead people, so.... Anyway, Netflix has now cancelled "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage," so it sounds like Disney/Marvel may be taking everything with them in 2019. I might check out Disney streaming IF they make a Loki series with Tom, or I may just buy the series on Amazon like I did with "The Night Manager."

As for A4 theories, I believe the Quantum realm is going to play a big part in undoing the "Snap." I'm thinking Capt. Marvel is somewhere in the Quantum realm, and she'll end up rescuing Ant-Man. I've seen the photos of Pepper as Rescue, and I think that is a scenario that may happen somewhere in the Quantum realm. But beyond this I have no theories. My friend Bill thinks that the whole "Snap" was an illusion given to Thanos by Dr. Strange, to trick him into THINKING he succeeded, and therefore giving everyone time to stop him from finishing the Infinity gauntlet. I think my friend is crazy, but if that happens I'll probably throw something at the screen and walk out!Mad Hm, maybe we should start an A4 theories thread???

(This post was edited by Kilidoescartwheels on Oct 29, 4:10pm)

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rivendell

Oct 29, 4:31pm

Post #15 of 15 (2079 views)
Shortcut
I would love an Avengers 4 Theory Thread! [In reply to] Can't Post

Your friend Bill is clearly crazy. He had better be.
I love the theories I've seen about Pepper as Rescue, and it looks like it's true; if it's in the Quantum Realm, that is great, because I love that place. I'd love to see the inhabitants of the Quantum Realm, the ones who outfitted Janet Van Dyne in her cool nomad-warrior outfit; apparently you can see a city in the Quantum Realm, in Antman & The Wasp.

I'll start a thread on A4 theories! Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.