Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Am I the only one who just got a TORn PM asking me to be fan friends with a new member?

squire
Half-elven

Oct 5 2018, 7:22pm

Post #1 of 5 (6593 views)
Shortcut
Am I the only one who just got a TORn PM asking me to be fan friends with a new member? Can't Post

The One Ring Forums: Messages:
sup looking for new friends
Date Sent:
2 mins ago

"sup i just found this website yesterday and just discovered lotr 3 months ago. Ever since then I have watched all 6 movies, I have read the fellowship of the ring and i am reading the two towers. I have also done research into lotr lore such as the fall of gondolin, the creation of the ents, the elves, the men. Aswell as the orgins of sauron. I am looking to chat with a fellow fan for fun"

This is a new one on me. I wondered if it was mass-generated, as I can't think why I would be singled out by this user.

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Archive: All the TORn Reading Room Book Discussions (including the 1st BotR Discussion!) and Footerama: "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
Dr. Squire introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 5 2018, 8:41pm

Post #2 of 5 (6569 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't seen this before, myself, but something does feel a little 'off' with it to me. But maybe I'm being paranoid.

"For a brief time I was here; and for a brief time I mattered." - Harlan Ellison

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 9 2018, 1:35pm

Post #3 of 5 (6529 views)
Shortcut
It's likely spam [In reply to] Can't Post

If you want to PM one of the admins the name of the user, we can look up their registration and take appropriate action. If it's a genuine user who doesn't understand now our message boards work, we can work with them.

CuriousG
Half-elven

Oct 9 2018, 5:50pm

Post #4 of 5 (6510 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, but [In reply to] Can't Post

If he was promised millions of inherited $’s in Nigeria if he’d only share his bank account number, he might not be willing to share that with everyone and dilute his wealth.

I’m still waiting for my big deposit from Nigeria. Should be any day now, especially since I’ve answered all those offers.

:)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 10 2018, 11:43am

Post #5 of 5 (6441 views)
Shortcut
I also received this pm [In reply to] Can't Post

And the author has already posted here about getting into the Boards.
I encouraged him (?) to go to the Reading Room and Movie Discussion Boards (included direct links) to find some great conversations. I truly think we have a newbie just finding his way around the place :) I see he's posting/interacting since then.

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.